Hacking Yet another MH3 question.

Diaburo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I found the solution to this, I wouldn't have posted it but please bear with me.

I'm running firmware 4.2 and is using CIOS 249 Rev19.

I'm trying to load the game using USB Loader GX using IOS 249 but it is not working.

The odd thing is I can run the disc perfectly using Softchip Backup Loader r101IOS 249 so this problem is annoying me to no end.

Is there any fix for this?

Note: I do not want to install Hermes' CIOS

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diaburo said:
If I found the solution to this, I wouldn't have posted it but please bear with me.

I'm trying to load the game using USB Loader GX using IOS 249 but it is not working.

The odd thing is I can run the disc perfectly using Softchip Backup Loader r101IOS 249 so this problem is annoying me to no end.

From what I've read, this is only known to work 100% with Herme's v4 as IOS223 (base 38 merged 37). USB Loader GX works 100% with cIOSX rev19 now?

Edit: If you really want to try cIOSX 249 rev19, use base 38. Base 38 is always the most compatible base there is. You actually need 249 or 250 installed with base 38 to use his WAD Manager.

Diaburo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
Diaburo said:

From what I've read, this is only known to work 100% with Herme's v4 as IOS223 (base 38 merged 37). USB Loader GX works 100% with cIOSX rev19 now?

Edit: If you really want to try cIOSX 249 rev19, use base 38. Base 38 is always the most compatible base there is. You actually need 249 or 250 installed with base 38 to use his WAD Manager.

Well I tried base 38 also but it gives the same result.

The USB Loader GX version I'm using is r929, they had compatibility with cIOS 249 since r922, but I'm not sure how compatible it is (judging from the freezes I'm getting)

I'm able to play my other games using USB Loader GX fine, it's just MH3 that give me problems.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diaburo said:

The USB Loader GX version I'm using is r929, they had compatibility with cIOS 249 since r922, but I'm not sure how compatible it is (judging from the freezes I'm getting)

I'm able to play my other games using USB Loader GX fine, it's just MH3 that give me problems.

Yeah, it's not going to work fully with cIOS 249. Also, r929 does have some bugs as well. All I can say is I know it works perfectly with Hermes v4 ios223 (base 38 merged 37).

When I started using my HDD for Wii games, I wanted to use USB Loader GX. Unfortunately, the compatibility was hugely lacking for the newer games, and my setup. Checked out Configurable USB Loader: haven't had a single problem. I'm waiting for USB Loader GX to get the kinks out of r929 and release a nice, fully working version that is compatible with cIOSX rev19 and Hermes v5.

Diaburo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
Diaburo said:

Yeah, it's not going to work fully with cIOS 249. Also, r929 does have some bugs as well. All I can say is I know it works perfectly with Hermes v4 ios223 (base 38 merged 37).

When I started using my HDD for Wii games, I wanted to use USB Loader GX. Unfortunately, the compatibility was hugely lacking for the newer games, and my setup. Checked out Configurable USB Loader: haven't had a single problem. I'm waiting for USB Loader GX to get the kinks out of r929 and release a nice, fully working version that is compatible with cIOSX rev19 and Hermes v5.

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks.

Edit: actually even Configurable USB Loader doesn't work either. Now this is a mystery.

Diaburo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post but it seems I royally f'd up.

I deleted USB Loader GX from my SD card and tried out using other USB loaders instead but it seems that none of them worked with my MH3. Because of that, I deleted them off of my SD card too and reinstalled USB Loader GX. But now, USB Loader GX refuses to read ANY of my games and now I'm here going "WTF!?".

Uh so, what should I do now?

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for the first question, i have had 100% success with both usb loader gx, and wiiflow , with these settings for mh3 ........vidtv patch = ON .........video mode=force ntsc (if your wii is ntsc)........ios=223............error 002 fix=ON (not anti).....also i have 4.2u......cIOS 249 rev 17.......ios222/223 v4, installed......every thing works great, online and all...., as for the second question....i like wiiflow alot better than gx, reason being , way more "user friendly" , my kids and wife arent exactly wii savvy , but remember usb gx and wiiflow both have to use the right usb port (if the back is facing you upright), any way i hope this helps you out in your quest to play one of the best games on the wii.

Diaburo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally got MH3 to work with Configurable USB Loader and cIOS 249 by reinstalling the ISO from the DVD.

But now Sakura Wars gives me the "Press the eject button, remove the Game Disc, etc., etc." error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol