xbox series s and x should be hacked

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but cant lay on bed btw I have 3 5tb hdd usb connected to pc to front usb and one 2tb ssd
But you can...? Most PCs support HDMI so any TV made in the last ~10 years should be able to display it. And controllers can connect to a PC and at worst, you might need to download some software to get it working. Steam Big Picture is even made for doing exactly this thing so you can launch games easier with a controller.

effbaz84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just depends if there is demand for it by the homebrew scene since piracy is not as large a driving force as people think due to most pirates lacking any knowledge of how exploits are made. With dev mode existing, the homebrew scene has been fairly happy to leave it alone. But with how Microsoft handled dev mode sometimes in the past, they might end up doing something which forces even that group to want to exploit it.
I agree but how about saving xboxes in general with the absolutely failure that is the ssd. I wanna see if there is a way to generate the key partition for it.
Post automatically merged:

The modern Xbox platform has been hackproof for around 10 years, no real progress made so far. I don't see how it will change just because you want it.
I don't even want it hacked. I just wanna be able to swap the drive and generate a new key for it. Not even hack it. Lol

TomChaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't even want it hacked. I just wanna be able to swap the drive and generate a new key for it. Not even hack it. Lol
Problem is you can't. The drive is only checked for device model whitelisting, encryption isn't a part of it.

What's really nasty is MS omitted the eMMC chip and put per-console encrypted critical files right on the SSD, complicating drive swap because you need to copy these files and if the drive dies before you do that, the whole console is gone.

At the same time XS uses X1 southbridges and actually has a blank spot for eMMC chips, so they COULD boot from the eMMC chip and allow much easier repairs, but they didn't do it just to save $2 per console not buying eMMC chips.

effbaz84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is you can't. The drive is only checked for device model whitelisting, encryption isn't a part of it.

What's really nasty is MS omitted the eMMC chip and put per-console encrypted critical files right on the SSD, complicating drive swap because you need to copy these files and if the drive dies before you do that, the whole console is gone.

At the same time XS uses X1 southbridges and actually has a blank spot for eMMC chips, so they COULD boot from the eMMC chip and allow much easier repairs, but they didn't do it just to save $2 per console not buying eMMC chips.
You can purchase the 520 though, people are already moving the encrypted partition to the new drive using bit by bit copy and putting it in the console and its working. Which means it can't be locked to a serial number. And because the encryption key keeps updating to a new key every update. It can't be a specific lock to the cpu. Because this key can be created with the console offline this means that the key is generated from the eeprom, partition, and the offline updater. It means the way that key is created is in one of the three.

After speaking to a buddy of mine. My next step is to get a hold of a series x or series s ssd before the console was turned on. It's possible that there is an unencrypted partition that allows the console to start and then writes over it the first time it starts that locks it to the console.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who would waste time hacking a system that you can play most of the games for $14.99 a month in console and pc while multiplaying?

Netflix cost about the same and people have multiple streaming subscriptions lol.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who would waste time hacking a system that you can play most of the games for $14.99 a month in console and pc while multiplaying?

Netflix cost about the same and people have multiple streaming subscriptions lol.
PS4 when hacked is a very impressive console to play a variety of consoles than only PS4 titles and being able to access the system's files.

Now, with Xbox Series, if folks pay for the Dev Mode they can use homebrew so it's a very good deal.

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough of the excuses, real hack now!
There's a few shorts on YT, where some demonstrate how to install Series S modchip... it's legit :creep:
I-Seent-It-Meme-I-Seent-It-Meme.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Bad dragon