Gaming Your opinion of "launch" title looks?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
BortzANATOR said:
Its going to be way too much money right off the bat. I mean the PSP was too much for a long long time.

True that, now they're just dirt cheap though.
yaypsp.gif

The 3DS' launch titles really sucked, in my opinion Sony can't do worse than them actually.
Yeah i didnt buy one till my sold me one for $70 prehacked and with (!) a 4 gig card. Which back when i bought it, would have run me about $50 alone.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it. PSP had mostly shitty games save a select few (and Jesus don't reply with a list of generic shit JRPGs saying "oh these are the good PSP games") but the emulators totally made up for it. Also with the trackpad on the back, and the high resolution screen, getting a Linux distro on there would be quite cool.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I like the NGP and all but just one thing...

what should the touch rear be used for? I don't see any games needing the use of that!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:

what should the touch rear be used for? I don't see any games needing the use of that!

The only big example I've seen is on Uncharted, when they used the rear touchpad to do rock climbing motions and stuff.

I will say that I think it's a stupid feature. If they just gave me essentially a PSP with a touchscreen, two analog sticks, and a fuckton more power, then I'd be happy. I don't need this rear touchpad crap.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

The only big example I've seen is on Uncharted, when they used the rear touchpad to do rock climbing motions and stuff.

I will say that I think it's a stupid feature. If they just gave me essentially a PSP with a touchscreen, two analog sticks, and a fuckton more power, then I'd be happy. I don't need this rear touchpad crap.
To me, NGP has quite a lot of things which add to production costs... fingerprints on a high-end OLED 5" won't be nice (even with protectors), the touch rear also is quite a waste, 3G + bluetooth decreases battery life greatly when activated.

No offense but in my opinion, with a second analog, there is actually no need for a capacitive touchscreen. It just adds to the NGP production costs (except for uncharted though where you rub off some weird map-thingy from the trailer). The touch rear is seriously a huge waste of production.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

To me, NGP has quite a lot of things which add to production costs... fingerprints on a high-end OLED 5" won't be nice (even with protectors), the touch rear also is quite a waste, 3G + bluetooth decreases battery life greatly when activated.

No offense but in my opinion, with a second analog, there is actually no need for a capacitive touchscreen. It just adds to the NGP production costs (except for uncharted though where you rub off some weird map-thingy from the trailer). The touch rear is seriously a huge waste of production.

Well, fingerprints aren't much of an issue if you can just clean it regularly. Odds are they won't be all that noticeable when the system is turned on anyway, even at minimum brightness. I agree with the rear touchpad but 3G is optional (they said there's a WiFi model and a WiFi+3G model) and Bluetooth can be turned off.

Touchscreens are pretty awesome for multimedia though. Like browsing the web is great with a touchscreen. It allows you to easily navigate a web page and provides the system with a touchscreen keyboard instead of needing some bulky attachment. And there's also some touchscreen focused games (we've seen a fair share of them on the DS and the iPhone) that wouldn't work all that well with a second analog stick anyway.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

Well, fingerprints aren't much of an issue if you can just clean it regularly. Odds are they won't be all that noticeable when the system is turned on anyway, even at minimum brightness. I agree with the rear touchpad but 3G is optional (they said there's a WiFi model and a WiFi+3G model) and Bluetooth can be turned off.

Touchscreens are pretty awesome for multimedia though. Like browsing the web is great with a touchscreen. It allows you to easily navigate a web page and provides the system with a touchscreen keyboard instead of needing some bulky attachment. And there's also some touchscreen focused games (we've seen a fair share of them on the DS and the iPhone) that wouldn't work all that well with a second analog stick anyway.
Only factor is price. If its good (probably S$500 with a game) then i'll get it for sure. Gravity Daze, Uncharted and Killzone... yum
nyanya.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
give me region free and launch title that made me scream "I WANT TO GET ONE" and I will get one
the first PSP I bought because it had rengoku, it hasn't disappoint me, MH3rd from launch please? the material is all there, you just need to upscale it.....

