tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dj_darkside007 said:
i just gotta question about your theme...which dark version are you using, i'd love to have the black buttons instead of these white ones with a black theme?
You must have an outdated version of DarkWii then
The newest DarkWii theme has black buttons
wink.gif

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
dj_darkside007 said:
i just gotta question about your theme...which dark version are you using, i'd love to have the black buttons instead of these white ones with a black theme?
You must have an outdated version of DarkWii then
The newest DarkWii theme has black buttons
wink.gif

ok...where can i get the new one then, and will it work on 4.0u?

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
next time if I send u a link telling you to read something, read it before asking questions... this is a pic from the guide I told u to read...

xdgv8o.jpg

yeah read that already and made the CSM file....my question was which would be better to use the .app or the .csm?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the *.app file is the original wii system menu, install this if you want to return the menu to its default white look.

the csm file is a custom system menu theme, installing this will apply the custom theme of your choice

I can't stress this next point enough, don't play with mymenuify unless u have brick protection in place (the mym files I shared are safe, but I can't guarantee you created your csm properly and using the right .app file), u should have either bootmii as boot2 or priiloader installed before doing any of this

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
the *.app file is the original wii system menu, install this if you want to return the menu to its default white look.

the csm file is a custom system menu theme, installing this will apply the custom theme of your choice

I can't stress this next point enough, don't play with mymenuify unless u have brick protection in place (the mym files I shared are safe, but I can't guarantee you created your csm properly and using the right .app file), u should have either bootmii as boot2 or priiloader installed before doing any of this

i've got brick protection....not a complete noob...lol but i was just wondering which one would be better as i've already got softmii tweak toy and mymenufy....

nvm...i'll just go with the csm, less headache for everyone, thanks though

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
did u not understand my post? I thought I was clear,

the .app file is NOT a custom theme, it is what u install if you want to return to the normal "boring boring system menu"
tongue.gif

the csm is the custom theme

also... why are u still using softmii? There's nothing it can do that mymenuify can't, and its safer

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
did u not understand my post? I thought I was clear,

the .app file is NOT a custom theme, it is what u install if you want to return to the normal "boring boring system menu"
tongue.gif

the csm is the custom theme

also... why are u still using softmii? There's nothing it can do that mymenuify can't, and its safer

yeah i understand that....but i have the 72.app as a darktheme.....

but i went ahead and just used the csm....

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dj_darkside007 said:
but i have the 72.app as a darktheme.....
If you have a 72.app as a darktheme, its because someone renamed a csm (ie. darkwii.csm) to .app (ie. 00000072.app)... I don't see why any1 would do that... the only other way some1 could have a 00000072.app that's actually the darkwii theme is if they copied the 00000072.app from a nand dump that had the darkwii theme installed on it.

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
dj_darkside007 said:
but i have the 72.app as a darktheme.....
If you have a 72.app as a darktheme, its because someone renamed a csm (ie. darkwii.csm) to .app (ie. 00000072.app)... I don't see why any1 would do that... the only other way some1 could have a 00000072.app that's actually the darkwii theme is if they copied the 00000072.app from a nand dump that had the darkwii theme installed on it.

i dont know...no worries, im just using the csm...it installed a whole lot fatser than the .app did...

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using usb loader gx on 4.2u. I have the fat32 partition and have the emulators and hb installed on the Hd. I have no problem launching the emulators from the hb channel on my HD. I installed your wii64 and a mplayer forwarder on my wii but when I launch it rest sets the wii. I followed your directions (I think)
Here is my setup

USB:/wii64/roms
USB:/wii64/saves
USB:/apps/wii64/boot.dol

Here is what I have for the mplayer

USB:/apps/mplayer_ce/boot.dol
USB:/mplayer/boot.dol

I think for mplayer it states something about not finding dol on the sd card, but I don't want to use an sd card. If I install the sd card it will work.
Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I also read that you have to name the forwarder the same as the folder of the emulator but I don't know how to do that.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for mplayer_ce, go read the mplayer_ce section of the first post, u will see I post an alternate boot.dol for mplayer_ce

also, make sure u have ALL the files (not just the boot.dol) for Mplayer_CE saved to
USB:/apps/mplayer_ce/
or
USB:/mplayer/

Not sure about y the wii64 channel isn't working for u, it should be working just fine... its possible your harddrive is asleep, and is taking too long to wake up so you are being returned to the system menu. Do other forwarder channels launch apps off the USB okay?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wow, its great to see some people taking such an interest in Violator's music! He really does kick ass!
For more info on his music, see the spoiler below

Violator's Work
Violator @ Apr 7 2010 said:
Arkhon
www.soundclick.com/arkhon
(2003-2007)
more straightforward melodic death. band i spent the most time in that time period, alot of live shows etc etc. i do guitars and back up vocals in this band, only released 2 demos, before the age of 18 have in mind re pelle mou. this website also has a track that was never ended up being recorded on the demos, "The Execution", one of our first songs.

