Gaming X018 is tomorrow, here are my predictions, what about yours?

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X018 will officially start tomorrow. I thought to post about it, and to hear what people think about it. I haven't seen many people talk about it here. And I think it might end up being important for xbox fans at least

What is X018? and why should I care about it?

X0 used to be a big convention for xbox way back in the day (the last one took place in 2006). It is a yearly convention where xbox fans can go meet up, celebrate xbox, play games, and obviously hear new announcements. From what it sounds like, it is basically Microsoft's answer to Playstation experience, and it will take place in Mexico this year. If the last X0 events are any indications, then expect at least one or two big announcements. Fable 1, Ninja Gaiden Black, Halo 2, acquisition of rare where some of the announcements made in previous X0 events for example.

What do we know so far about the event?

Here is what is confirmed so far: We will hear about Kingdom Hearts 3, and Tom Clancy the division 2. We will definitely hear about Crackdown 3 We will also hear more about mouse and keyboard games (more on that in my predictions section). We will also hear about updates for Forza Horizon 4, Sea of thieves, State of Decay 2, Minecraft, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. We will also hear more about Game Pass (the free games for the month of November). We won't hear about Halo infinite, or whatever playground games is working on (presumably a new fable)

Educated Predictions:

This is the section where I make predictions that are not entirely far fetched. I am making these predictions based on previous Microsoft shows, reliable leaks, and things that sound logical. But obviously nothing here is guaranteed:

1. Since Microsoft will talk about mouse and keyboard, and since they have mentioned in the last inside xbox episode that the goal of it is to bring more games from pc to xbox one. It makes perfect sense that Microsoft starts with their own libraries to promote the service. That means an announcement of Age of empires definitive edition, Rise of Nations, Age of empire 4, and Gears Tactics coming to Xbox one would make sense, and would definitely interest some people. Also, this was leaked yesterday as well by Xbox themselves. I definitely have a really good feeling about that one.

2. I predict that Microsoft will show the first gameplay footage of battletoads. We already know that there is a new Battletoads game that will come next year, but we haven't heard anything about it yet. Battletoads is also a pretty popular title, so it can easily generate a little hype.

3. I also expect an announcement of Sunset Overdrive coming to PC. I mean this really needs no explanation, it has been leaked all over the place, including in Steam's database. I would not be surprised if it releases really soon as well. Based on that, I would expect Xbox one X update for the game as well.

4. I also expect a release date for Ori and the will of the wisps.

5. I also predict that Microsoft will announce the next wave of xbox original games. The last wave of games were announced in April, and it is about time. If you have noticed all the xbox original games announced so far, they have one thing in common. They all came out to the xbox 360 classic on demand service. This potentially means that they are the easiest to emulate. And because of that, I predict that the next wave would include games like: Crash Wrath of Cortex, Splinter cell Chaos Theory, Max Payne 1, and 2, Oddworld Stranger's wrath, MechAssault 1, and 2, and Indigo prophecy

6. I also predict a new perfect dark game announcement. Some people might say this is far fetched, but rare has teased the game themselves. Yes, you read that correctly, rare teased that themselves: https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/04/16/rare-teasing-perfect-dark/

7. I also predict that Microsoft would announce mod support on Xbox one. if you are wondering why I am saying this, Read this: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/29/xbox-one-mod-support/

8. I predict an announcement about Humble Bundle coming to Xbox one, this was teased by Humble bundle on twitter today

9. Ashen gets a release date and is still coming to xbox game pass day 1. This makes sense because Ashen developers still insist that it is coming this year. Ashen is also a game that a lot of people are looking forward to. So it would be an interesting surprise from ID@xbox

10. A new studio acquisition, rumors are mentioning Obsidian (developers of Fallout new vegas, South part stick of truth and its sequel, Pillars of eternity).

More wishful thinking predictions:

This is the section where I put my wishful thinking predictions. I will still try to be reasonable in my predictions. But these predictions are definitely going to raise some eyebrows:

1. With Microsoft presumably announcing Sunset overdrive port to PC in the show, I think that the reason why they would bother going back to that game and porting it to PC, is because they will announce or tease Sunset Overdrive 2. Otherwise they would have ported Halo 5, and Halo masterchief collection as well. This was also something that was leaked for E3 this year by multiple sources, including the guy who correctly predicted Fallout 76 .https://gamerant.com/bloodborne-2-sunset-overdrive-amazon-leak/ and https://www.gamepur.com/news/29143-sunset-overdrive-2-wont-be-revealed-e3-2018.html

2. I predict some sort of Banjo Kazooie game announcement. There are a lot of reasons why I think so. First of all, this is the anniversary of Banjo Kazooie. To be fair, that means nothing on its own. There is also the tease in rare replay that says: "Will people remember Banjo Kazooie in a decade, come back and find out" on the game Nuts and bolts (which launched a decade ago). There is also the announcement of new toy lines for Banjo Kazooie. There is also the success of Crash N sane trilogy. Lastly, there is the fact that one of the developers of rare wrote on his twitter account that he worked on "Banjo Kazooie Three". You can read this in detail here: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/15/banjo-kazooie-sequel-announcement-may-happen-x018-xbox-one/

3. I think it is possible that we get a new Mech warrior game. The leaker that predicted Fable, Forza Horizon 4, Perfect Dark, and Battletoads predicted this game. And apparently the game also showed up in xbox database at some point. Lastly, the director of Mech Assault mentioned in Ign Unfiltered that Microsoft allowed them to make a new title in that IP "only if they develop it for pc only". Why would Microsoft tell them to do that? unless they are planning something for the xbox one?

4. From a third party standpoint, I think we can hear about the new Splinter cell game that was teased all over the place, and we could potentially hear about borderlands 3 as well since that is presumably coming next holiday

5. I think Microsoft will announce some other acquisition in addition to Obsidian. The obsidian purchase was leaked all over the place, and it is not going to be entirely a surprise on its own. I expect them to announce a studio like: Moon studios, Remedy Interactive, Turtle Rock studios, Asobo studios, all of which were rumored as well.

Let me know what you think, obviously none of these predictions mean anything. But I thought they would be good conversation starters. Until then, keep your hype in check, and hopefully tomorrow we hear something good

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Going to happen: Sunset Overdrive on PC
Maybe going to happen: Obsidian acquisition
Potentially going to happen: Fable announcement
Unlikely to happen: New first party IP reveal
Never going to happen but I want it: MCC on PC

Reactions: kingtut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1