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the launch titles look great- and I hope the price is $300 or under. As for people complaining about features- it's almost as if they responded to a bunch of different markets and desires, gave it the power to back those features up, then added a rear touchpad (yeah, that part still confuses me too). The capacitive touchscreen will be great for browsing & typing. The cameras (provided they are decent) will be good for skype & social/vacation picture taking. PS Store PSP compatibility (especially if they have camera-controls emulated on the 2nd stick) means I'm going to have a good library of games even without buying a new title.

I know the 3DS will be getting great games within the next year or so, but they had to redefine "launch" to even include a web browser- that's ridiculous. I only hope the NGP doesn't have a stilted release schedule as well. I'm still upset about how crappy the cameras are (please don't say, "it's only for gaming!" Even the DSi had a facebook-direct upload feature- which is fun to use!). I can't wait for the May update.

Oh, and the PSP has Tons of great titles (without resorting to JRPGs) http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PSP Really not sure why people seem to think otherwise.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SONY: Let's stuff as much as we can in this little box....
USER : It's cool, but do I need all this?
SONY : Yes! It enables you to hook it up to ALL your sony equipement!
USER : but I only have samsung stuff...
SONY : That's why you need all the stuff....eh,...
USER : ( takes 3ds and sits down to play on Wii U, WITH HIS FRIENDS.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
emigre said:
Pros:

I like the there's two analogue sticks now, controling the camera is a pain on the PSP. The best solution I found was moving with the analogue nub and using the D-pad to control the camera. The problem with that it felt like you needed three hands to play the game.
^this so glad for the two joysticks. that was the biggest issue with the psp IMO camera angles ALWAYS sucked in EVERY game i've played on it (well not counting 2d games and such ofcourse xD)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice said:
the biggest issue with the psp IMO camera angles ALWAYS sucked in EVERY game i've played on it (well not counting 2d games and such ofcourse xD)

Eh, it really depends on the game. Some games work fine, others are a bit of a mess.

Right now the only confirmed launch title is Wipeout 2048, which looks alright but I'm not huge into racers. I enjoy them but I'd rather launch with something really meaty. Even Ruin, which looks like an obvious clone, still looks fun and can offer a meaty experience. Something that'll be worth my money at launch and will keep me playing the system.

Although I could just get the system and buy Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSN Store for like $10 and play it with dual analogs. AW YEAH.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
dimmidice said:
the biggest issue with the psp IMO camera angles ALWAYS sucked in EVERY game i've played on it (well not counting 2d games and such ofcourse xD)

Eh, it really depends on the game. Some games work fine, others are a bit of a mess.

Right now the only confirmed launch title is Wipeout 2048, which looks alright but I'm not huge into racers. I enjoy them but I'd rather launch with something really meaty. Even Ruin, which looks like an obvious clone, still looks fun and can offer a meaty experience. Something that'll be worth my money at launch and will keep me playing the system.

Although I could just get the system and buy Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSN Store for like $10 and play it with dual analogs. AW YEAH.
Wait, have they confirmed mapping controls to the second analogue for PSP games?

That is soooooo awesome!
biggrin.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I really want this, but I'll be buying it like a year in or maybe even more, where games are more abundant and cheaper, and the price has dropped because a new model just came out.

The announced titles look really good, especially Uncharted of course. However, if they threw in Monster Hunter, a rhythm game and a solid Square Enix game, I may just try to get it earlier.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Wait, have they confirmed mapping controls to the second analogue for PSP games?

That is soooooo awesome!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I think it uses emulation for the PSP games so it has mappable controls (or at least dual analog support). I'm positive on the dual analog at least. I have a feeling I'd buy the system just to play all those somewhat flawed "dual analog" games (like Resistance Retribution, Coded Arms, etc) and play them they way they should be.

QUOTE(KingdomBlade @ Jun 8 2011, 05:58 PM) The announced titles look really good, especially Uncharted of course. However, if they threw in Monster Hunter, a rhythm game and a solid Square Enix game, I may just try to get it earlier.

Agreed. I hope they launch with a Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD port (basically bring the HD version from the PS3 over), Ruin (as I said, it looks like a clone but it'll still satisfy my dungeon crawling hack 'n' slash itch), Uncharted (looks fun and it'll at least show off what I can do with the system), and some Square Enix title (my dream one would be another Dissidia, but I'll go with some type of Final Fantasy remake). Wouldn't mind a Rock Band Unplugged type of thing as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality