Gaming XGD3 Beta contents

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
I was hoping for a more exclusive item, but I already got reach also so I will take it
as long as people dont try to sell them here or start asking to trade should be no problem

has anyone got the update who was in beta?
says it was released to everybody but it still says beta on my dash

Sadly I've still yet to receive it as well. The update (iirc) was through the 19th till the 29th. And today is already the 29th with no signs of an update prompt. And I highly doubt us beta testers have the full update because there isn't an option to pay with Paypal anywhere. I remember back when I tested the new and improved Kinect Dashboard update, they released an update to us testers like a few days (or weeks, cant remember) before they officially released it to the public, and that update was the full one. So we got it early. But right now that doesn't seem to be the case.

Has anybody emailed Microsoft asking about not receiving the update?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done anything about it yet. I've recently tried testing my connection to see if I'm prompted to update but I had no luck....

The new update is available on their main site at:
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-3...em-updates.aspx

So if folks want to update on their own with a USB there it is. I'm just going to wait until I'm officially disconnected from LIVE and prompted to update since I'm a bit nervous trying to update myself anyway.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
I haven't done anything about it yet. I've recently tried testing my connection to see if I'm prompted to update but I had no luck....

The new update is available on their main site at:
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-3...em-updates.aspx

So if folks want to update on their own with a USB there it is. I'm just going to wait until I'm officially disconnected from LIVE and prompted to update since I'm a bit nervous trying to update myself anyway.

Oh nice. Totally forgot about the USB update method. I will try that right now and report if anything happens! Brb.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay well it doesn't seem to be prompting me to update using the USB method. I copied the folder in the .zip to the root of the USB and plugged it and and restarted the Xbox, I even tried putting the whole .zip folder on the root and still no prompt to update. Maybe us beta testers DO have it already installed?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I checked my system's version and it seems we already have the update (2.0.13146).

I'm assuming they'll remove the beta channel sooner or later but other than that there should be no worries.

I'm also assuming under the Manage Payment Options you can find PayPal:
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/account
or maybe the payment options on the Xbox...
The idle 1 hour option is there and I'm not sure if much else was added besides that.

I can't check myself on the PayPal stuff because apparently since I'm under this Gold Family Pack with my mother, she somehow has control over my payments now.
angry.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I can confirm now that I see the option to pay with Paypal. It is only for Games on Demand though. I thought they would expand the options and you were able to buy things that usually cost microsoft points with your Paypal. But I guess it's no big deal because you can just buy microsoft points using a credit card and Paypal.

Has anybody seen anything about Hulu Plus on their dashboard? That was another addition they gave us. If you have it on the dashboard, then I guess we've had the official update for a while now. Forgot to check it when looking around for the Paypal option, so yeah.

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Actually, I can confirm now that I see the option to pay with Paypal. It is only for Games on Demand though. I thought they would expand the options and you were able to buy things that usually cost microsoft points with your Paypal. But I guess it's no big deal because you can just buy microsoft points using a credit card and Paypal.

Has anybody seen anything about Hulu Plus on their dashboard? That was another addition they gave us. If you have it on the dashboard, then I guess we've had the official update for a while now. Forgot to check it when looking around for the Paypal option, so yeah.
We've been having Hulu Plus for weeks.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Brian117 said:

We've been having Hulu Plus for weeks.

Then I'm guessing we've had the official update for those few weeks and we haven't noticed? Sounds like the Kinect dashboard update then. We've had the full official update earlier than the public.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm getting a laptop for college, I'll be taking advantage of the free 360 slim offer. Anyone know if these disks will now work with other consoles because the update is now out?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Since I'm getting a laptop for college, I'll be taking advantage of the free 360 slim offer. Anyone know if these disks will now work with other consoles because the update is now out?
Don't worry about. XGD3 games will work fine.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
Linkiboy said:
Don't worry about. XGD3 games will work fine.
he is talking about the halo reach disc

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the beta channel has disappeared from my dash, no prompt to update
I guess this is the regular firmware

Joe88

[λ]