Hardware GCN Xeno GC Modchip Blinking Red

Gallaer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the Xeno Modchip into my system and for some reason it's blinking red and I don't know why. If someone could tell me what happened, It'd be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220711_125945.jpg
    20220711_125945.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would guess the soldering is the problem, I somewhere read that a wired install would be better since the clones not always align nicely ( that is also how I have done it).

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't see much since it is quite blurry, but you can see where the traces lead, so just get some wire and it should be an easy install, there is no way you messed up the whole thing.

Gallaer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't see much since it is quite blurry, but you can see where the traces lead, so just get some wire and it should be an easy install, there is no way you messed up the whole thing.
I don't have the skill or am comfortable enough to do that. Is there anyone who could do it for me?

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you know someone who has decent soldering skills this should be easily doable in 10min. Maybe you could check out some repair shops or something in your area?

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You ripped some pads during the removing process. you can still fix it but it's not going to look nice again. Make sure there are no shorts before proceeding.

use a picture of another Gamecube Mainbaord (google it) as a refence where the pads go to and solder the chip on those alternative points. If it's to small for you then you should leave it and let someone else do it for you.

For the Future: Never use force to remove components. Either carefully touch one corner to make sure the chip is not soldered anymore or use a Hot Air Station to melt all Solder joints simultaneously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok