Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i have firmware 3.0 and i want to load hyrule warriors that sure will have a higher firmware , will i have to update the firmware on my switch ? ,, or the xecuter OS is going to bypass the firmware game version and aloud me to play it with the old firmware that i have installed ?

This is unknown at the current time. Firmware spoofing would be a good idea for people that do not wish to update.

Swan1360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say for certain that no one has ever been charged over copying their own games, but the majority of crimes (about 99.9%) go unreported. You didn't answer my question; do you now admit that copying your own games is illegal?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is a little more risky, but also a good choice. Can you not update your Switch like a PS3 (update it offline)?
No the only way to get the sdxc update is to update to the newest it’s a shame since I probably could’ve done it so long ago I just didn’t have the right sd card

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is unknown at the current time. Firmware spoofing would be a good idea for people that do not wish to update.
Not only that , what if two weeks after you purchased OS xecuter nintendo realeases firmware 6.00 , for the upcoming games and Os xecuter becomes obsolete for that firmware ,, like Sony has been doing with Ps4

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Where did you read that?
Really lame to get the site up at the time the dongles should have arrived by the customers. This means people who pre-order will not be able to use it right away.
The earliest pre order costomers will have them in hand is the 15th the day the site is up so yeah people will have it at the same time the site is running.

Its also the day the prodyct is released for non pre order.

Last edited by OblivionReign,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a little off topic, but people keep claiming atmosphere being superior to this.
Yes that will be open source and yes it will not be strictly for piracy, but I guess I have missed a lot since I haven’t seen anything more than booting homebrew launcher so I really have no clue if it will be better.
Please inform me :)

Atmosphere will be free, but as of now still requires a computer and the persistent use of a RCM JIG to boot. It also will not ship with the ability to boot backups. Unfortenelty the Xecuter OS will not ship with the ability to launch homebrew on the latest firmware, but this is a planned feature. I have been a fan of Xecuter ever since I purchased my original XBOX. They always updated their products to fix bugs and add new features and did so in a competitive fashion. The whole "Atmosphere" vs "Xecuter" argument really comes down to being a cheap (ie - not being able to afford the solution). People claim they are fans of open source, but they already purchased a $300 DRM laden console so why not spend $40 more and be done with it?

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that , what if two weeks after you purchased OS xecuter nintendo realeases firmware 6.00 , for the upcoming games and Os xecuter becomes obsolete for that firmware ,, like Sony has been doing with Ps4

Well, Xecuter's approach seems to work regardless of the firmware version (as it can boot without the firmware to begin with). If per say Nintendo does find some sort of vulnerability for the device then I'm sure that USB port on the bottom of the Dongle will be used to update and fix whatever Nintendo has come up with. What I'd be more concerned about is a physical hardware revision of the Switch that fixes the nvidia exploit.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Atmosphere will be free, but as of now still requires a computer and the persistent use of a RCM JIG to boot. It also will not ship with the ability to boot backups. Unfortenelty the Xecuter OS will not ship with the ability to launch homebrew on the latest firmware, but this is a planned feature. I have been a fan of Xecuter ever since I purchased my original XBOX. They always updated their products to fix bugs and add new features and did so in a competitive fashion. The whole "Atmosphere" vs "Xecuter" argument really comes down to being a cheap (ie - not being able to afford the solution). People claim they are fans of open source, but they already purchased a $300 DRM laden console so why not spend $40 more and be done with it?
I agree with you ,,, i would also like for a cheat tool or save cheat tool with xecuter OS

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you read that?
Really lame to get the site up at the time the dongles should have arrived by the customers. This means people who pre-order will not be able to use it right away.
They're shipping June 15
How could it reach the customers on the same date?

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The earliest pre order costomers will have them in hand is the 15th the day the site is up so yeah people will have it at the same time the site is running.
Team Xecuter announced ‘before’ 15th of June. All pre-orders will be delivered by 15th. Early birds even sooner.

Reactions: mrpeenut24

CrossGamerHDX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could not said it better myself.
only way atmosphere will be better because it's free and piracy will come to it unless some random dev adds it to it like the flow did with enso for the vita.
might be weeks, months or who knows years before that is happening.
I wish we had more than two CFWs but I think for now Xecuter is worth every pennies.
idk how you can buy 40+ dollars games yet you can't afford 40 bucks to buy something that will save you hundreds

Reactions: cots

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So basicaly the Team Xecutor will start with piracy and will support homebrew later and is not free. Atmosphere will support homebrew first and piracy (maybe) later and will be free.
Am I right?

This aside from assumptions that Team Xecutor may or may not have used parts of Atmosphere

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could not said it better myself.
only way atmosphere will be better because it's free and piracy will come to it unless some random dev adds it to it like the flow did with enso for the vita.
might be weeks, months or who knows years before that is happening.
I wish we had more than two CFWs but I think for now Xecuter is worth every pennies.
idk how you can buy 40+ dollars games yet you can't afford 40 bucks to buy something that will save you hundreds

Well, remember you can load other payloads with the Xecuter Dongle so if you wanted to you could use the device to launch Atmosphere which will save a lot more time and be portable. I am not a fan of having to use persistent connection to a computer and having to mess with programs each time I want to launch something. It's time consuming. I'm sure in time people will figure out how to install a CFW (like the 3DS), but who knows when that will happen. Right now if you want to be able to load backups from their OS you will have to invest in their product or just wait if you can't afford it. I don't get why the people who can't afford it are attacking Xecuter as all they are doing is promoting the product. Free advertising is nice!

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicaly the Team Xecutor will start with piracy and will support homebrew later and is not free. Atmosphere will support homebrew first and piracy (maybe) later and will be free.
Am I right?

This aside from assumptions that Team Xecutor may or may not have used parts of Atmosphere

Yeah, you're right about the first part. If Team Xecuter did use other peoples work for reference or straight up copied something then I would have to blame the people who posted that information to the public as it's free to use by anyone. Oldschool scene groups keep their findings to themselves as long as possible to get more street credit.

Reactions: jaysea

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, you're right about the first part. If Team Xecuter did use other peoples work for reference or straight up copied something then I would have to blame the people who posted that information to the public as it's free to use by anyone. Oldschool scene groups keep their findings to themselves as long as possible to get more street credit.
Guess we will have to wait untill both are out just to see which is best.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If sleep mode works the use of using a dongle to boot won’t be a issue since my Switch is always in sleep mode, since I got it when it came out I only rebooted to test hekate 4.x and to update to fw4.2

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, AutoRCM is obviously a terrible idea as it essentially purposely semibricks your switch by corrupting sysnand.

I do wonder about the sd card though. Do you have to use the same sd card already on your switch or can you just use any card? It would be nice to be able to swap cards.

D

Deletedmember448668

Chilll. Some people enjoy piracy. Others dont. While i dont advocate for it ill still do it
I mean, i use to do it too, i'm not perfect, but I grew up and realized it's wrong. It hurt's developers, it hurts the game industry. I get why people pirate, who doesnt like free shit? But at the expense of others?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8