YOUR faith

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the best religions are the dead ones. Norse Gods? Utterly awesome! Greek Gods? Pretty cool guys. Roman Gods? Also pretty cool.
They knew their gods were a bunch of pricks and still worshipped them!!

Yeah, I don't believe in any God really, I'm a complete Atheist but can understand people who believe in a God, though don't think anybody should take the Bible as completely truthful

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
I think the best religions are the dead ones. Norse Gods? Utterly awesome! Greek Gods? Pretty cool guys. Roman Gods? Also pretty cool.
They knew their gods were a bunch of pricks and still worshipped them!!

Yeah, I don't believe in any God really, I'm a complete Atheist but can understand people who believe in a God, though don't think anybody should take the Bible as completely truthful

Best Gods ever are the Jade Emperor and the Monkey King.

Occult Tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Atheist. There is no proof at all of a God ever having existed. The Church just made it up to get some easy money. It's still getting easy money.

You forgot to mention that they invented it for social control, too.

hesho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
for ppl who are athesists and stuff since iam muslim we belive in one god only so u ask yourselves this who do u think created your bodies and souls just a question

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hesho said:
for ppl who are athesists and stuff since iam muslim we belive in one god only so u ask yourselves this who do u think created your bodies and souls just a question
Ever heard of things called Mothers and Farthers? AKA Parents.

hesho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
[/quote]

my friend iam not talking about prgenancy who developed your body and souls and your parents and so on so forth where do u think human beings where originated and who originated them thats wat iam talkin about and another quetion what do u all think the definition of a soul

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Agnostic, and despises all new age things such as psychics, homeopathy, and all the other sorts of woo woo.

I don't mind people have religious beliefs though, except the few that can be conclusively labeled as cults
smile.gif

QUOTE said:

Who created Allah? God, or whatever you wish to call your chosen deity. I have no issues with the Muslim faith, Christian, etc The ones I do are shall we say more modern inventions.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overlord Nadrian said:
Atheist. There is no proof at all of a God ever having existed. The Church just made it up to get some easy money. It's still getting easy money.
Well, not quite, but the churches are just interested in money.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hesho said:

my friend iam not talking about prgenancy who developed your body and souls and your parents and so on so forth where do u think human beings where originated and who originated them thats wat iam talkin about and another quetion what do u all think the definition of a soul

A soul is a made up thing by religions in order to lure and frighten you into that religion, with either the promise of an after life or the scare of an eternity in hell. and you my friend have appeared to have fallen for this lie hook line and sinker.

hesho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Tanas said:
hesho said:

A soul is a made up thing by religions in order to lure and frighten you into that religion, with either the promise of an after life or the scare of an eternity in hell. and you my friend have appeared to have fallen for this lie hook line and sinker.

my friend that is your opinion and by the way i respect all religions and their prospectives peace my friend
biggrin.gif

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Legally a Protestant (NI requires you to declare either Protestant or Catholic when you apply for a job, although it's more of a cultural thing than a religious one- also WTF! Illegal nearly everywhere else)

In reality I would describe myself as an agnostic, with Christian overtones (since that was my upbringing). I don't like the idea of religion, but I do try to fulfil Christianity on a technical basis- while I don't really believe it, and it's a billion to one chance, if there is no God, there are no consequences, if that billionth chance was right, i'm fucked.

Religion may be irrational, hedging your bets certainly isn't.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the cynicism here...

I certainly don't believe science has any sort of lock on explaining where we came from. Yeah, we came from our parents, but where did they come from? Where did their ancestors come from? Where did they come from in the evolutionary chain? And then, where did all the stuff that comprises our universe come from? There's a place in every point of view that our ability to prove ANYTHING breaks down.

Someone can ask the same thing about higher powers that created the universe. Where did they come from? In the end, we all ask ourselves the same question. I can no more prove that they exist or that they do not exist than anyone else can.

In any case, I choose to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I can no more prove that he is the Son of God than anyone else. Only circumstantially, and even then, I will run into the same problems as everyone else. It really is a matter of faith for everyone, even those that consider themselves atheists. They just put their faith in different things.

I also find it puzzling the caricature of religious people as people that ignore or don't care about science, that are somehow being hoodwinked. For me, science continually strengthens my faith. Science and faith are not mutually exclusive, and they never have been.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's only the hardline supports of a religion that discount science to a great degree. One person for example, once messaged me:

QUOTE said:
I don't know why NASA keep wasting money on sending up probes into Space, all the answers they need are already written down, in the bible.

As for me being agnostic, and thus a coward, I just think it is arrogant to say that a deity doesn't exist, but it's also same to the same degree saying one does. It's fence sitting, but, what the hey
wink.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KevInChester said:
I think it's only the hardline supports of a religion that discount science to a great degree. One person for example, once messaged me:

I don't know why NASA keep wasting money on sending up probes into Space, all the answers they need are already written down, in the bible.

As for me being agnostic, and thus a coward, I just think it is arrogant to say that a deity doesn't exist, but it's also same to the same degree saying one does. It's fence sitting, but, what the hey
wink.gif
Kev do you honestly think that god is going to let you in heaven? atheist and two faced agnostics go to hell, only theists are let in.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone