BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got an Acekard 2.1 sometime early January. (bad DX shipping bad)
tongue.gif
I went take that Ninty I don't need to buy games anymore.

daProphet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bought the r4 when they were initially released and had a kingston 1gb
i loved it until i needed to get ysmenu to play games and now am looking at either the acekard 2i or the m3izero

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My story goes back to...2006. I had had my DS Phat for a year, always with two games: Nintendogs and Megaman 5 DS. They were good, but I craved for something new (this was WAY before I discovered GBATemp). I had no GBA flashcart, and I got through the glory years of that playing on an emulator I really cherish (Visualboy Advance). Only games I really bought were GS2 (COS THAT LYK DA BOMB), Mario Kart, Pokemans, etc...

Anyways, back to my story. I was searching on Google after seeing some stuff about getting games for free on the DS, and this was just when the start of the slot-1's were coming through...so G6's and M3's were really popular back then + passmes and all that. I stumbled upon the ONLY flashcart that was slot-1 at the time: the DS-X. Sure, it was flipping expensive (108 euros) but totally worth it when I got it like 3 days after Xmas.

I loaded up ANY game, it would boot and play wonderfully. The menus were awesome, the loading was decent, it was FREE games for God's sake.

BUT...the downfall of the DS-X was really 1.1.2. After that, they never were the same. 1.1.0 was the best era, I played any game without patching, etc...just trim and go. It lasted me like...6 months before they starting going AWOL on users and I said "screw these guys, I'm gonna buy a new cart". I got lucky my sis bought a DS at that time (ironically, her DS just broke the other day), and I ordered the R4 from DX (got to know that site). After that, I got the R4 for me, and the DS-X I gave it to her.

She was happy, so that's what mattered. And compared to my old DS-X, the R4 was awesome. FINALLY no crappy internal memory, I thought. And Pokesav worked for the first time ever without having to convert like 50 times. This was shortly after I discovered GBATemp (I discovered it from a thread on the US release of Pokemon Diamond, actually).

The R4 lasted a long while, until it started failing to play the latest games...so I then ordered a DSTT, which is my actual flashcart nowadays, with 4 GB mem. MicroSD. I simply love it. YSMenu plays all I want (with some fixes, but eh...it works now), so I'm happy. The R4 I gave to my sis, cos the DS-X sucked right now, and was put on a shelf to gather dust.

I've had three flashcarts pass through my hands, and I must say the DSTT/R4 were the best. DS-X was good initally, but internal memory issues (once it literally died on me, I had to use their fixer stuff, which made me reinstall XP, etc...) and tons of hours lost trying to revive it made it a crappy cart in the end. It was worth the investment at the time, but now I wouldn't even dream of buying it. It had so much potential, my God...if they had invested well, it could still be the most powerful cart on the market today.

Oh well...I'm glad to say, though, that ALL 3 carts still work like they did on the first day they arrived. The DS-X just has crappy firmware, is all.
smile.gif

movin_target

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My frist Flashcart was Acekard 2.1.
My reaction was RAGE because it was a dead card.

But then I got one that worked and its still keeping me happy to this day.
smile.gif

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doctor gb card for the classic game boy.
it was expensive and you could only store up to 4 games or so.

it was great, because i was the only one who had one in my town.

those were the days.

Andytoxic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.credge.audio
XP
Country
Russia
OMG that time... I don't wanna think about
laugh.gif

My first flashcard was a DSlinker 16g (2Gbyte) in white, i got it at the end of spring 2007 and i was like " WTF?" Why it doesn't load ROMS? But I didn't get a new one because the shop didn't answer to my mails (GAME*****.COM)

Since then I never ordered something from them it did cost about 90€

So then I've only player homebrew games and ran homebrew applications on it until a new firmware came out with FLASH4mbit support.
Since then i could run most of the games in FLASH4M mode but I already had a Supercard lite at this time so I didn't really need it then
Then I found out that the error was a broken battery inside but I don't mind because I only use it for homebrew at this time

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
KingdomBlade said:
It was a TTDS. My first reaction was like:

"What! You can play free games on that thing?! That's awesome!"
It had a cute little menu and some cheats. I loved it.

Then, when I found GBAtemp:

"Aww, man, I wish I had an Acekard, oh well, I'll have to cope with YSMenu I guess."

Eventually, some guy my aunt is friends with said to buy her son a Flashcart. So I asked her if I could keep the flashcart I bought (Acekard) and just give the my old one to her son. And I got an Acekard for free!

Haha, exactly like me
smile.gif
exept the aunt's friend part^^

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mine was a ExtremeFlashAdvance II. I was paranoid about the DS bricker at the time so I didn't get a DS capable flashcart until later. I didn't realize the DS bricker in fact wasn't being put into fake roms everywhere, I just assumed it was
tongue.gif

It was a good flashcart, but my first DS flashcart was when it really became awesome (SuperCard DS One, annoying GUI, but it ran my games...
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments