Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you make no sense

Downloading games or dumps off the internet is ILLEGAL....even if you own the original game as stated on the official Nintendo website

"Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet."

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

ravensfan8448

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About DLCs / Updates etc.

Technically, we can just patch them into the XCI Files :)

I'm really curious about this, is this confirmed?

From what I understand, only physical cart games have been dumped in XCI format. And only one eshop game (yuka lay lee) has been dumped in a completely separate format. Based on the information in the FAQ, it sounds like only XCI files will be playable.

So say I want to play Zelda BOTW in master mode (requires first DLC). Is there anyway to do this exclusively with xecuter SX OS? I'm assuming you'll only be able to play the base version of the game as I am not aware of any physical cart version of the DLC for BOTW. So, if I'm right about not being able to play the DLC, I wonder if the xecuter SX OS will allow for the purchase of the zelda BOTW DLC legitimately and load this content to the backup (XCI file) version of the base game. If that is possible, that would mean updating any of the other backups online would be possible too.

I'm sure if this is possible, mixing the backup versions of these games with online updates/DLCs would be quite risky with regards to possible upcoming switch bans.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm really curious about this, is this confirmed?

From what I understand, only physical cart games have been dumped in XCI format. And only one eshop game (yuka lay lee) has been dumped in a completely separate format. Based on the information in the FAQ, it sounds like only XCI files will be playable.

So say I want to play Zelda BOTW in master mode (requires first DLC). Is there anyway to do this exclusively with xecuter SX OS? I'm assuming you'll only be able to play the base version of the game as I am not aware of any physical cart version of the DLC for BOTW. So, if I'm right about not being able to play the DLC, I wonder if the xecuter SX OS will allow for the purchase of the zelda BOTW DLC legitimately and load this content to the backup (XCI file) version of the base game. If that is possible, that would mean updating any of the other backups online would be possible too.

I'm sure if this is possible, mixing the backup versions of these games with online updates/DLCs would be quite risky with regards to possible upcoming switch bans.

Well I am sure we will able to edit XCI Files so^^ prob. just drag + drop as usual.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading games or dumps off the internet is ILLEGAL....even if you own the original game as stated on the official Nintendo website

"Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet."

oooooooooooooooh
so illegal

lmao

foh

ravensfan8448

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am sure we will able to edit XCI Files so^^ prob. just drag + drop as usual.
Hmmmmm, so I wonder if the BBB zelda BOTW dumps already have the DLC added? That'd be pretty cool. I don't see anything mentioned about the DLCs in the posts I've seen though.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmmmm, so I wonder if the BBB zelda BOTW dumps already have the DLC added? That'd be pretty cool. I don't see anything mentioned about the DLCs in the posts I've seen though.

Dont think so, but they has different dumps, some are patched already, from the NFO.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

so intense!!!!! you should be president!!

I wont care if its illegal or not, ill get my free gamez :P

Reactions: gabru

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so intense!!!!! you should be president!!

I wont care if its illegal or not, ill get my free gamez :P

Oh I don't care either, i'll pirate games too...but I only stated that because people are saying they want a way to back up their own games as a way to make it NOT sound like it's illegal...wether you back up your own games or you download them off the internet, it's still copyright infringement. You own a single license to a game you purchase...you don't own the GAME, you have the right to use that particular copy of the game and that's it...you don't have the right to copy it according to Nintendo's legal agreement....so if you or anyone else wants to pirate games, I say go for it.....

Reactions: thaikhoa

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone asume you won’t be able to run patches and DLC? Yhe .xci images are raw cart 1:1 dumps that are being mounted as cart as far as the Switch is concerned.

This sound like what backup loader usind brdemu on ps3 did or what GW did on 3ds. If this is the case then you are running the cart and updates and paid dlc should work just find with an emulated cart. Its when you try to run decrypted code like vita Miadumps and then use encrypted updates/dlc when you have issues.

