Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, will there be any issue using my MAGIC-NS with a PS4 controller? It works amazingly with OFW and it would be a shame to lose that capability.

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, will there be any issue using my MAGIC-NS with a PS4 controller? It works amazingly with OFW and it would be a shame to lose that capability.

Wouldn't have thought so. The switch reads them both as a Pro Controller, and I imagine Team Xecuter have tested the usual peripherals.

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because eShop games have to be installed to nand and no one figured out (yet) how to do it.

I don't think that's the problem. Got 4 eShop games on my switch and they're all on the SD card, in fact if you put an SD card in the switch it automatically starts installing all eShop downloads to it, rather than internal storage. I think the problem with running backup versions is to do with how eShop games are signed.

Ikr?! I'm just worried that the charging port on my switch will wear down after a while, being that you have to put the dongle in every time you want CFW and also every time you take out your micro SD card your switch reboots, TEAM EXECUTER Please work on a coldboot as fast as possible.

Your plugging into the USB-C (charging) port on the switch every time you insert it into the dock, so I guess Nintendo will have made it reliable enough to handle a cable/dongle being plugged in every once in a while.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your plugging into the USB-C (charging) port on the switch every time you insert it into the dock, so I guess Nintendo will have made it reliable enough to handle a cable/dongle being plugged in every once in a while.
Its posts like these that make me wish GBATemp allowed us to like posts more than once.

Reactions: Squirelly

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think that's the problem. Got 4 eShop games on my switch and they're all on the SD card, in fact if you put an SD card in the switch it automatically starts installing all eShop downloads to it, rather than internal storage. I think the problem with running backup versions is to do with how eShop games are signed.

Sorry, but you're wrong. It doesn't matter where the switch puts the content archives for the eShop games (wether if nand or sdcard).
The games have to be intalled beforehand.

Signatures are no problem, since they can be easily patched. TX would have already done it.

That means atleast their tickets have to be installed/registered in the corresponding database in nand.
Putting just the files to the correct folders on the sdcard won't make the switch notice the games.

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, but you're wrong. It doesn't matter where the switch puts the content archives for the eShop games (wether if nand or sdcard).
The games have to be intalled beforehand.

Signatures are no problem, since they can be easily patched. TX would have already done it.

That means atleast their tickets have to be installed/registered in the corresponding database in nand.
Putting just the files to the correct folders on the sdcard won't make the switch notice the games.

Maybe, but I'm exactly the same amount of wrong as your original post. I said I "think" it's something to do with signatures, but you stated that eShop games must be installed in nand, which is patently not right. Of course some sort of ticket/license has to be installed in the nand, but that's not the same as a game having to be "installed" on the nand. That's the same as saying that if I install a windows app/game on my PC, on to a second hard drive, but it puts some entries in the registry to work then it's installed to my windows drive.

The only thing for sure is that both of us don't know why eShop backups don't/won't work with SX-OS on release, because if it was public knowledge then TX would have circumvented it by now. Or if either of us figured it out, TX would be offering us a job.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe, but I'm exactly the same amount of wrong as your original post. I said I "think" it's something to do with signatures, but you stated that eShop games must be installed in nand, which is patently not right. Of course some sort of ticket/license has to be installed in the nand, but that's not the same as a game having to be "installed" on the nand. That's the same as saying that if I install a windows app/game on my PC, on to a second hard drive, but it puts some entries in the registry to work then it's installed to my windows drive.

The only thing for sure is that both of us don't know why eShop backups don't/won't work with SX-OS on release, because if it was public knowledge then TX would have circumvented it by now. Or if either of us figured it out, TX would be offering us a job.

Sorry, but i'm not speculating here.
It is a fact that eShop titles and DLC have to be installed (by registering atleast the ticket in the database of Horizon OS).
TX knows that. But knowing alone will not magically lead to a solution.

And when i say install in nand i meant exactly that. The (ticket-)installation occurs in nand.
It doesn't matter where you actually store the content (romfs, exefs).
The nand has to be modified to make it notice the games.

What i don't know (here comes the actual speculation):
The installation-routine of horizon os might reencrypt the contents using device's
unique keys. Therefore sharing dlc and eShop titles between different consoles
might be a problem.

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think we're arguing semantics here.

As a software engineer, by trade, I wouldn't call putting a ticket in the nand database "installing to nand", an installation is where the content for the game/app goes, not it's settings/permissions. In the same way that just because a cartridge game puts it's settings in nand (and most wouldn't even function without that nand based data) you wouldn't say it was "installed" to nand.

As you say the problem is probably something to do with how horizon encrypt's it's licensing/ticket information, and maybe even the game data itself. It's probably a combination of keys from your nintendo account, and the switch it's installed on, that would be fairly difficult to replicate in a backup. Someone will probably need to develop a tool that extracts whatever these keys are, and then you could use them to sign/encrypt a eShop copy for your account/switch.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a software engineer, by trade...

Yes, different semantiks.

I am actually working as softwaredeveloper (for an insurance company).
And i have always used the term "installation" that way.
For me the term "installation" doesn't mean copying all contents to the destination,
but registering in the OS, storing configuration files ...

Reminds me of the good old days where games had to be played from CD/DVD.
They used to perforn an "installation", but the gamedata was actually read off CD/DVD.

Last edited by MHDestination,

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of the good old days where games had to be played from CD/DVD.
They used to perforn an "installation", but the gamedata was actually read off CD/DVD.

Tell me about it. I'm old enough to remember when installing something wasn't even invented. We used to just run all our stuff straight of floppy disk or, god forbid, tape!

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tell me about it. I'm old enough to remember when installing something wasn't even invented. We used to just run all our stuff straight of floppy disk or, god forbid, tape!

Oh god, tape ... I started with c64 and datasette back then.

I must admit that i failed most of the time.
Read/write errors, the drive eating the tapes...

thequickbrownfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Backup is seen by Horizon as normal game cartridge. So it should recognise an existing savegame, but be prepared that game version should also match (so you may be forced to install an update).
I'm also not sure what about regions. Will EU game recognize US save? That is something we'll have to check.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to download and purchase DLC and updates for dumped games on SX Pro?
Requires to go online, which is do so at your own risk.

My concern is games with gamebreaking bugs need the update. South Park being one of them(I think Kirby had an important day 1 as well). Makes me a little nervous.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if it is answered already but I have one question

Is it possible to out the xci on the internal memory and if yes, can it be loaded from there ?

I am still on working holliday and if possible I would like not to buy a micro sd, especially as my internal storage is pretty much empty

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if it is answered already but I have one question

Is it possible to out the xci on the internal memory and if yes, can it be loaded from there ?

I am still on working holliday and if possible I would like not to buy a micro sd, especially as my internal storage is pretty much empty
I don't believe that's an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYoQPhGaW8 +2