Hacking Write-up to my previous post: How I think SCT changes the GamePad language

1vb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Alright, so after messing around with the system and the language, etc..., I think i figured out how the GamePad has the language it is displayed.

@gavinlai in their "Sync out-of-region GamePad" post mentioned about how replacing the DRC Firmware or mixing both of them does not work, and I think I get the reason why now.

The language of the GamePad is, contrary to popular belief, not a part of the DRC Fimrware itself. It is, however, determined by the "texture atlas for gamepad (tv remote)" app.

This app contains several language files ("lang_xx.bin", where xx is a number) made for the Wii U GamePad, usually only containing language files made for that system.

The North American title contains files from "lang_00.bin" to "lang_03.bin", aka English, French, Spainish and Portuguese (in no particular order)
The European title contains files from "lang_04.bin" to "lang_11.bin", for European languages.
The Japanese title contains a single "lang_12.bin", for Japanese.

Now, using the SysConfigTool, I was able to determine that these files are responsible for the languages displayed on the GamePad, and language conversion can only happen if a "lang_xx.bin" file of said language exists.

I really want to find a way to push said file onto the GamePad, effectively making a "DRC Language Changer", but I still have no idea how SCT actually does the change. Not that I can even reverse engineer it tho - it's too hard and not worth the legal hassle for me.

Someone please let gavinlai know it would help them a lot

Reactions: Windi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played