DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dumping information from a NAND module is not a huge development, guys! :P The chips follow certain memory standards, dumping raw data from them is a matter of recognizing the chip model or family and using the appropriate procedure. ;)

I'd like you to take another closer look at the images of the dump being opened in a hexeditor.
Plus I'd like you to take a look at the EurAsia link.

If their already able to find binary files inside then NAND then it's surely something note worthy ;]

Ofcourse, NAND dumping is nothing new.
But the small time frame in which it happened + the amount of information already out surely is a huge development.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like you to take another closer look at the images of the dump being opened in a hexeditor.
Plus I'd like you to take a look at the EurAsia link.

If their already able to find binary files inside then NAND then it's surely something note worthy ;]

Ofcourse, NAND dumping is nothing new.
But the small time frame in which it happened + the amount of information already out surely is a huge development.

Well, sure, it is a development, I'm not saying it isn't - what I'm saying is that it won't lead to an immediate "hack" so that other members don't go nuts over it. :P

The 3DS's NAND was dumpable Day 1 by your average camel since it follows MMC standards, all you practically need to do is solder an MMC reader to it and there you have it - 3DS NAND dumper. We still had to wait 2 years or so for the first flashcart and another couple of months before the first clone popped up.

All I'm doing here is "chilling the enthusiasts" so to speak. :)

Reactions: Ray Lewis

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, sure, it is a development, I'm not saying it isn't - what I'm saying is that it won't lead to an immediate "hack" so that other members don't go nuts over it. :P The 3DS's NAND was dumpable Day 1 by your average camel since it follows MMC standards, all you practically need to do is solder an MMC reader to it and there you have it - 3DS NAND dumper. We still had to wait 2 years or so for the first flashcart and another couple of months before the first clone popped up. All I'm doing here is "chilling the enthusiasts" so to speak. :)

I'd like to see a camel dump a 3DS NAND.
Honestly, I'd like to see that ._.

But yes, you're correct on that.
However, the 3DS is more compact, and is a lot more of a hassle to open up and solder some dump wires to it then a Xbone ;p

And nah, I already covered your concern by saying that piracy is a long way off ;]
Cause that's what you damn well meant!
As for now.
I want them sweet sweet register calls and hypervisor instructions and what not to get off on :creep:

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But....if you can dump raw and write raw like the 3ds, you can tinker and recover unless there is other security. This was why I wanted people to explore Wii U. Maybe a more knowledgeable person could post all you need. This is "something" at least. Anyone heard of ps4 exploration? I wonder if it is emmc also....

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Being that the flash chip was dumped with only a few wires, are you sure it is in fact a NAND instead of a NOR or an eMMC? I know people tend to throw the word "NAND" around so much when referring to any type of flash memory nowadays.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What I make of it is that it's a eMMC.
Similar to the Phison one in the latest Corona's

But if I where to say in the title and OP that the XBone's eMMC was dumped then 99% of the people here started asking what an eMMC was ;p

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to argue with you at all because obviously I respect you, but how do you expect people to correctly learn when you are throwing out misinformation? Now all these uneducated goons are going to be talking about the XBO's "NAND" in some other thread and someone else will call them out and correct them and they will feel like idiots and then say that YOU told them that it was a NAND. The spread of bad/wrong info does no one any good at all. We are wrong as forum members if we can't tell the info correctly as it really is.

Also, don't underestimate the members of this forum. Most of them do know that there is a difference between NAND, NOR, and eMMC, although they may not know what those differences are. You've been around long enough that I don't need to tell you that though.

BTW, Nice to see that you are jumping right in on the XBO info. You've always been the true authority here when it comes to microsoft consoles.

Reactions: 431unknown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