ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

Filthy888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have some help learning how to open this application Ive clicked on about everything in the folder and Im getting nothing what the pictures are showing am i suppose to click the CSPROJ file I dont know what any of this is. Heres what I see on my end and im showing that I got 4.6 installed.

Attachments

• image_2023-09-26_131437700.png
    image_2023-09-26_131437700.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image_2023-09-26_131657190.png
    image_2023-09-26_131657190.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 50

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can I have some help learning how to open this application Ive clicked on about everything in the folder and Im getting nothing what the pictures are showing am i suppose to click the CSPROJ file I dont know what any of this is. Heres what I see on my end and im showing that I got 4.6 installed.
There's two .exe applications in the proper download (not the source code - if you need help locating the proper download, please see my last post on page 46 or so - link).
One is "XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy.exe" and the other is "XC2IraSaveNETThingy.exe" - the first one is for XC2 proper, while the second is for Torna ("bf2" is the internal name for XC2, and "Ira" is for T:TGC).

If you want to edit a Xenoblade 2 save file, open the Bf2 .exe; if you're playing Torna, open the Ira .exe.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way to change the strength stat of Blades?
I need more strength for the Herald Search merc mission
Via the save editor? No, unfortunately; the best way to get more Merc Mission strength is to get more rare Blades and fill out their affinity charts.
"Strength" is directly tied to the number of nodes on a Blade's chart; the more nodes possible, the higher the Strength cap for that one Blade, and the more nodes obtained, the higher their current Strength score.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't save the affinity chart progress.
Every time i edit " purifying flames" progress, it doesnt save the editing
Currently 2072/4000
Some affinity chart nodes are tied to flags, and thus any edited values in the affinity chart get reset to what's stored in the respective flag.

Ursula's performance levels, number of crits dealt, Driver Combo finishers performed, Blade Combos finished, button challenges completed, and many more can be found by scrolling down the "Game Flag Data" tab, primarily the 32-bit Flag list (though Ursula's performance levels, and Salvager level, are 8-bit).

So if something can't be edited through the affinity chart section, try scrolling down the Game Flag Data.

Here's a handy 'cheat sheet':

8-bit flags:
2128-2130 = Ursula Vocal/Looks/Soul Level (also, edit the Stamp numbers in Items -> Key Items)
2133 = Salvager Level

16-bit flags:
1551 = Ursula fans count

32-bit flags:
go from 259 downwards; most important things are in the 259-315 range.

Israelssiivaq1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some affinity chart nodes are tied to flags, and thus any edited values in the affinity chart get reset to what's stored in the respective flag.

Ursula's performance levels, number of crits dealt, Driver Combo finishers performed, Blade Combos finished, button challenges completed, and many more can be found by scrolling down the "Game Flag Data" tab, primarily the 32-bit Flag list (though Ursula's performance levels, and Salvager level, are 8-bit).

So if something can't be edited through the affinity chart section, try scrolling down the Game Flag Data.

Here's a handy 'cheat sheet':

8-bit flags:
2128-2130 = Ursula Vocal/Looks/Soul Level (also, edit the Stamp numbers in Items -> Key Items)
2133 = Salvager Level

16-bit flags:
1551 = Ursula fans count

32-bit flags:
go from 259 downwards; most important things are in the 259-315 range.
Oh,thx a lot buddy, for some reason, all options on flag editor are blank, i cant see any description

Israelssiivaq1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, i finally got KOS-MOS, after about 700+ legendary core pulls.
Who had the idea to implement a crap pull system on a offline game !!??
this guy deserves the worstest death ever
Now my album is complete *cheers*

kotomatsukami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm new at this. I'm guessing that in order to give yourself a new blade you'd also have to activate a certain flag, right? I'm trying to give myself Corvin, does anyone know what his flag data is?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, I'm new at this. I'm guessing that in order to give yourself a new blade you'd also have to activate a certain flag, right? I'm trying to give myself Corvin, does anyone know what his flag data is?
You don't need to - Corvin is a DLC Blade, and thus he's given to you by an NPC Nopon in Argentum Trade Guild . He's not a gacha Blade (unless you release him, for some reason, whereupon he does become one).

Ironsqueakette

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Recently downloaded the save editor but had one or two problems getting it to work. I've been able to add unpulled Blades to the game, so it's definitely functioning for me, but there's a few values I can't seem to work properly.

For one, I've set scale and weaponscale to tons of different numbers, 1, 50, 110, 150, 200, 999, the maximum, but none of them have elicited any change in the game at all. Not really sure what's going wrong.

Also, while I've been able to spawn in totally functioning Blades, they don't seem to have any skills? I am really early in the game, just got Pyra, haven't met up with Nia again yet, so progress alone may just be the issue. I saw someone else in the thread say that it started working for them the moment they unlocked three blade slots, so this question's much less of a priority for me, happy to play normally and test it again after that.

Anyway, I'd super appreciate help, if anyone feels like giving it. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Ironsqueakette,

Nameless_Mofo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to modify stats of rare or story blades, it doesn't work because the stats for those blades come from the data tables (bdat) built in to the game. To change them you have to mod the bdat files, which unfortunately is an involved process.

Common blades don't work this way however, you can edit almost any of their stats via save data editing.

For the rare & story blades, see https://github.com/BlockBuilder57/xenomods, it's a project on GitHub for xc2 modding. I haven't used it myself but it seems to make it a simpler process than when I did it.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Lxcidanalogy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone have any idea if it's possible to unlock the third blade slot early with the save editor? can't seem to find anyone else curious enough to try since apparently most people play NG+ saves with this thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?