Misc Youtube NDS ROM that runs on an R4

BungeeTest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello users here on the forum, how are you? This is my first interaction. Does anyone know if there is still a YouTube ROM(.nds) for Nintendo DS/DSI (or any NDS) that works?

I have an R4iSDHC and I had this idea of running Youtube on it, since Youtube for 3DS is no longer working. (I'm running on an old Nintendo 2DS)

The only one I found was this one, but reports indicate that it is no longer working (the last update was in 2016 so it is kind of expected). (by Gericom user)

Any idea?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello users here on the forum, how are you? This is my first interaction. Does anyone know if there is still a YouTube ROM(.nds) for Nintendo DS/DSI (or any NDS) that works?

I have an R4iSDHC and I had this idea of running Youtube on it, since Youtube for 3DS is no longer working. (I'm running on an old Nintendo 2DS)

The only one I found was this one, but reports indicate that it is no longer working (the last update was in 2016 so it is kind of expected). (by Gericom user)

Any idea?
There is no such .nds file. Why not use ThirdTube?

Reactions: LeyendaV

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe so. The last one required the author to host a server to process some things, and that server was shut down.

BufferOverflow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mbware.bplaced.net
XP
Country
Germany
The homebrew from Gericom doesn't work anymore because YouTube changed the API. Additionally, the API only allows requests via HTTPS. I can imagine that implementing this on the Nintendo DS is not exactly easy. He also hard-coded the YouTube URL, so there was no GUI. More details are at his GitHub. The project seems to be dead. After all, it's still quite fun to see YouTube on the DS. ThridTube is the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch