Hardware xmas gift for dad an auto mechanic

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys IK this isn't game related but as you know in a month Christmas will be around the corner, my father is an auto mechanic he has a ver old toughbook cf29 (40gb SSD windows XP and 512MB you get the picture) I've been thinking of getting him a new one but new ones cost 3k to 5k so I'm wondering if any of you have one looking at ebay as well for used AND i may talk to his boss see if he can help in purchasing it I feel my dad deserves a new one EVEN if i must get it myself somehow

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a laptop for mechanic type duties? If so that can get fun if you are going to stick all the nice car manufacturer diagnostics and repair tools on there.

I like the toughbook/rugged laptop concept, however unless you truly need it then I typically furnish mechanics with business class laptops (toughbooks are designed to take a drop, business ones will do it too but they won't warranty a breaking) and maybe a nice case.

Alternatively there are some pretty nice full fat windows tablets out there which are ruggedised and don't cost an awful lot. Don't know the US vendors for such things though, a quick search on amazon gives a bunch of nice things that don't cost the earth https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-2-Tab...&qid=1511210371&sr=8-9&keywords=rugged+tablet .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c