Gaming Would you buy a FPS game for 3DS?

So... This is about imagining a First Person Shooter on 3DS, a well-baked one, say, rated >85 on

• YES, sure. 3DS MUST have a good FPS anytime soon!

Votes: 50 49.0%
  • NO. Nintendo portable consoles, including 3DS, aren't made for this type of game.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • MAYBE. I would read the reviews and analyse the features before deciding.

Votes: 30 29.4%

• Total voters

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The reason i made that comment about FPS' killing gaming before is that in this day and age, about 50% of Video Games made are shooters. 40% Is shovelware and the remaining 10% are quality games of another genre.

In another ten years my guess is that 70% of games will be shooters, 25% will be shovelware, and the remaining 5% are quality games from another genre, additionally, from my experience with shooters, if you've played one you've played them all.

Surely you can see where I am coming from, no?
Shooters aren't as common as you think.
Walk down to EBGames or something and look at all their games, you will notice the amount of games per genre is nearly even (depending on the console though).

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason i made that comment about FPS' killing gaming before is that in this day and age, about 50% of Video Games made are shooters. 40% Is shovelware and the remaining 10% are quality games of another genre.

In another ten years my guess is that 70% of games will be shooters, 25% will be shovelware, and the remaining 5% are quality games from another genre, additionally, from my experience with shooters, if you've played one you've played them all.

Surely you can see where I am coming from, no?

Did you know 47% of statistics are completely made up?

Reactions: 1 person

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would prefer a 3rd person shooter, but depends on the game.

I have pretty much every type of game in my library except for shooters. Hopefully they don't screw up with The Conduit. If they do a great job, it would be perfect.

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Face it touch screen controls are just crap for this genre of game. Ninty needs a 3ds xl with dual analog nubs, Or at the very least to release that hideous circle pad. Its a priority to have smooth camera control for targetting and precision in a fast paced setting like a fps. Anything less just doesnt cut it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Face it touch screen controls are just crap for this genre of game. Ninty needs a 3ds xl with dual analog nubs, Or at the very least to release that hideous circle pad. Its a priority to have smooth camera control for targetting and precision in a fast paced setting like a fps. Anything less just doesnt cut it.
I prefer touch screen aiming over dual analog.

It's all preference. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean it's crap.

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No true gamer is gonna settle for touch screen controls over dual analogs lol. Come on now, there's honestly no comparison. I own a 3ds, dsi and psp. Im not a fanboy of any system i call it as i see it. Touch screen has its merits for certain games, it works great for rpgs and adventure games but anything that requires precision camera control should be left for hardware that can properly support it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No true gamer is gonna settle for touch screen controls over dual analogs lol. Come on now, there's honestly no comparison. I own a 3ds, dsi and psp. Im not a fanboy of any system i call it as i see it. Touch screen has its merits for certain games, it works great for rpgs and adventure games but anything that requires precision camera control should be left for hardware that can properly support it.
Are you really trying to argue over an opinion? Once again, preference. Personally, my aim is more precise with a touch screen over dual analog.

That's like saying: Kiwi's are better than strawberries.

Also, obviously if many players want a second analog (Which they do), when they develop a first person shooter for the 3DS they will most likely give multiple controls schemes. Hopefully one supporting the Circle Pad Pro. There's is absolutely no point to your arguing.

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Your opinion sucks.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HERP HERP IKR RITE BR0 M3ANZ ALL H4RDC0RE GAMORZ USE DUAL AN0LOGZ L3TZ G0 AN PLYZ SUM C0D LIEK H4RDC0R3 GAMORZ HERP HERP

Its a opinion bro, just because you like dual analogs (which is funny because none of your game systems have dual analogs) doesnt mean you can go around saying its the best, and while im on that note. What makes you think your more credible because you say your not a fanboy? Im a Nintendo fanboy and I still think Nintendo does stupid shit (although Im not as quick to call them on it as some people are) and some of my favorite games are not on Nintendo consoles. And explain to me how a stick that moves 6 ways adjusting a cursor on a screen is more accurate then a stylus that you PUT on the screen and MOVE the damn cursor where you want it.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely, because the DS had some great FPS controls that worked well for Metroid Prime, later Call of Duty games, and Goldeneye. Of course, it would have to have great multiplayer (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Goldeneye, etc.) or an absolutely fantastic a decent story (The Darkness, Prey, Red Steel, etc.), or both, but that is unlikely. Of course, it could also just be made by a publisher with an awesome track record too (Metroid Prime and some other games).

schmammal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay Zantigo, go play like cod on ps3...
okay now metroid prime hunters

okay, notice the piercing hand cramp and general fitigue you got from ds FPSs?

I it had slide pad pro support id buy it.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay Zantigo, go play like cod on ps3...
okay now metroid prime hunters

okay, notice the piercing hand cramp and general fitigue you got from ds FPSs?

I it had slide pad pro support id buy it.

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
metroid prime hunters was pretty fun on the ds but left handers are gonna have trouble without a slide pad pro since they won't be using a stylus with their right hand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A