p1ng.gif

I hope this disc will keep working even after the beta period

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the warnings mean "Warning: Do not insert this disc into a non-Preview console. Doing so will disable access to XBOX Live." means that the non-preview console will never be able to connect to live, or that they won't be able to connect till the update is release?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
Anyone know if the warnings mean "Warning: Do not insert this disc into a non-Preview console. Doing so will disable access to XBOX Live." means that the non-preview console will never be able to connect to live, or that they won't be able to connect till the update is release?
I'd assume they won't be able to connect until the official update is released. I wouldn't attempt it either way though
happy.gif

You might be able to catch some info in the private forums or feedback section of connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I also heard that if you use the Update disc, or update via XBL while your Disc Drive is flashed it'll flash it back to stock. I've also heard that if anyone is using some Non-JTAG GOD's, XBLA games, or DLC they patched it. Can anyone confirm this? :3

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
So I also heard that if you use the Update disc, or update via XBL while your Disc Drive is flashed it'll flash it back to stock. I've also heard that if anyone is using some Non-JTAG GOD's, XBLA games, or DLC they patched it. Can anyone confirm this? :3
Its been confirmed. Modded profiles are corrupted when found, and the drive is reflashed. You can reflash your drive afterwards though, or disconnect your drive before you update.
EDIT: A little off topic, but you can use custom Rock Band DLC on an unmodded Xbox now
smile.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
Devin said:
Its been confirmed. Modded profiles are corrupted when found, and the drive is reflashed. You can reflash your drive afterwards though, or disconnect your drive before you update.

Just making sure. I deleted all my non-jtag downloaded items before installing the update. I thought Machoke A Woman said that they reflashed it so that you couldn't retrieve the keys. Well, I guess if you had the keys prior to updating it wouldn't be a issue.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:

Yeah non-JTAG god's and xbla games won't work anymore i had several profiles on my console and none of them show up when trying to load. they show up as corrupted in the system memory. Certain games seem to load faster. I tried Super Street Fighter 4 and it loads the dlc I purchased a little faster than normal (about 5 secs faster).

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol so apparently all of us who have posted pics have broken the nondisclosure agreement. XD Didn't realize they'd care about the looks of the disc itself.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting- we had always been told there was not much MS could do on the 360 side, if it has been confirmed that is very interesting- I would have thought it was just a misdiagnosis of AP2.5 now being universal otherwise. Although I probably should have seen that coming with some of the stuff JTAG machines can do. What might be interesting is if there is a nice timing attack type thing you can do on the 360 playing with keys and the like- I know everything is dumped and fairly easy these days but still.

Re on a console that has not been accepted into the beta. I assume it is like the kinect beta that got leaked- MS checks your versions and a whole bunch of other stuff when you sign in to live and during that time (it is why JTAG machines are not on live all that often/for long) and if you are not in the list of beta recipients then it will block live until everybody has access to it.

As for profiles are we talking blacklist/increased heuristics or plugging the whole bug/problem- I fully expect them to block the (semi)public stuff but some of the stuff people hang back on is another matter. Anybody with two consoles tried making their own clone profile (granted you probably need an unbanned keyvault or your own)?

Thanks everybody for keeping us up to date as well.

lonley22

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Brian117 said:
Here is a picture of the green disc that I received. WARNING HI-RES (Camera actually made it look fake but it isn't, haha.)

ejcxzl.jpg

People who were in the LIVE Audience got the silver colored discs, and the people in the DISC Audience got the green colored shown above.

EDIT: Just noticed somebody posted a picture of the green one. Ah well, mine is more hi-res
wink2.gif

EDIT2: Devin, really, how did you get 2 discs if you only registered 1 console?
blink.gif

please post a picture with the back side of the disc..
thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up