Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might sound bad, but the switch is purposely designed to boot into rcm when there is corruption so you can reflash. Therefore its just using a built-in feature of the switch.

Assuming you can undo whatever they did of course, and the risk of modifying it in the first place. Plus, it makes your console a lot easier to be detected.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question to be asked is "Is a USB loader in the works?"

And before anybody says "Hur durrrr who wants carry around a usb hard drive with their switch??" Well, I mainly play mine docked and a USB drive connected to my dock would be just fine.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Another question to be asked is "Is a USB loader in the works?"

And before anybody says "Hur durrrr who wants carry around a usb hard drive with their switch??" Well, I mainly play mine docked and a USB drive connected to my dock would be just fine.
200gb cards are 50$ish nowdays. I really dont see the point in inconvenient usb drive support

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
200gb cards are 50$ish nowdays. I really dont see the point in inconvenient usb drive support

When you find a 200gb card for 50 bucks lemme know. You're full of shit.

Besides, cart dumps can be up to 32 GB not even including the updates for them. The only way you're putting any significant amount of games on there is having an external drive.

And "inconvenient"? How inconvenient is it to plug up a drive and let it sit there while docked? I even specifically stated no "hurr durrr" comments but there's always some retard that doesn't know how to read.

Last edited by CaptainLoozer,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Besides, cart dumps can be up to 32 GB not even including the updates for them. The only way you're putting any significant amount of games on there is having an external drive.

Yeah, I'd like to know where to get legit hi-speed 200GB microsd cards for less then $90. I'm not risking buying them online. I want a retail store.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with Amazon?

I've bought some from amazon before. I've had good and bad experiences. But either way, you're not finding a 256+ card for under 90 bucks unless it's refurbished but it'll still be significantly more than "50ish". Fatsquirrel is full of shit.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with Amazon?

Fake cards. I know you can return them, but the process takes too long. If I buy them from a local store I can return them right away if there is something wrong. I don't mind spending a $30, but $90 is too much to gamble with.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country

And "inconvenient"? How inconvenient is it to plug up a drive and let it sit there while docked? I even specifically stated no "hurr durrr" comments but there's always some retard that doesn't know how to read.

I bought one a around week ago for 56$ off Amazon. SanDisk 200gb microsd
Biggest game so far is 22gb. Others are normally up to 8gb. 200gb is plenty if you dont want to collect everything on one card.
But whatever Im "full of shit"

Reactions: deanspeed

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake cards. I know you can return them, but the process takes too long. If I buy them from a local store I can return them right away if there is something wrong. I don't mind spending a $30, but $90 is too much to gamble with.

I feel you there. Except most of the fake cards I've ever had the privilege of buying ended up being too cheap to be real in the first place. I should have just used better judgement.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Biggest game so far is 22gb. Others are normally up to 8gb. 200gb is plenty if you dont want to collect everything on one card.

Then you just got lucky. Find that same deal right now if "most 200gb cards are 50ish nowadays"

Until you do, you're, in fact, full of shit.

Also I'd like to see what brand and speed your card is. I'm finding it unlikely that you got a high speed of a reputable brand for that price unless it was on 40%+ sale.

Last edited by CaptainLoozer,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those cards were on a special sale and they aren't top of the line either. I also bought a 128GB for like $30~ during that sale, but that isn't their price all of the time.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel you there. Except most of the fake cards I've ever had the privilege of buying ended up being too cheap to be real in the first place. I should have just used better judgement.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then you just got lucky. Find that same deal right now if "most 200gb cards are 50ish nowadays"

Until you do, you're, in fact, full of shit.

Also I'd like to see what brand and speed your card is. I'm finding it unlikely that you got a high speed of a reputable brand for that price unless it was on 40%+ sale.
Its 65$ now, big deal eh

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Not just the distribution is illegal. Game copying devices on their own are already illegal, so technically you aren't even allowed to make any backups of your games. That's Nintendo's stance. It doesn't matter (to Nintendo) whether you own them or not. You get what you pay for, you don't get to have a second copy. Both are piracy to Nintendo. In fact, emulators are viewed as the greatest threat by Nintendo.

Who said I was against piracy? Everbody can do what they want, I couldn't care less. I just pointed out that the use of emulators are hypocrisy if you go on a rampage against piracy of switch games.

My personal view is that it doesn't matter who pirates. Most pirates wouldn't have bought the games anyway so they aren't really hurting developers. You do you.

So if i dump a gba rom using my gameboy player on the gamecube, which is an official piece of hardware, or my any of my nds devices which can also dump files via homebrew alone and nothing of the sort even remotely close to "game copying devices" ... thats illegal? Hell even the ds, and 3ds carts can be dunped via software alone, same for wii u... "game copying devices" are obsolete trash and if somebody owns one somehow in 2018 I am truly shocked...

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Those cards were on a special sale and they aren't top of the line either. I also bought a 128GB for like $30~ during that sale, but that isn't their price all of the time.
Of course they arent top tier cards, Im not using it in a dslr
These standard Sandisks are completely fine for Switch, it doesnt make a difference between normal and a highspeed one according to the video that was floating around on temp some time ago.

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

PonyStation4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought some from amazon before. I've had good and bad experiences. But either way, you're not finding a 256+ card for under 90 bucks unless it's refurbished but it'll still be significantly more than "50ish". Fatsquirrel is full of shit.

Buying legit cards from Amazon is easy. Look for "Sold by Amazon" or "Sold by Sandisk" etc

"Fulfilled by Amazon" means that they're storing inventory from a seller, doesn't mean it's a legit product

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i dislike about this is the whole 'license' needed.

the reason i hack my consoles is to get all DRM out of it and run what i want to run, regardless of piracy. also, who's to say TX will support their OS outside the near future? too many variables for me to make a decision honestly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1