Bloodharvest
www.soundclick.com/bloodharvest
(2003-2006)
very old band, black metal. Songs were created, some kick ass live shows happened, but we never released anything besides these 2 tape quality tracks on soundclick, i play guitar in this one.

Antimony
www.myspace.com/antimony
(2009-present)
melodic death metal, nearly the same lineup with the arkhon band (vocals, and one guitarist), this time im playing bass though, and another drummer and guitarist. Soon to be a name change and a mini cd release with proper studio quality tracks this summer, will keep you informed on the progress (a riff from a future song, not even to be released on the upcoming mini-cd, is featured in your triiforce channel).

Crang
www.soundclick.com/crang
(2004-present)
sewer grindcore, very poorly produced grindcore music with the highlight being the hilarity and brutality of the song themes. New tracks to come when I feel extremely bored
tongue.gif
. I play guitars and pretty much every thing, and do vocals unless where specified and I usually make up all the intros and sound effects, except some samples from movies. All of 'Total Assfuck' EP is available for download, except the shortest song in existence due to soundclicks gay policies (0:00, 750 kbs of sound). Only for grindcore fans with a sense of humor
tongue.gif

and soon to come, my solo project, but more details on that soon, i am in the process of finalising the guitar tracks (the songs u heard without vocals) and hopefully will complete the songs and should be released somehwere in the summer again. (i hope) also some of my soundbites were included in some of angryjoe's videos, and his teleprompter thing in the back still uses the random guitar sound effects that i made for him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZeBn7tGZRE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7tj0j-5Ts

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the channels, but I'm having trouble getting them to work properly. I installed them using IOS 222 (249 doesn't work when installing channels for whatever reason) and though the channel loads the emulators properly, USB support is shut off. USB support works if I load the emulator through the Homebrew Channel, but not through the channel. Does this have anything ot do with the IOS I'm using when installing the channel?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
USB support for tantric's emulators now require cIOS202, tantric has released an installer for this, u can find it on the google code page for any of his emulators.

Its weird that its working through the homebrew channel but not the forwarder channel... if u were missing IOS202 it should not be working in either case... is it possible u have 2 versions saved on your card?? An older one not needing cIOS202 and a newer one that does?

fyi, if u want 249 to work with wad manager, update your wad manager, i recommend yet another wad manager mod (yawmm).

edit: I just re-tested it myself, and I can access roms from USB just fine when its launched via the forwarder channel. Try installing cIOS202 and see if that fixes the problem.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
for mplayer_ce, go read the mplayer_ce section of the first post, u will see I post an alternate boot.dol for mplayer_ce

also, make sure u have ALL the files (not just the boot.dol) for Mplayer_CE saved to
USB:/apps/mplayer_ce/
or
USB:/mplayer/

Not sure about y the wii64 channel isn't working for u, it should be working just fine... its possible your harddrive is asleep, and is taking too long to wake up so you are being returned to the system menu. Do other forwarder channels launch apps off the USB okay?

update:
I reinstalled mplayer forwarder and it works now. I already had your alternal boot.dol
When I reinstalled the wii64 forwarder I used ios202 and it worked. All the forwarders are working now. Thanks for your help

yellowperil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
martinezgene said:
update:
I reinstalled mplayer forwarder and it works now. I already had your alternal boot.dol
When I reinstalled the wii64 forwarder I used ios202 and it worked. All the forwarders are working now. Thanks for your help

What do you mean you used IOS 202, did you use this with wadmanager (instead of installing via 249), or did you re-install the IOS202 fix?

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yellowperil said:
martinezgene said:
update:

What do you mean you used IOS 202, did you use this with wadmanager (instead of installing via 249), or did you re-install the IOS202 fix?

yes, that is what I was talking about. I was working fine but today wii64 and the segagen forwarders are ask for sd dol and will reboot. I don't know what to do. Some time it works and some times it doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: