Gaming You thought the Zelda 8.8 review was bad?

sixb0nes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Red Steel review. 5.5
http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/redsteel/review.html

Red Steel introduces a promising control scheme both for shooting thugs and for slashing them with samurai swords, but wraps it in a buggy, thoroughly unimpressive game.

The Good: Interesting take on first-person shooter controls; nice explosions and destructible environments.

The Bad: Clunky sword-fighting sequences slapped into the middle of all the shooting; inane story chock-full of painful dialogue and voice acting; numerous noticeable bugs and glitches.

I was expecting at least a 7.0 or above. This is horrible. :/

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
laugh.gif
No Golds, it is actually 5.5/10 = 55 %

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting tired of Gamespot reviews. They are getting worse than Famitsu...did you see the review they gave to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for PC? Eugh
Dark Messiah was fantastic. They reviewed it horribly because their shatty dells weren't up to the job apparently. they complained of bugs and glitches and horrible issues all around, when I didn't have a single problem with the game. Gamespot makes me sick >.<

As for Red Steel, I hope it does well, but.... until we see more reviews. Its hard to tell, with the way GS has been rating recently.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ive decided to not mind what those reviews say. When I say "those reviews" I mean "all reviews" cause they're usually a)uninformed or b)biased.

I go by screenshots and videos to get an opinion on a game rather than reading someone elses bullcrap (that Detroit freepress article comes to mind...)

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I don't think so, my friend. Never will an FPS be more geared toward the hardcore than action-rpgs like Zelda.
If you had to choose between Red Steel or Zelda, what would you choose?

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't put stock in someones opinion just because they have a website.

This is why I don't read reviews anymore, if I pick my games based on what one or some website shmucks say, then I'm probably gonna miss out on some great games.

The closest thing I do to reading reviews is talk to my friends about the game who have a simillar taste in gaming.

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh lord. Ubisoft talks a good game about supporting Wii, but watch them pull support quickly once their crappy launch games bomb. And, of course, it'll be all Nintendo's fault.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yeah I watched this live footage... and guess what? when shaun and I played the wii at the game show, we had the same problem...
the ball would always do a left curve.. I played for about 10 minutes and hardly had any ball not go on the left side

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i had solved their problem why they given wii game low score?
just watch this video and see how they judged wii game.

Wow. God forbid these guys actually get off their fat @$$3$ and try to immerse themselves in the game. Hell, if anything, they'd probably lose a few pounds from a couple rounds of Wii Bowling...
wink.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(lookout @ Nov 18 2006, 08:13 PM)
Yes i had solved their problem why they given wii game low score?
just watch this video and see how they judged wii game.

Just take a look at those fat bastard Gamespot reviewers... maybe the side effect of physical movement know as exercise, is just a little to much for them to handle, hence some of their ridiculous wii review scores...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-