Gaming You thought the Zelda 8.8 review was bad?

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The player reviews are all around 7-8 so I still hope I'm not going to regret buying it
smile.gif

yonkers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting tired of Gamespot reviews. They are getting worse than Famitsu...did you see the review they gave to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for PC? Eugh
Dark Messiah was fantastic. They reviewed it horribly because their shatty dells weren't up to the job apparently. they complained of bugs and glitches and horrible issues all around, when I didn't have a single problem with the game. Gamespot makes me sick >.<

As for Red Steel, I hope it does well, but.... until we see more reviews. Its hard to tell, with the way GS has been rating recently.

This was pretty much when my respect for Gamespot started dropping too. I really enjoyed Dark Messiah and couldn't see many points in their review I agreed with at all.

Takkyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
those gamespot guys just blow, and for the guy above who said he tried it and it always went left, I dont know what you guys are doing, but I've been playing it for a couple hours now and getting atleast spares all the time if not strikes as many times in a row as to get turkey's.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. maybe it was because shaunj and costello played it like a week before the release date and in a week nintendo did some last-second adjustments so people who BOUGHT the wii would do good and the people who SAMPLED the wii kept getting gutter balls.

Or like popular belief, because the gamespot guys are obese and look like they need a winch from the local seaquarium to get them off the sofa and into wii-ality.

(reality? Get it? No... ?
frown.gif
I thought i should try some really bad wii pun like "wii thought it would be a good idea" or "wiieelie" (wheelie, dunno how its spelt)

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's what I have to say:
Red Steel is hard as hell to control. That said I've played it for like 30 minutes total now and I haven't gone and tried to tweak the sensitivity, which you can do in the options.

As far as bowling, the ball does seem to curve left most of the time, but not badly, just barely. And it's entirely possible to keep it straight, or just compensate by throwing it more to the right if you need to, so its really a non issue.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never expected Red Steel to be any good in the first place at any point during it's development did it look like it would be that good of a game.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
As far as bowling, the ball does seem to curve left most of the time, but not badly, just barely. And it's entirely possible to keep it straight, or just compensate by throwing it more to the right if you need to, so its really a non issue.

It's called being right-handed. If there's a left curve most of the time, then it's the same reaction as playing real bowling in real life, only the lack of weight from the wiimote makes it easier to slip up.
Does this error happen when you play with the left hand as well, or do you get a mirror effect? If you do, it's not a bug, it's realism.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting tired of Gamespot reviews.  They are getting worse than Famitsu...did you see the review they gave to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for PC?  Eugh
Dark Messiah was fantastic. They reviewed it horribly because their shatty dells weren't up to the job apparently. they complained of bugs and glitches and horrible issues all around, when I didn't have a single problem with the game. Gamespot makes me sick >.<

As for Red Steel, I hope it does well, but.... until we see more reviews. Its hard to tell, with the way GS has been rating recently.

I agree DM was awesome, but I did have problems and bugs and glitches. It wasn't until after I disabled visual themes in the .exe file of the launcher, that the game finally did work correctly.

Of course I "aquired" the game, instead of purchasing it.

corsegers

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hey bunch of stupid fanboys ??
Maby red steel does indeed SUCK HARD.
I'm still waiting for my wii. The netherlands =( .
But no chance in hell that i'm getting another launch game than zelda.
Because i'm sure the rest are just lame cashins

Just like everyother game console.

If you look at their first gen launch games they totaly sucks compared to the 2 year later released games.

And zelda has been in the making for very long so i have no doubt that this will be quality unless the crappy red steel just wait people play some nice gc games on your wii and wait untill Metroid 3 for an fps

Taters

KillerMiller

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KillerMiller and with that u want what said?
Yeah it looks much worse than the prerenders!?

Its not a prerender like a prerender of some Model Artwork where you know its not ingame. It shows clearly a gameplay scene and everyone how saw that picture was of course thinking thats how the game will be looking.
Its also probably edited with Photoshop, and again, it shows clearly a direct gameplay scene and it was not marked as "this is only a prerenderer Picture the actual game will look much worser".

I can remember they made the same thing with Command & Conquer 3 too, and probably 100 other games.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Never expected anything of this game, thought it looked like a B-game from the beginning. In one way it's a shame to see that I was right about it...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing about red steel is, if it was to come out for another console and lets pretend it also had up to par graphics, it would just be an average shooter with some tacked on swordplay. The main selling point is the added wiimote aiming system.. and if it doesnt deliver on that.. then it surely deserves its low score.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
KillerMiller and with that u want what said?
Yeah it looks much worse than the prerenders!?

Its not a prerender like a prerender of some Model Artwork where you know its not ingame. It shows clearly a gameplay scene and everyone how saw that picture was of course thinking thats how the game will be looking.
Its also probably edited with Photoshop, and again, it shows clearly a direct gameplay scene and it was not marked as "this is only a prerenderer Picture the actual game will look much worser".

I can remember they made the same thing with Command & Conquer 3 too, and probably 100 other games.

the nicer looking pictures are from game informer. the game probably never looked like this running on the nintedo wii. it might've been a mockup on how the game would look with some promised hardware nintendo/ati was delivering with their gfxcard which never made it.

that is indeed a prerender, u may say whatever you want, but that is a prerender.
If it's not, then it's the game running on some other system than the nintendo wii, perhaps PC.

it was not photoshopped more beautiful with edge smoothed meshes, diffrent light model, better textures... sorry it's a prerender my friend...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?