Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
Is it somehow possible to implement a command that prints the split files a game is made of? I may use this to delete them. Thanks in advance for your answer!

Oh and another question: am I right that in the latter versions of wit and wwt you have to run them with admin privileges? I'm on a Mac and I'm actually unable to run the executables from the terminal without prepending "sudo".

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Is it somehow possible to implement a command that prints the split files a game is made of? I may use this to delete them. Thanks in advance for your answer!
I have planned a "wit rm" (remove/delete) command for a long time, but never realized. I'll think about it and a listing command.

Oh and another question: am I right that in the latter versions of wit and wwt you have to run them with admin privileges? I'm on a Mac and I'm actually unable to run the executables from the terminal without prepending "sudo".
You need only admin right to access a WBFS formatted USB drive. But there is also another solution: http://wit.wiimm.de/info/command-line.html#sudo

EDIT:
Done! -> http://wit.wiimm.de/changelog.html#r0

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have planned a "wit rm" (remove/delete) command for a long time, but never realized. I'll think about it and a listing command.

You need only admin right to access a WBFS formatted USB drive. But there is also another solution: http://wit.wiimm.de/...-line.html#sudo

EDIT:
Done! -> http://wit.wiimm.de/changelog.html#r0
Great! Looking forward for the release :P

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
Here is another issue I just noticed: games extracted from a WBFS partition raise an error when trying to browse them without having privileged access:

Code:
!! wit: ERROR #41 [FATAL ERROR] in AnalyzeFT() @ src/lib-sf.c#2564
!!	  ASSERTION FAILED !!!
And just one more thing: apparently in wit the command

Code:
copy --source mysource --dest mydest --overwrite --sections --progress
doesn't work, throwing the error

Code:
!! wit: ERROR #35 [SYNTAX ERROR] in cmd_copy() @ src/wit.c#1925
!!	  Syntax:
!!		 wit COPY source dest
!!		 wit COPY [[--source] source]... [--recurse source]... [-d|-D] dest
instead

Code:
copy mysource --dest mydest --overwrite --sections --progress
seems to work ...

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
1.) What have you exactly done for "ASSERTION FAILED!". I can't reproduce it.
2.) The source bug is fixed. Tools counted the source params ignoring those of --source
Expect a new version at the weekend.

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
1.) What have you exactly done for "ASSERTION FAILED!". I can't reproduce it.
2.) The source bug is fixed. Tools counted the source params ignoring those of --source
Expect a new version at the weekend.
I extracted a game from my WBFS drive and tried to list it using the wit command
Code:
list --recurse myDesktop --sections --unit GIB
but without prepending sudo this will raise said exception. Oh and just one last thing: is the syntax for the --unit parameter correct? I always get the size in bytes despite the parameter ...

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
The --unit option is for human readable tables, the --section output always send the exact data (bytes).

About the assertion failure: I can't reproduce it, perhaps it is a max issue. So I have disarmed the assertion and added some more info. The only sense was, to verify the possibility for a planned change.

EDIT:
You're working on a Mac-GUI for WIT? Shall I add a note on the wit homepage?

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
The --unit option is for human readable tables, the --section output always send the exact data (bytes).

About the assertion failure: I can't reproduce it, perhaps it is a max issue. So I have disarmed the assertion and added some more info. The only sense was, to verify the possibility for a planned change.

EDIT:
You're working on a Mac-GUI for WIT? Shall I add a note on the wit homepage?
I tried extracting some more games from the WBFS partition and noticed that the list command will only raise an error if the extracted file is of type wbfs. While extracting to wia the progress counter jumped from 0 to 100 to 0 again at the start, maybe it's another bug ... but I don't want to be annoying ;)

It would be awesome if you could add a link to my website: http://desairem.altervista.org/witgui
Thank you for everything you are doing for me!

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I can't access the mac over the weekend. And so I can't make a full release. But I have committed the last version into the beta repository:
* http://opensvn.wiimm.de/wii/branches/public/wiimms-iso-tools/
If you want, you can make it for your self for testing.

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
I just got a feature request from one of the users of Witgui ... Would it be possible to have something like an option in the list command to get each game as soon as it is found (instead of printing a summary only at the end)? This would be useful for users who have a lot of games to make sure that something is going on while the job is running!

EDIT: I know the --progress parameter prints the number of games found so far, it would be interesting to know which games they are though.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I just got a feature request from one of the users of Witgui ... Would it be possible to have something like an option in the list command to get each game as soon as it is found (instead of printing a summary only at the end)? This would be useful for users who have a lot of games to make sure that something is going on while the job is running!

Simply NO. The internal data structure works with a collector: Collect all files, remove duplicates (hard and soft linked files) and give the list back to the calling command.

EDIT
The only way I see is a list of candidates:
I can print a message like "FOUND: wbfs:abc.wbfs" with some issues:
* The list is unordered and can have duplicate entires for an image.
* Some of the listed images will never be processed because of a filter.

