Xbox Series X will allow for higher framerates on backwards compatible games

4C83E892-DFE6-42E2-886E-F22BCAE9F459.jpeg

Microsoft has already promised that their Xbox Series X will support new games running at high resolutions, with above average refresh rates supported on the console. But older games will also benefit from the Series X’s power. Backwards compatible titles won’t just run via emulation or through included legacy hardware—they’ll be running natively on the system. Features that will be available for Xbox Series X titles, such as HDR, Quick Resume, and fast loading times will also apply to Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, allowing for better visuals and performance on next-gen hardware. Some games previously only playable at 30fps will even be unlocked to play at 60 or even 120fps. Through this, “thousands” of games, both new and old, will be playable on the Series X at launch.

:arrow: Source

ja42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
atleast its xbox one s quiet not vacuum cleaner like ps4 ps5 ps6 ps7 haha but I will wait 200 dollars ps5 slim not pro state and xbox shit x s fo r 150 dollars 2

Last edited by ja42,
Reactions: MrCokeacola

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
PC Master Race always think they superior. But console come knocking on PC door.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

remember dont buy new consoles until cfw comes out
Yes buy new console early cuz firmware cum out. You'll be on lower hackable firmware.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried them both on Xbox and PC, it's such a shame that "simple" games like this can't run properly on Xbox One
They're cpu intensive, with all those bouncy things using full pyshics engines. Needs loads of computations a second. So the older cpu driving them stuggle. I had my framerste dip down into the teens quite often with slime rancher. So hard to play.

But the new cpu is quite a few generations better than the ancient thing that's in the xbox one, so i have high hopes.

Reactions: Aldoria

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're cpu intensive, with all those bouncy things using full pyshics engines. Needs loads of computations a second. So the older cpu driving them stuggle. I had my framerste dip down into the teens quite often with slime rancher. So hard to play.

But the new cpu is quite a few generations better than the ancient thing that's in the xbox one, so i have high hopes.
My amd fx 4300 would cry in pain when trying to run the game haha.

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make OLD games better so this is their answer for having NO exclusives?! :rofl:
Fanboyism at it's worst right here. Why must you feel the need to take shots at them for making the console pro consumer? Name another console that has all these features. I have all current gen console and each has their pros and cons. I have my PS4 Pro for exclusives, Xbox one x for multiplat, and my switch for gaming on the go. I'm loving everything I'm hearing about the series x and I can't wait til June 4th when Sony finally shows us the PS5... hopefully!

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
PC doesn't have exclusives as will .... Or there are, but poorly made.

I don't like Sony/Sony dog games, I am only there for jrpg games only.

Xbox game disks used to have unique smell like lemon or something hehe.

I didn't smell recent game disks hehe

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PC doesn't have exclusives as will .... Or there are, but poorly made.

I don't like Sony/Sony dog games, I am only there for jrpg games only.

Xbox game disks used to have unique smell like lemon or something hehe.

I didn't smell recent game disks hehe
You are the first person I have heard of wwo smells a game disc haha. Dont tell me that your Xbox smells lemon fresh hahaha.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
You are the first person I have heard of wwo smells a game disc haha. Dont tell me that your Xbox smells lemon fresh hahaha.
hehe I meant the original xbox game disk has unique smell (from what I remember) .... not exactly lemon ...... I dont know hehe ..... like windows disks.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...I'm almost tempted to crack open a few Xbox one disks just for a whiff now I've read that! Could just imagine the wife's face..."WTF are you doing?!" "I'm smelling my disks woman! You got problem with that?!" :lol:

....Still, it's not THAT ridiculous! We've all had a suck on a Switch card, own up lads!

But yes the 'Ooo Xbox has no exclusives haha!' - very yawnsome, fanboi bollocks, and this site is definitely one of the worst I visit for it! :rolleyes:
There's been a few points already about it so I won't reiterate, but will add that Zero Dawn is coming to PC in a couple of months, and while Sony said they're not following MS with dual releases just yet, it's gonna happen! Maybe they won't dual launch, but give it a couple of years and we'll see PC ports coming out maybe 6 months later, tops..
PC owners will continue to feel smug I'm sure, but I'd rather be sprawled out on my sofa blazing across the streets in Forza Horizon via my One X - and putting a PC under the living room telly - it just doesn't work well enough (I've tried several times!) as a console replacement there!

Nostalgia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still don't know why people say this? Microsoft have plenty of exclusives every console have exclusives :unsure:
It's just a cool thing to do

if the price is not a matter, a wise one would undoubtedly go for pc, which outperforms in every ways any consoles.
price is no factor for me

and I have no interest in ever playing any games on PC ever so no thanks

Last edited by Nostalgia,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make OLD games better so this is their answer for having NO exclusives?! :rofl:
One day, your dumb butt is going to be adult enough to have a 40-hr/week job, and triple ayyyy is pushing some trend that you have zero interest in. You want to replay one of your favorites from a prior generation.

WIthout backward compatibility, you'll have to source a new old stock model with a scalper's mark-up of every console you need, plus whatever modifications needed to work with whatever the standard of video connectivity available to you. Or just somehow pray your existing one didn't get sold for a quarter by your parents when you jumped on the new shiny to offset what it cost them to get you it. This is what Sony and Apple presently force their users to do.

With backward compatibility, you should be able to take the same physical game, insert it, and play. See how much simpler that is? This is what Microsoft is doing. And if you have those games digitally on your account, then it should be even easier to simply re-download them. In practice, lawyers continually foul this one up. :gun:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.