Hacking Xkeyboard dead on my 360?

Rikoos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

My very first posting here in this community so be gentle to me hahaha, already some time a reader but now a registered user since today and I’m in need of a "little" assistance here. Hope somebody can advise or help me with my problem.

After years back in the Jtag/hacking Xbox360 universe, I used to have a Jtagged Old 360 white fat model (bought it the day after the release) but this little gem died with the infamous Ring of death a few years back :-( Nothing was possible to save it as the mobo was causing this so I started gaming using a modded Playstation 3 Fat model and retrogaming thru emulators.
BUT ……

2 weeks ago i received a (free) Xbox 360 S 250 GB model with XK3y installed from a friend. For sure this XBOX worked till 6 months back when my friend bought a Xbox One and this 360 went on the shelf. So I asked if I can use it/buy it and he gave it for free :wink: Tested it by starting the Xbox with the eject button and a org disc and it worked but emulation mode is not working :-( His previous used HDD on this Xbox full with ISO files was gone so i took a 320GB USB 3.0 HDD, formatted it to NTFS, created a games directory and copied some game ISO to it.

I hook up the this new HDD to the Xkey dongle. Booted the xbox thru the power button and waited till the dash started. Waited a few min and pressed open tray, then close tray, for a brief second it says reading and then it says open tray again and nothing has worked, even after leaving for over ten minutes as suggested. Nothing happened and NO Mixed Media shown, just open tray again. (BTW last dashboard is installed)

Into debug mode mind set now and thinking what could be wrong. Maybe a not good supported HHD? So I switched to a powered 5.25 USB3.0 3TB HDD, prepped this disk (other cables) and connected this disk and again no result. Huh? Red status light on the case so not recognized.

Next try a 16GB USB Kingston Flash stick but again no result.

Last try, a brand new 5TB USB 3.0 HDD (powered thru USB) but again nothing …… The Xbox wont read or find/mount ANY type of HDD/Flash when hooked thru the Xkey dongle. The status lights on the HDD cases kept red instead of green without doing anything so no connection is made.

I checked all used cables and they work when I connect the HHDs into a “normal” USB port on the XBOX and the HDD is shown (not formatted as it was a NTFS HDD). I also tested the 320GB disk by formatting it again in the XBOX to fat32 without problems.

Conclusion for now:
All disks and flashdrive are 100% working but none is recognized when connected thru the XK3y usb dongle.

Questions for now:
1. I get no error msg or E msg from the xkey when booting so I assume that the XK3y is working right? No red or flashing blue light on the Xkeyboard.
2. Anybody a suggestion what to test/do next?
3. Didnt there supposed to burn a led light on the Xkey? I opened the xbox but nothing is burning.
4. Is it possible that the flatcable is broken? How to test this?
5. Is the Xkey Dongle broken? How to test this?

Any - and I mean ANY - help which can help me to resolving this problem is appreciated !

THNX :-)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hm, double check the FCC cable in the Xkey dongle.
The blue tab should face outward of the console.

Idk if you're using a remote but it's not needed, as long as you got MenuISO configured as "Y" in the config file.

Aside from taking out the microSD and manually reinstalling the firmware to it.. those are the only solutions I can quickly think off.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No prob, good luck with it!

I highly doubt it's a hardware problem.
Reinstalling the FW manually and double checking the FCC cable and internal connections should work.
If you do have the Xkey remote, I'd say leave it off, just to rule out that thing being defective.

Reactions: Rikoos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it