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland

Simply NO. The internal data structure works with a collector: Collect all files, remove duplicates (hard and soft linked files) and give the list back to the calling command.

EDIT
The only way I see is a list of candidates:
I can print a message like "FOUND: wbfs:abc.wbfs" with some issues:
* The list is unordered and can have duplicate entires for an image.
* Some of the listed images will never be processed because of a filter.

Having an unordered/unfiltered list with double entries would be no problem and of course necessary. It would be simply interesting to have a raw list of games found so far to display some temporary infos. (Maybe it could be possible to have name and id along with the filename, too?)
I didn't have the chance to test the beta release yet, I'll first have to figure out how to compile it on Mac :P

EDIT: Uhmm ... shouldn't there be some kind of configure file in the beta release?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wiimms-tools.png

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools v2.08a - 2012-08-31
A command line ISO+WBFS tool set for various os.

WIT (Wiimms ISO Tools) is a set of command line tools to manipulate Wii ISO images and WBFS containers. The two main tools are called wit (Wiimms ISO Tool) and wwt (Wiimms WBFS Tool, the WBFS manager).

Feature overview:
Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/features.html for more details.

Download of the current version:

There are also some GUI available:

Change log:

Code:
wit v2.08a r4027 - 2012-08-31

- New command: wit IMGFILES: Print a list (1 file per line) with all image
files inlcuding their associated split files. If option --null (-0) is set,
the list is NULL terminated to support all possible file names.
- New command: wit REMOVE: Removes the image files including their associated
split files.
- New option --scan-progress: Print a log message is printed for each found
image while scanning the local file system.
- Bug fix: "wit COPY --source a --dest b" threw an error, because the tool
thought, that no source was defined.
- Bug fix for "wwt ADD --raw": wwt copied to large (double layer) images.

The source is published under the license of GPL2. Checkout the sources directly from the SVN repository or browse the source. Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/ for more information.

Reactions: 2 people

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Using Linux on my Wii to write a game to a WBFS partition on an attached USB hard drive using the --raw option in wwt 2.03a (which I notice you have deleted from your download page) causes a Error 001 when I try to boot it. Using --psel data instead avoids his error but I want to know why --raw creates a non-working game with everything I've tested, which includes sources that have been scrubbed with wit and which only contain a data partition. Is this a bug? Everything on my WBFS partition verifies okay with wwt no matter if written with --psel data or --raw.
Fixed! (Hope so ;) )

@[member='Nickkk']:
* 2 new commands
* Try --scan-progress for image logging

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
Using Linux on my Wii to write a game to a WBFS partition on an attached USB hard drive using the --raw option in wwt 2.03a (which I notice you have deleted from your download page) causes a Error 001 when I try to boot it. Using --psel data instead avoids his error but I want to know why --raw creates a non-working game with everything I've tested, which includes sources that have been scrubbed with wit and which only contain a data partition. Is this a bug? Everything on my WBFS partition verifies okay with wwt no matter if written with --psel data or --raw.
Fixed! (Hope so ;) )

@[member='Nickkk']:
* 2 new commands
* Try --scan-progress for image logging
Thank you so much!
"wit remove ids ..." works perfectly!
"wit list --recurse myDesktop --scan-progress --sections" instead doesn't seem to work, I'm getting a lot of [progress:found] all at once just before the [summary] ... I was wondering if it could be possible to print in each [progress:found] also the other game details that are printed after the summary, as the name and the id which I assume have to be retrieved directly from the image? Or are this details retrieved later?
Anyway, good work :D

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I have forgotten, to flush the output. Workaround: add --progress to use its fflush()

About the other infos: The infos are not collected in this stage. Let me think about it.

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
@[member='Nickkk']
Try this wit binary: http://wit.wiimm.de/...c/wit-r4030.bz2
Awesome! Now the --scan-progress works and it has every info as in the summary, just as I wished :-) I hope not to have forced a change in the structure of wit or too much additional code ...
I'm messing around with wbfs images right now and I'm experiencing some problems with the command "wit move/remove myWBFSFile.wbfs --sections" which cause the error

Code:
!! wit: ERROR #28 [WRONG FILE TYPE] in SourceIteratorHelper() @ src/lib-sf.c#5732
!!	  Single images of a WBFS not allowed:
!!	  myWBFSFile.wbfs
! wit: No valid source file found.
Maybe this problem is related to the fact that wit causes a similar error when trying to list a wbfs file extracted from a WBFS partition?

EDIT: Are you also going to add the --scan-progress option to wwt?

EDIT 2: I was also wondering if error/completion logging and could somehow be improved when the --sections parameter is set. When deleting a bunch of files, for example, and only one of these can't be removed (see wbfs issue above) I get no
section and only a bunch of lines starting with "!!" and it's rather difficult to get the filenames which could be successfully removed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.