Maid-chan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is it normal if my xperia arc got temperature 40 C while I'm playing Angry Birds and downloading file?

and also after I update to 2.3.3, my phone got randomly reboot (It doesn't always reboot, but it got reboot while I'm quit from app)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloading is enough to heat to such temperatures

Then again considering what your doing 40 C should be normal

Not sure about the 2.3.3 update.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Random reboots always happens on my old SE phones. (not sure about new ones)

I went to Sony for repairs. Quite okay after that... But after a few months it starts happening again
frown.gif

Hopefully that's not your case, but you might consider letting Sony see and what they can do
tongue.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Some Arc users have been reporting random reboots, so it's a known issue. It also seems to apply mostly to 2.3.2, but I guess 2.3.3 gets affected as well. I can only think of two reasons for a random reboot:

1) Hardware issue such as overheating.
2) Software bug that crashed Android, requiring a reboot of the OS.

There aren't any fixes for this either as far as I've seen. I only had my Arc reboot once on me though, so I can't really say anything from personal experience. Mine seemed rather random, because the phone was completely idle when it rebooted.

Foxstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My girlfriends arc use to reboot all the time when she would place it down on a hard surface. Even just placing it down from a few centimeters off the table would cause it to reboot from the sudden acc/deceleration. After the latest update though it hasn't done it since, not sure what update it was but probably 2.3.3. So if you got an arc definitely try and update it.

Maid-chan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Foxstar said:
My girlfriends arc use to reboot all the time when she would place it down on a hard surface. Even just placing it down from a few centimeters off the table would cause it to reboot from the sudden acc/deceleration. After the latest update though it hasn't done it since, not sure what update it was but probably 2.3.3. So if you got an arc definitely try and update it.
Well that auto reboot problem is solved, but the temperature is being crazy sometimes
sad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1