Hacking Write NAND-dump with boomii

LOKKO12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there, i would like to ask if its possible to write a NAND-dump from an other wii with bootmii. Wanna do a dual NAND mod and dont wanna buy an expensive Flash writer...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It is, but you need the keys from both consoles to be able to convert the dump. Either way you would need a hardware flasher and soldering tools.

But if you just want to do a dual nand setup without converting the nand of the other console then that can be done as well.

Even better is using one of these TSOP48 Clips and then you can just swap out the nands as you want. I did it to my tech wii. But fair warning is that you need the right equipment for these as they will melt even if you just look at them funny. A complete reflow and IR preheater setup is a must, but fucking worth it.

LOKKO12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cant i just dump the nand from wii A, transfer it to wii B via SD and flash it with bootmii, de-solder the nand (from wii B that now has Wii A's NAND on it) and solder it to Wii A (with a switch to change the Nand)?

LOKKO12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
afaik, no. Want to make a portable wii that either boots PortabliseMii or another modded system version. it shall be very easy to use once finished building.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Cant i just dump the nand from wii A, transfer it to wii B via SD and flash it with bootmii, de-solder the nand (from wii B that now has Wii A's NAND on it) and solder it to Wii A (with a switch to change the Nand)?
No. Bootmii will not allow you to flash a dump from another wii. It does this safety/sanity check for a good reason.

And, how do you plan on quickly swapping out the nand chips anyways?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...