Gaming Yoshi's Wolly World is 7.2GB large

D

Deleted User

I have a question for you all: what difference would it make if Nintendo released a version of the Wii U with storage that actually was equal to the price being charged rather than this super cheap, yet ridiculously overpriced for the consumer method they're using for memory now? Would you really go and buy a whole new system rather than just buying a 128GB USB stick or something?

If I had a Wii U, I'd probably buy that one and sell off my old one, but that depends on which Wii U I had and whether I used more physical copies or more digital downloads.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have a question for you all: what difference would it make if Nintendo released a version of the Wii U with storage that actually was equal to the price being charged rather than this super cheap, yet ridiculously overpriced for the consumer method they're using for memory now? Would you really go and buy a whole new system rather than just buying a 128GB USB stick or something?

A Wii U with a bigger storage space? Cool but no, I'd stick to my 32GB plus I already bought stuff that's on it and still have 14GBs free to use. eShop doesn't have a whole lot of good deals like 360, PS3 or Steam have.

However, if it were a really good improvement like a new GamePad slightly smaller, light-weight, with a bigger battery life and so on then yeah, I'd might give it a chance.

That is what I actually use (only it is 32GB and should be upgraded soon). I find that big USB sticks are expensive as hell, and the beautiful Wii U not letting you plug two smaller ones simultaneously doesn't help.

I saw this pic of a Wii U with a tiny 64GB USB stick so it's not noticeable at all. Pretty cool.

kUuMgj7l.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The better question here is:

Where are my yarn Yoshis!? Sold out! :(

They're certainly out there but the retailers whom still have them up for pre-order have decided to up the price to almost the same as Splatoon costs in UK (Yarn Yoshi - £20 / Splatoon - £24 ~ so only a difference of £4).

GameStop UK had the yarn Yoshi amiibos for £14.97 but they're gone now.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact people don't just get a cheap external drive, or a USB stick just amazes.

Agreed! I have 150GB IDE drive connected to my Wii U but I plan to upgrade to 1TB before year's end. I just wish Nintendo would allow disc ripping to a console provided that you had a disc for a minimum of 3 months. They could also allow eShop downloads of disc games you own.

Reactions: thorasgar

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are y'all worrying about space? the disc version does not take 7 gbs.....
I have a 128 gb Flash drive on my wii u. 96 GBs are free. (Its not a fake chinese drive either as i verified it is
really 128). i only buy disc versions of games unless
there is only an e-shop release. I have alteast 30 pc hard drives stacked up of various sizes and i
decided that a flash drive is easier since the wii u powers them with no problem. NAND Flash only wears
out when is being written to. Reading causes no wear. Besides i backup the drive anyways.

I even got a USB ZIP 250 Disk Drive to work on the Wii U. A 100 MB disk only holds 80mb when wii u formated.
I was playing NANO Assault off the disk. It loaded slow but its worked great.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I even got a USB ZIP 250 Disk Drive to work on the Wii U. A 100 MB disk only holds 80mb when wii u formated.
I was playing NANO Assault off the disk. It loaded slow but its worked great.

What? Seriously? :blink: You mean those old Iomega zip drive thingies?

Man...I think I've thrown mine away at some point (if a 5 dollar USB drive holds as much as your entire disk collection, you know it's not having any future). But damnit...I sure regret that now.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Seriously? :blink: You mean those old Iomega zip drive thingies?

Man...I think I've thrown mine away at some point (if a 5 dollar USB drive holds as much as your entire disk collection, you know it's not having any future). But damnit...I sure regret that now.

Yeah it worked. its the with the later usb zip 250 version thats usb powered. I noticed that it shows up as a usb mas storage device in windows so i was like lets see if the wii u will use it and it does. its only usb 1.1 lol

as long as a usb storage uses the general "usb mass storage device" then it probably works. I have a 1 gb jazz drive that i can try but i have to get a power supply for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.