Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I know, I just consider this thread an unnecessary dicktease so I decided to marginalize the spirit of the hypetrain with a deadpan simpleton question.
Oh, I see.

Time to piss Fatal then.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and.........nothing happened....... just like every time fatalerror makes one of these threads.
Lol, it was never really about that at all. I speak and things happen. Freak attack...hmm what happened right after this was posted? Oh yeah I know 5.4
The webkit the devs were stuck on really sucked for exploitation. There are later versions with much better documentation. Don't worry I have something to get us out of 5.4 as well. Just gotta hope they update to the version we think they will afterwards.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, it was never really about that at all. I speak and things happen. Freak attack...hmm what happened right after this was posted? Oh yeah I know 5.4
The webkit the devs were stuck on really sucked for exploitation. There are later versions with much better documentation. Don't worry I have something to get us out of 5.4 as well. Just gotta hope they update to the version we think they will afterwards.

I asked you to show evidence that FREAK led to code execution. You linked me to a page with several vulnerabilities posted on it, including FREAK, which had nothing about code execution in relation to FREAK. Then you tried claiming that the whole page was about FREAK, which is obviously false. Afterwards, you gave up trying to convince me and started talking about other bugs. It's pretty clear that your claim about FREAK leading to code execution has not been supported by any evidence.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked you to show evidence that FREAK led to code execution. You linked me to a page with several vulnerabilities posted on it, including FREAK, which had nothing about code execution in relation to FREAK. Then you tried claiming that the whole page was about FREAK, which is obviously false. Afterwards, you gave up trying to convince me and started talking about other bugs. It's pretty clear that your claim about FREAK leading to code execution has not been supported by any evidence.
The claim was merely to gain attention. And if I were you I wouldn't mess with 5.4 as it will be updated as well real soon. (I will post about it's major security issue and it will be patched as well)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The claim was merely to gain attention. And if I were you I wouldn't mess with 5.4 as it will be updated as well real soon. (I will post about it's major security issue and it will be patched as well)

It's target 5.4.0 or do nothing, and we're always trying to get the most recent bugs we can, as long as they work. If you want to post publicly about WebKit bugs and risk them getting patched, go ahead; I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. Not that I believe Nintendo is monitoring your posts that closely anyway.

djisgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We have seen you post like this time and again for the the past year. every time with fantastical new claims. never a single shred of evidence to back up any of them.
then when nothing comes of it you have some mysterious excuse as per usual. i guess some people just like the attention.

Reactions: VinsCool

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading up about the bug, it seems that all it lets you do is potentially perform a MITM on a Wii U app. I'd be very surprised if that would lead to code execution (but hey, prove me wrong).

Freak works very similar to heartbleed. Hell if you are vulnerable to freak chances are you are vulnerable to heartbleed as well.
https://cve.mitre.org/news/
And both of which can gain access to corrupt memory. So both in can be very good for exploitation.

And Marionumber1: Challenge accepted.

This sure sounds like you are accepting a challenge to prove mn1 wrong and show that this can lead to code execution.

The claim was merely to gain attention...

Are you admitting that you failed at this challenge?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This sure sounds like you are accepting a challenge to prove mn1 wrong and show that this can lead to code execution.

Are you admitting that you failed at this challenge?
sounds like it to me.

Reactions: yahoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER