ROM Hack Xenoblade 2 Clean HUD mod?!

Nintendoswitchmodfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, for a month and some day I have had a hacked Switch and the modding world has blown me away. I have been playing Zelda breath of the Wild with a clean HUD, a dream come true. I wanted to do the same to my other games, but after so much time trying to figure it out...I have failed. I want to mod Xenoblade 2 To remove all the HUD when exploring, maybe even the line that links characters with there blade. I dumped my own copy of Xenoblade 2 XCI, used hactool, copied my title.keys.....but every time it I get the RomFs I get videos of the game and crap load of .nop files. I must be doing something wrong ToT if some kind soul here could maybe throw me a guide on how to get the files out of my game, or maybe some place online I could maybe find the files and mod them?...If I could learn to do this, I could mod so many games and go on a clean HUD rampage!!

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone, for a month and some day I have had a hacked Switch and the modding world has blown me away. I have been playing Zelda breath of the Wild with a clean HUD, a dream come true. I wanted to do the same to my other games, but after so much time trying to figure it out...I have failed. I want to mod Xenoblade 2 To remove all the HUD when exploring, maybe even the line that links characters with there blade. I dumped my own copy of Xenoblade 2 XCI, used hactool, copied my title.keys.....but every time it I get the RomFs I get videos of the game and crap load of .nop files. I must be doing something wrong ToT if some kind soul here could maybe throw me a guide on how to get the files out of my game, or maybe some place online I could maybe find the files and mod them?...If I could learn to do this, I could mod so many games and go on a clean HUD rampage!!
You are not doing anything wrong. You are wrongly assuming every game has every file accessible in easy way. Most of the files are packed to this one 10 GB archive called bf2.ard (bf2.arh is header file). Everything needed to unpack and how to apply modified files you have here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-graphics-settings.529436/
It's not a tutorial, but you can learn from it how to do it (Old Method for unpacking (just Click on quickbms.exe instead of 1.reimport.bat to unpack); New Method for pasting modded files)

Last edited by masagrator,

Nintendoswitchmodfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not doing anything wrong. You are wrongly assuming every game has every file accessible in easy way. Most of the files are packed to this one 13 GB archive called bf2.ard (bf2.arh is header file). Everything needed to unpack and how to apply modified files you have here:

It's not a tutorial, but you can learn from it how to do it (Old Method for unpacking (just Click on quickbms.exe instead of 1.reimport.bat to unpack); New Method for pasting modded files)
The master has spoken, I have seen your work on here, its amazing!!! Thank you for all this info, I won't give up!! I just got me 2nd wind, and you gave it to me..... Thank you!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)