Gaming Your opinion of "launch" title looks?

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
I won't be getting it. It's a psp with better graphics. Or a ps3 portable. I have both of them so I don't see why this is worth buying. However, if it gets worthwhile exclusives, I may consider it.

Aaaaaare you serious?

When it comes to 'innovation' in the handheld space, Sony is leading the charge. Not only does it contain the two biggest innovations to hit the portable gaming space lately (now, whether or not people are making awesome games with these innovations is another story, but they are both new and different), touch controls and motion controls.. but it has something that's actually never before seen /and/ cool. that rear touch pad could lead to some pretty cool stuff. [edit - let's not forget about the rear camera /and/ the 3g. at&t or not, 3G is like an extra 50 bucks and maybe $20 for the month that you actually want it. this thing is just a powerhouse. an affordable powerhouse] And hey, I don't care about graphics.. but the idea of having a playstation 2 in my pocket isn't all that unimpressive. think about the possibilities, here. If sony could capture the greatness that is the library of the Ps2 and put that in your pocket, they've got something on their hands. and based on some of the launch titles I've seen, a number of which are expanding upon relatively new IPs and exploring completely new ones /and/ contain intriguing and relatively new gameplay... that could very well happen.

Now by contrast, the 3ds... it has motion controls, yes.. but it's basically a DS with better graphics. and 3D. now, it does have an analog nub.. but that's a little... not significantly important.

Don't call me a nintendo hater. I've been representing nintendo for like.. the last 3 generations. I love my ds lite (which I upgraded to from my ds phat) and the Psp was frankly unimportant. like I said in my little introduction - if it were psvista v.s. ds lite, I'd say that nintendo had a good chance here. But the 3DS.. I just don't have as much faith in it. it looks like psvista has the games man.. and whoever has the games wins.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Sony makes a console that has a touch pad on the back panel: "(╬ ಠ益ಠ) THAT IS SO LAME!"
In an alternate Reality, Nintendo comes up with the idea first:"( ゚д゚) INNOVATION! OMG!"

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Sony makes a console that has a touch pad on the back panel: "(? ???) THAT IS SO LAME!"
In an alternate Reality, Nintendo comes up with the idea first:"( ???) INNOVATION! OMG!"
I think it would be dumb either way

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't want an 'innovative' console which in the end is full of gimmicks, I just want a console that has games.

Both 3DS and Vita apparently caught my attention. Hence, I'll save up for both. 3DS I love the first party (I don't care the 3D) and Vita I love the FPS (Likewise I don't bother about the touch rear). Simple as that.

TwinRetro said:
Sony makes a console that has a touch pad on the back panel: "(? ???) THAT IS SO LAME!"
In an alternate Reality, Nintendo comes up with the idea first:"( ???) INNOVATION! OMG!"
That's really true actually. LOL.

You forgot to add 'copycat' on Sony though. Fans always say that.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will getting a 3DS eventually but personally i think the Vita looks like piss design-wise. BUT. I am impressed with the hardware the same way i was with the PSP. Hoping the Vita gets hacked like the PSP is the selling point for me.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
TwinRetro said:
I think it would be dumb either way

Agreed, I can't see many uses for this (the back touch pad), at least when Nintendo announces their next innovation that many may laugh at, at least I can see the many possible uses, even if I don't necessarily think its a good idea.

The Vita has some cool stuff going for it, but I dunno, so far it hasn't announced anything that really makes me want it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
BortzANATOR said:
I will getting a 3DS eventually but personally i think the Vita looks like piss design-wise. BUT. I am impressed with the hardware the same way i was with the PSP. Hoping the Vita gets hacked like the PSP is the selling point for me.
Imagine all the homebrew possibilities!

Well, I find the design okay. I mean it's sleek! But it looks very vulnerable. The screen unlike the clamshell 3DS/DS doesn't have a 'protection' and the touch rear may make crystal case designing more difficult. But we'll see.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do NOT think it looks sleek in the slightest. But thats my opinion lol i think it look pretty bad. But hey they didnt stop me from gettting a hacked psp 100X.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I only watched uncharted and im already sold, hell a ps3 portable is mind blowing.. i want a dead space on this later

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(prwlr. @ Apr 17 2011, 09:01 AM)

QUOTE(Warrior522 @ Apr 17 2011, 12:59 PM)
Sony can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. UNLESS it can be hacked to emulate Gamecube, in which case I will get it ASAP.Unless Sony makes their handheld easily hackable, it's all good?

Yeah, okay.

Go buy a Gamecube and get over yourself.

It's called portability.
portable gamecube

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can honestly say that I'd get a Vita before I'd get a 3DS. The DS left a bad taste in my mouth with all the missing franchises that never got released for it.....or were so few of them released as to be a disappointment to me anyway.

And until they're hacked, neither of them are worth my time. I'm sorry if that offends some people's morality, but that's how I feel about it.

Reactions: 2 people

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I might wait a year or so. One for prices to go down and two for when I sell my iPod touch for some decent cash. I'll definitely be looking out for the Vita.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
WipEout, Gravity Rush, Dynasty Warriors and Blazblue.
O96N2.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Will wait for games later, launch title doesn't look THAT good
Compared to 3DS though... looks a lot better.

It has almost all genres anyone could wish for covered. Some good AA games like Disgaea and Katamari. Fighting games, racing games, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol