01 - ECHI
02 - DIPÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ(37 10) (38 1)
04 - OCHI0
05 - SDI
06 - IP address shit
07 - http shit
10 - usb/ven USB_VEN
11 - usb/eth USB_ETH
12 - IOSPÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ(37 1b) (38 11)

As IOS58 is not on the NUS servers, simply modifying the installer will not do. It must be done manually.

So it would appear that you could extract the 58 contents and dump your hermes IOS (37/38 merged). Then copy the 0x10.app over the 0x2.app. And copy the 0x1b over the 0x12.app. Then mark the appropriate content in the TMD as not shared and update the hashes and pack that sucker back and install it. You will still need to treat it like hermes' IOS, meaning you must call the mload and echi stuff before it will do anything cool. And the DIP that allows DVDr reading is still external (it is supplied by uloader/CFG loader/GX) . But this should allow the IOS to support FAT and NTFS and the external ECHI modules so you can use the other USB port if yours is broken.

So somebody try it and let me know if it works as i don't own any of the games that need it and i don't care to own them
smile.gif
Oh well...if I find some time, maybe I'll try...but don't count on me
tongue.gif

But on a Sidenote: How big are the Chances that the Guitar Hero/Rockband-Instruments will work with this? Because another cIOS would be too much for me...meh, guess I'll better start...

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do i dump my merged hermes ios from my wii??? I want attempt to create my own merged cios but need some directions lol

does anyone wanna walk me thru it???

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nikeymikey said:
How do i dump my merged hermes ios from my wii??? I want attempt to create my own merged cios but need some directions lol

does anyone wanna walk me thru it???
Nope, won't do that, sorry. If you don't know what and how you should do it, you should leave it. Just wait for someone to do it. If you realy want to start, have a Look at WiiBrew. Many articles and tools will help you.

Btw, sadly, I guess I'm out of creating this...I replaced the parts, set the Slot to IOS223, and set a new Version. But I'm stuck at the TMD-Part...just to messy in HEX
frown.gif

@giantpune: Doesn't Hermes cIOS-Installer has an Offline-Option? Kinda like Wanins one? I didn't found the Source, but I think that's the case...

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Surely someone out there can do this!! I am willing to TRY and LEARN but someone needs to pint me in the right direction as to what programs I wil need etc

Plus I'd still like to know how I can extract my merged Hermes ios from my wii, can I use ftpii? If so which folders are ios 223?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nikeymikey said:
Surely someone out there can do this!! I am willing to TRY and LEARN but someone needs to pint me in the right direction as to what programs I wil need etc

Plus I'd still like to know how I can extract my merged Hermes ios from my wii, can I use ftpii? If so which folders are ios 223?
Oh well, seems like you did some research, so guess I can share what I did...but again, everything at your risk, if you brick, it's your fault. And I am pretty shure you'll also fail at the TMP-Stuff...

For the dumping, replacing, unpacking, the new Slot & new version and packaging, I used:

-FTPii (/isfs/title/00000001/000000df/content/)
-ShowMiiWads

What you have to do with these is pretty straight-forward. I dunno about the TMP-Stuff though, and that's the hardest Part. It seems like you need to Hex-Edit it, and I have no clue from this point.

Anyways, when I tried the new ©IOS (without the TMP-Stuff), I got the Error that the module is missing (like pune mentioned), and I was too lazy to search for it. Maybe it would have already worked, I dunno...I would prefer it with the Module integrated anyways.

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have the same thing with you shape and the cam, with all the usb loaders. the cam only works in the same port as the hdd. so what we need is both ports to work or a hub that the hdd and cam works with

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers for the info Blue-K, im gonna see what i can come up with. Your probably right tho, its probably way above my level lol.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snce hermes used the patchmii stuff, the offline "option" is automatic. you tell it to get a IOS and it looks on the sd card and if it doesn't see one, it gets it from NUS. so you can manually create the folders for IOS58. But you must encrypt the contents (.app shit) before you put them in there. Patchmii expects to get encrypted contents from the SD/NUS.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the retail version of the game, can I just copy it to a USB loader? I extracted the IOS58 from the game and installed it via WM as well, will the USB loader play the game with no problems?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bnm81002 said:
I have the retail version of the game, can I just copy it to a USB loader? I extracted the IOS58 from the game and installed it via WM as well, will the USB loader play the game with no problems?
It will not play the game, or it will start the game but will not find your webcam. You'll have to wait for a solution to be posted.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
bnm81002 said:
It will not play the game, or it will start the game but will not find your webcam. You'll have to wait for a solution to be posted.

oh well guess I have to use the disc then
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste