Hacking xbox 360 black screen

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi we have a xbox phat 360 which has been chipped and updated with the latest firmware , when playing backup games they did work fine and now i seem to get a black screen and need to restart the console in order to play the game this happens on any game mind you we are on the xbox for around 6hrs each time playing the game before this happened could it be the laser ,does anyone have any ideas why we are getting a black screen thanks for your help

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Odd...

I don't think it's the laser tbh.
You could rule it out by copying a game to the HDD (I assume it's RGH'd)

Other then that you can try to reflash the NAND (if RGH) and reupdate the console

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your reply this is what is happening eg: sometimes they freeze and im getting a black screen but most of the time game stops and getting info about clean disc and restart console , but it is ok for a few minutes then the same thing happens any ideas why

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the advice but original games work the backups will work on on machine but on another console only some backups will work and yet copy and checked and burnt the same way so why does some games work 100% and yet others do not both consoles are chipped and updated to the lastest dash

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Replace the DVD drive.
Or let it be replaced by the modshop.

"Chipped" 360's are hardware hacked machines.
They can run games from the internal HDD so burning them on a DVD is pointless (imho)

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your reply what happens if you have a lot of games but not enough space can you put a external hd on the xbox so it will play games like you can on the wii

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your reply i have pushed the eject button and the xbox came on does this mean it is hardware hacked i know the console is chipped , with external hard drives is it ok to use a 500gb drive i have read somewhere that the xbox can only see 16gb if this is the case i think xbox games are 8.13 gb so it does not sound like you would get many on the drive if you have more than 30 , how do you play the xbox games from external drive do you need another program to launch the games thankyou for your advice

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it didn't boot up XeLL then it's not hardware hacked AKA "chipped"

Your console is flashed which means that you cannot run games from an HDD.
You'll need to get an Xkey in order to do that.

Reactions: hards

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your reply which company should i look at about this i have found 2 on www and emailed them about this but no response at the moment what i have read about it do you really need a dongle or gekco , would it be ok with the chipped console as there seems to be some sort of board that goes inside xbox , i would be asking a company to do this for me or should i wait for something better thanks for your advice

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your 360 boots to XeLL when you press the Eject button then your console is "chipped"
If it boots to the Dashboard then your console is flashed.
Flashed is NOT chipped.

To "chip" it now, you'll need a DGX + Coolrunner 3 + JRunner Programmer.
Any modshop can do this but since the DGX for Phat isn't released yet you're stuck on having it flashed.
There's no such thing as a "dongle" or "gecko" out there.

If you want an Xkey, then you only need your DVD key.
Which is extractable by a X360 USB Pro v2 and a Probe 3.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the console is chipped checked again and boots up to xell , this is the page i am looking at
Code:
http://xboxpcpro.co.uk/xbox-xkey-uk-xbox-x360key.html
which says about dongle and gecko, i would like my xbox games on a hard drive but i have never done this eg: If you want an Xkey, then you only need your DVD key.
Which is extractable by a X360 USB Pro v2 and a Probe 3. as never attached x360 usb pro 2 to xbox only computer sorry for being a pain

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I could also say I'm JTAGging Slim 360's with a USB drive with such an unprofessional website.
Trust me, there's no dongle or gecko or whatever.

If your 360 is really hardware hacked then why in gods name are you using DVD drives to play games on?
Just get a bigger 2.5 inch HDD (to replace the internal one) and download XeXMenu Live from Filetrip.
Follow the pastebin thread and install it.

It's far more easier and quicker to install games on the internal HDD.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your advice we have taken some pictures of the console , when we bought this ii was chipped and then when to flashing 360 to be updated etc we have got the feeling that is not chipped now allthough we dont really know as it does what we want at the moment and that is to play games from disc, we dont put any on internal hd as not alot of space this is why we are asking about a external drive thanks
IMG_0179 (Copy).JPG
IMG_0180 (Copy).JPG
IMG_0181 (Copy).JPG

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As I said, If the console boots to XeLL when you press the eject button to start it.
Then it's "chipped", if it doesn't then your console is flashed.

"chipped" consoles can play everything from the internal/external HDD.
Flashed consoles can only play games from a DVD.

Your case:
A console which has been flashed (since it doesn't boot to XeLL?) which has a dying DVD laser.
Your solutions:
Get an Xkey (only requires your DVD key once and no further reflashes) and play games from an external HDD.
Get a new DVD drive (you're back to where you started, ie. playing games from a backup DVD)
Get it really "chipped" with a RGH.

My opinion:
Get an Xkey, this will allow you to play games from an external HDD and doesn't require you to reflash the DVD constandly.
It also prevents the DVD drive from dying (again)

Reactions: hards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-