Xbox Series X HDMI Issue: Unexpected Reading on Pin 14 - Need Help!

SarcasticOP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with the HDMI port on my Xbox Series X and could use some guidance.

1. Background: After a previous repair attempt elsewhere, the HDMI port was damaged, and 11 pads were compromised. I replaced the HDMI port and fixed the pads successfully.
  2. Testing: I used an HDMI breakout board post-repair. Everything checked out initially. But when I reassembled the Xbox, the HDMI failed to operate correctly.
  3. Pin 14 Anomaly: Upon re-testing with the breakout board, I noticed that Pin 14, which should read 'OL', was now showing a reading of .8xxx. Notably, this was the only pin with a changed reading.
  4. Diagnostics: I began a step-by-step disassembly, noting the readings after each component removal. The 'OL' reading on Pin 14 returned once I disconnected the ribbon that links the two main boards.
  5. Main Board Suspected: I tested with various southbridge boards, but the .8xxx reading persisted. This leads me to believe the issue might reside in the main board.
Has anyone come across this specific issue or have insights on HDMI-related problems of this nature? I'm trying to pinpoint the issue, and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you created a short / don't know how to operate a multimeter. OL means overload/ over limit depending on manufacturer, and if it originally read over limit (you never said over limit on what. Resistance? Voltage? Current? Impedance?), and now reads within range, you're most likely shorting to whatever plane you're testing against, most likely ground. Pin 14 is used for a lot of things post 1.3b, like Ethernet, HEAC+, audio return, etc, but is *not* crucial for the function of just video out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...