This does remind me of GW because everyone was sure it wouldnt do evetything when eventually it did. The point is the Switch is wide open hacked now it just takes time for all the tools and tricks to be worked ouyt.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...wether you back up your own games or you download them off the internet, it's still copyright infringement. You own a single license to a game you purchase...you don't own the GAME, you have the right to use that particular copy of the game and that's it...you don't have the right to copy it according to Nintendo's legal agreement....so if you or anyone else wants to pirate games, I say go for it.....

People are still entitled (not only allowed, but indeed entitled) to possess a second copy. Nintendo explicitly stated that downloading that second copy is illegal. There hasn't been a word on homemade backups. Just that the "rightful owner" is allowed to make such a backup.
I'd also go with Nintendo as the rightful owner here as long as the product is only a license to use their software.

Therefore, aren't we entitled to demand a second copy from Nintendo then?

Last edited by Axido,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean can i use the Fusee Gelee thing that comes with SX Pro to make a Nand backup?
There is no Fusee Gelee coming with SX Pro. But I guess what you're asking is whether you can run any payload you want with that dongle and I'm pretty sure you will be able to. I assume you can just copy the payload you want onto that dongle.

Reactions: Orugamaster

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are still entitled (not only allowed, but indeed entitled) to possess a second copy. Nintendo explicitly stated that downloading that second copy is illegal. There hasn't been a word on homemade backups. Just that the "rightful owner" is allowed to make such a backup.
I'd also go with Nintendo as the rightful owner here as long as the product is only a license to use their software.

Therefore, aren't we entitled to demand a second copy from Nintendo then?

The rightful owner is the publisher (ie, Ubisoft, Activision, EA) and Nintendo....therefore, the "end user" is not permitted to make a "back up" copy. By purchasing a game at a store, you are receiving a license to use it. Once you sell or give away your game, you no longer posses the right to it. Think of it like Windows in a way or other PC games. The disc does you no good without the "Product key"...console games are kind of the same way, except you don't manually have to enter a key and the physical copy of the game can be given/sold to someone else. The cartridge is like the "Key" in that case. Digital games cannot be sold/transferred to another user.

I'm not saying that to sound like an a**hole about piracy, i'm just giving an explanation about Nintendo's stance on "back ups" and "ROM downloading". If you want to make back-up copies of your own games and say "oh I own the game, so it's legit", then that's up to you. If you want to pirate a bunch of games, that's up to you as well. I'll admit to pirating, but that doesn't mean i'm right in doing so

Last edited by Dvdxploitr,

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Can i use the SX dongle to use another CFW?
Maybe (probably), this will not be possible. I think TX Team wants to prevent others to use its work, TX wants to make profits with SX OS - if you can use Atmosphere for free you won't pay SX OS licence. So: "buypur dongle and use our cfw".
... But, as always: who knows? Maybe the dongle will be hacked and we will be able to install a cfw on it, like a custom "Wood"

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rightful owner is the publisher (ie, Ubisoft, Activision, EA) and Nintendo....therefore, the "end user" is not permitted to make a "back up" copy. By purchasing a game at a store, you are receiving a license to use it. Once you sell or give away your game, you no longer posses the right to it. Think of it like Windows in a way or other PC games. The disc does you no good without the "Product key"...console games are kind of the same way, except you don't manually have to enter a key and the physical copy of the game can be given/sold to someone else. The cartridge is like the "Key" in that case. Digital games cannot be sold/transferred to another user.

I'm not saying that to sound like an a**hole about piracy, i'm just giving an explanation about Nintendo's stance on "back ups" and "ROM downloading". If you want to make back-up copies of your own games and say "oh I own the game, so it's legit", then that's up to you. If you want to pirate a bunch of games, that's up to you as well. I'll admit to pirating, but that doesn't mean i'm right in doing so
You can admit to pirating copyrighted games on the internet

I'll stick to saying I'm running backups of things I own

If you don't get it, then you're slow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol