Country
Germany
Tendency:
"/cygdrive/c/" is equivalent to "C:\"

CGar
Try: wwt extract -a -P -d games +
The plus sign means: all images

dapps
The checksums (there are a lot of them) are stored in the images and there are no differences between ISO, WBFS, WDF, GCX, ...
here are some info links:
* http://wit.wiimm.de/wit/cmd-verify.html#intro
* http://wiiki.wii-homebrew.com/Wii-Image#Interner_Aufbau_eines_Images (german)
The command VERIFY simply compares the calculated checksums with the stored checksums.

An error in the free-blocks table may result ion an shared block, so one game may overwrite another one. And the checksum test find overwritten blocks, because the key for the decryption (needed before checksum calculation) is different.

Reactions: CGar

dapps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm, can I assume that I won't have problems with shared blocks because each game is in their own WBFS file (my hard drive is formatted NTFS)?

And thanks for the link about Wii game image structures! Google translate worked surprisingly well. Now I understand why wwt and wit can simply run verify on the image itself without having to compare checksums against a remote file like CleanRip does.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
. Is it possible that the tool created a directory that Windows cannot read/view?
I have never seen this. The script use only the usual Cygwin commands with relative pathes.

How do you replace a file in an ISO like when using Trucha Signer?

Building a new ISO from source files is way too slow.
But that's the only way with my tools.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But that's the only way with my tools.

Thanks for replying! I need a command line solution to replace a file in a Wii ISO and it must be fast. Any other tool that can do this?

Since I'm editing a certain file which needs to be replaced in the ISO and sent to my harddrive there's no time to "waste". :/

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I know only WiiScrubber, but it can only exchange files of same size.

At my linux server: Extracting and recreating a MKWii image (reduced size of about 1.4GB) < 2 minutes.
One optimization is to extract the image once and the for each new image:
* create a copy of the extracted image with hard links (about a second)
* change the files you want, but make sure that they are deleted before modifying (because of the hard links)
* create a new image

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One optimization is to extract the image once and the for each new image:
* create a copy of the extracted image with hard links (about a second)
Basically
Code:
wit copy "sourceFolder" "destinationFile" --overwrite --links
for optimization? I also removed some files which are never needed to speed things up.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
about "* create a copy of the extracted image with hard links (about a second)"
linux: cp -rl "sourceFolder" "destinationFolder"

and for copying replacement files:
linux: cp --remove-destination source dest

Tendency

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never seen this. The script use only the usual Cygwin commands with relative pathes.

Okay, then I guess I should just ask my nooby question: where is the workdir.d directory supposed to create itself? (Assuming I did not specify a destination folder beyond "workdir.d"). So it would look something like "wit extract C:\User\Downloads\MyISO.iso workdir.d". It did not appear in the same folder as the ISO, nor in any of the Wiimms folders for that matter.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, then I guess I should just ask my nooby question: where is the workdir.d directory supposed to create itself? (Assuming I did not specify a destination folder beyond "workdir.d"). So it would look something like "wit extract C:\User\Downloads\MyISO.iso workdir.d". It did not appear in the same folder as the ISO, nor in any of the Wiimms folders for that matter.
Try to do something like
Code:
wit extract "C:\User\Downloads\MyISO.iso" "C:\User\Downloads\Extracted"

Tendency

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to do something like
Code:
wit extract "C:\User\Downloads\MyISO.iso" "C:\User\Downloads\Extracted"

Ahh, thank you. But I'm already aware of the fact that I should specify a path-destination for it to work properly. What I'm asking and trying to figure out, is where the "workdir.d" directory was created when I used the command in my last post. I know it's there, because I can dump the info. and also copy it; I just can't access it outside of the Wiimms interface (nor can I delete it, even through Wiimms commands, because there's no physical file source recognized). Hence, I wanted to know how the "wit extract...workdir.d" command was intended to work, as it seems I messed up somewhere along the line.

Enverex

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to have WIT resize the actual ISO partition? The files are 4.4GB by default and once scrubbed I assume they compress well, but the images themselves (for transferring between machines, etc) are still 4.4GB. Is there any way of having WIT resize the partition to what's actually needed rather than the full disc size?

"gc-shrink" scrubs then shrinks the ISO partition size for GameCube discs so I'm basically looking for the same here. Is that already possible and I've just missed the option?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to have WIT resize the actual ISO partition? The files are 4.4GB by default and once scrubbed I assume they compress well, but the images themselves (for transferring between machines, etc) are still 4.4GB. Is there any way of having WIT resize the partition to what's actually needed rather than the full disc size?

"gc-shrink" scrubs then shrinks the ISO partition size for GameCube discs so I'm basically looking for the same here. Is that already possible and I've just missed the option?

If you have a WBFS drive the ISOs are always compressed to what is actually needed. Wii Backup Manager can remove the update partition from ISOs: http://www.jesseweb.com/ent/gaming/shrinking-wii-disc-backups/ Also, you can use WinRAR to archive the ISO and save space.

Enverex

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a WBFS drive the ISOs are always compressed to what is actually needed. Wii Backup Manager can remove the update partition from ISOs: http://www.jesseweb.com/ent/gaming/shrinking-wii-disc-backups/ Also, you can use WinRAR to archive the ISO and save space.

I know I can compress them but that's not what I'm looking for. They're being read over a network drive so I'm trying to minimise the size of the files themselves and keep them in a seekable format (which RAR and such would not be).

Enverex

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's what I've settled on along with the option only to copy the GAME partition. Shame there's no ISO shrinking option but this seems to work just as well.

shuall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm
When extracting gamecube isos, how do you determine file offsets (in align-files.txt)? Is that stored on the disc, or do you just find the largest multiple of 0x10 that the beginning aligns to?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Wiimm
When extracting gamecube isos, how do you determine file offsets (in align-files.txt)? Is that stored on the disc, or do you just find the largest multiple of 0x10 that the beginning aligns to?
For each file class, the minimal aligned value is calculated by looking the offset of all files.

Example: "0x80 = files/*.pak" means, that all *.pak files are aligned at 0x80 boundary, but not at 0x100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh