• Start date
  • Views 10,758
  • Replies 55
  • Likes 7

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't even "hexedit". Open the payload with a text editor like Notepad++ then look for "boot.3dsx" (not yourself, you'll get lost in the garbage you'll see, use the search function) and replace it with any name the same length.
I recommend editing menuhax's payload and not this cia's payload, because this cia's payload will have to be updated everytime you update your emuNAND, while your menuhax payload is more likely to never change.

Alternatively, you can just download lesshax's payload and replace your menuhax payload with that. It boots to "less.3dsx", so just have ctrbootmanager as less.3dsx and the HBL as boot.3dsx and you're set.

I edited menuhax payload with Wordpad and found 2x boot.3dsx, changed those to boot_ctr.3dsx now menuhax freezes at the start. I tried to rename those entries to boot.3dsx back but it freezes again <.<

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I edited menuhax payload with Wordpad and found 2x boot.3dsx, changed those to boot_ctr.3dsx now menuhax freezes at the start. I tried to rename those entries to boot.3dsx back but it freezes again <.<

edit your payload and rename it to xbox.3dsx and and rename your boot.3dsx to xbox.3dsx
it will work :ha:

It worked , thank you! Do you mind explaining why it didnt work before? (You dont have to. Im just wondering)
I only knew :unsure:

Reactions: hudhair

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

You broke the payload, then. It has to be 4 characters (abcd.3dsx for example). If you need it to be longer, you can probably overwrite the .3dsx bit and have a 3dsx file that's 9 characters long with no file extension (like "emunandLD" without quotes), but I've not tried that myself. You basically can't go any longer than the string of "boot.3dsx", which is 9 characters long.

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
You broke the payload, then. It has to be 4 characters (abcd.3dsx for example). If you need it to be longer, you can probably overwrite the .3dsx bit and have a 3dsx file that's 9 characters long with no file extension (like "emunandLD" without quotes), but I've not tried that myself. You basically can't go any longer than the string of "boot.3dsx", which is 9 characters long.
this :ha:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also, to clarify what I mean by broken, you'll need to get a fresh copy of the file (you did make a backup of it, right?).

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, to clarify what I mean by broken, you'll need to get a fresh copy of the file (you did make a backup of it, right?).

No i didn't.. Now I need to re-install menuhax don't i? The problem is how can i uninstall it now so I can make a fresh install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?