Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, the inquierer.. they must be right
tongue.gif

I don´t think they were really using the wrist strap.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Either way its a harsh way to take your tv out!

Advised all ppl who are gna get Nintendo Wii, dont use the straps, instead use rope or attach it to hand cuffs!!! you will be thankfull in the long run!!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the IGN reviewers video is real because the place the wriststrap broke on their video looks plausible. (poor connection between the thin loop and the plastic attaching the wider strap section)

But the TV one, not so much. Look where it broke, halfway along the string? With a clean cut? My first thought was the strap had worn through from the hole in the Wiimote but there'd be fraying along the string, not just concentrated on one point. Sorry not buying it. So while I believe there may be an issue with the straps, I think the TV guy is just hopping on the bandwagon attempting to get Ninty to compensate him for his TV that he broke by being a dumbass.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Sc4rFac3d just make sure your not faceing your friends when you play it otherwise its gna be the first Wii Fatality!!!!

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guh? You people actually use the strap? And furthermore what kinda asinine movements are you performing that would make the wiimote fly out of your hand in the first place?
tongue.gif

My sister and I were swinging it around all retarded-like while playing Wii sports, but it only took one time where we hit each others wiimote while swinging.. then we settled down and stopped needlessly flailing it about.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Add me to the ranks of the skeptics on this one. Either the TV was already cracked and they are going to try and stick Nintendo with a repair bill -OR- his friend was doing some jackass manuever like whipping the remote around in a circle really fast. Unless that controller strap was already partially cut it wouldn't just snap clean doing a "reasonable" motion.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But the TV one, not so much. Look where it broke, halfway along the string? With a clean cut? My first thought was the strap had worn through from the hole in the Wiimote but there'd be fraying along the string, not just concentrated on one point. Sorry not buying it. So while I believe there may be an issue with the straps, I think the TV guy is just hopping on the bandwagon attempting to get Ninty to compensate him for his TV that he broke by being a dumbass.

At least read the source, the guy isn't even considering claiming compensation, he's just crying about the fact that his friend broke his TV with a Wii remote.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
At least read the source, the guy isn't even considering claiming compensation, he's just crying about the fact that his friend broke his TV with a Wii remote.
Hm, you've got to admit that "broken remote busted my TV" has gotta be a bash at getting Nintendo some bad publicity though. Maybe he's not claiming cash compensation, but dragging a company's name through the dirt with a made up story is a kind of compensation in a way.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I took the freaking wrist strap off on Day 1, it got in the way. Now apparently I'm glad I did, however...

This isn't Nintendo's fault, though. I just looked through the Twilight Princess manual and it clearly said "swing the remote GENTLY." If they truly did what it said, that strap wouldn't of snapped.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm, you've got to admit that "broken remote busted my TV" has gotta be a bash at getting Nintendo some bad publicity though. Maybe he's not claiming cash compensation, but dragging a company's name through the dirt with a made up story is a kind of compensation in a way.

It's hardly as if he intended to tell the world, he just posted it on a forum he frequents, it would be like if it happened to me, I'd probably tell people on here and on GBATMW. He just made a conversation, everyone else made it into 'news'.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*