Hacking Would it be a good idea to install cubic ninja on sysnand?

Good Idea?

• Total voters

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Since it's a repeated question maybe a sticky would be in order, topic: Cubic Ninja can not I repeat NOT installed and or run in sysnand with CIA.

:hateit:
inb4 "what about ocarina of time?".....no, there is no universally signed ocarina of time either

truth is people dont read anything, they just want to be the first to come up with an amazing idea :rolleyes:

Odven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
inb4 "what about ocarina of time?".....no, there is no universally signed ocarina of time either

truth is people dont read anything, they just want to be the first to come up with an amazing idea :rolleyes:
I totally searched cubic ninja CIA, but I only saw karl3ds and non-related threads.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
None of the poll options cover what would actually happen.

You would install the CIA and it may show up on your sysNAND home menu, but it will not boot unless you're running sysNAND in GW mode, in which case ninjhax will not work anyway. My guess would be a 3DS logo boot loop or an error if you try to boot when you're not in GW mode.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

You would install the CIA and it may show up on your sysNAND home menu, but it will not boot unless you're running sysNAND in GW mode, in which case ninjhax will not work anyway. My guess would be a 3DS logo boot loop or an error if you try to boot when you're not in GW mode.
it would actually just say "redownload from eshop" when you go to launch it, wouldnt even get as far as trying to boot it

Reactions: LoneGrenade

Odven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Choice 4 install but won't run.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can install it, but you won't be able to run it outside of GW mode.
There are certain CIAs that don't require GW mode to work once they are installed, because they're signed to work on any 3DS (like system updates, free eShop content I think, as well as games that came preinstalled on consoles), however Cubic Ninja is none of those things, and was never released on eShop outside of Japan. Even if it was, there wouldn't be a console bundle released with it because it's a rather insignificant 3rd party game.

Bottom line: IF Cubic Ninja had an eShop release in Australia/Europe, and IF there was a console bundle that came with it preinstalled in those regions, and IF someone dumped that preinstalled game using FunkyCIA2 or another method that can generate 100% legit CIAs, then it would be possible and everyone would already be doing it. Sadly that's a lot of ifs and none of them are true.

On the other hand OoT3D might be a possibillity if you buy the eShop version, but to do that we'd need a way to transfer that purchase over to sysNAND from emuNAND since we can only access eShop from emuNAND (although we can't at the moment because of the new 9.6 update). This will be possible once we can replace certain files on NAND on the n3DS like we currently can on o3DS, to effectively perform a system transfer (or copy) manually without requiring a system update. I don't think it will take very long before we're able to do this. At the moment that's all theoretical though, I don't think anyone has actually tried to use the exploit with their eShop version of OoT3D yet.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone with a Japanese console downloaded Cubic Ninja from the eshop before it got taken down, they would be able to run it from Sysnand without cart switching.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the other hand OoT3D might be a possibillity if you buy the eShop version, but to do that we'd need a way to transfer that purchase over to sysNAND from emuNAND since we can only access eShop from emuNAND (although we can't at the moment because of the new 9.6 update). This will be possible once we can replace certain files on NAND on the n3DS like we currently can on o3DS, to effectively perform a system transfer (or copy) manually without requiring a system update. I don't think it will take very long before we're able to do this. At the moment that's all theoretical though, I don't think anyone has actually tried to use the exploit with their eShop version of OoT3D yet.

Not to mention the problem of injecting the GW save into the OoT CIA. Would that be possible?

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we get an emuemunand mode?
Like, I'll use the OoT cart to boot into emunand.
then use an installed CIA of OoT to boot into emuemunand.
Then I have 3 nands! Need more nand.

Reactions: Maximilious

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have now entered.... The emuVERSE...

Or maybe it's nandception? Nobody really knows which nand they are in at this point. You just need tricks to Que you're not in the real one.
inception_19931.jpg

Reactions: Maximilious

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sm7_facepalm.gif

why dont people understand that if you could run unsigned cia files in sysnand nobody would need a gateway card....the exploit always has to come before running unsigned content....chicken and egg guys.....chicken and egg

They don't and for some reason it just doesn't compute. Seen this many times happening with ODE's for ps3. People asking to run CFW from the ODE, doesn't work that way.

Reactions: Suthek

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They don't and for some reason it just doesn't compute. Seen this many times happening with ODE's for ps3. People asking to run CFW from the ODE, doesn't work that way.
And once you tell them it can't be done?

"I saw a youtube video that said ______________*"
And then you're proven wrong because nothing on YouTube is fake. :creep:

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Currently, the only way to get a legit CIA of Cubic Ninja working on sysnand is to have a Japanese console and download Cubic Ninja from eShop, then transfer it and it's ticket to sysnand manually or installing it while emunand and sysnand is still linked.

For the rest of us....You have to use the cartridge, there is no bundled version of this and the eShop version wasn't released outside of Japan.

FYI, most CIAs don't install to sysnand from a technical stand point. They all install to SD card (except most DSiWare games. Those actually do get written to NAND. Specifically to the TWL partition). The only thing the CIA installs to sysnand directly is a generated ticket for that title which goes to a specific file on sysnand.

Only CIAs with CTRNAND as their install location will actually get written to sysnand. (usually only system titles can get written to NAND. Modified content won't appear/boot if installed this way even in Gateway mode, because Gateway is stupid and didn't patch the sig checks correctly, so custom NAND data won't work.)

So at the moment it's highly unlikely you can actually brick sysnand with a bad game cia. Most likely if the ticket was fudged, the console will just delete the bad ticket file (and you'd probably lose all your other installed titles) or the home menu would freeze. But you could get around that possible issue by booting without the SD card and manually deleting the bad title from SD card. DevMen usually won't install corrupted CIAs anyway, so it's unlikely NAND/Emunand data would ever get corrupted from a CIA. (unless that CIA was designed specifically to do that. But I have not ever heard of any one doing that.)

But I have not heard of these kind of issues ever cropping up and if they did, emunand wouldn't be safe from them either. :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Currently, the only way to get a legit CIA of Cubic Ninja working on sysnand is to have a Japanese console and download Cubic Ninja from eShop, then transfer it and it's ticket to sysnand manually or installing it while emunand and sysnand is still linked.

For the rest of us....You have to use the cartridge, there is no bundled version of this and the eShop version wasn't released outside of Japan.

FYI, most CIAs don't install to sysnand from a technical stand point. They all install to SD card (except most DSiWare games. Those actually do get written to NAND. Specifically to the TWL partition). The only thing the CIA installs to sysnand directly is a generated ticket for that title which goes to a specific file on sysnand.

Only CIAs with CTRNAND as their install location will actually get written to sysnand. (usually only system titles can get written to NAND. Modified content won't appear/boot if installed this way even in Gateway mode, because Gateway is stupid and didn't patch the sig checks correctly, so custom NAND data won't work.)

So at the moment it's highly unlikely you can actually brick sysnand with a bad game cia. Most likely if the ticket was fudges, the console will just delete the bad ticket file (and you'd probably lose all your other installed titles) or the home menu would freeze. But you could get around that possible issue by booting without the SD card and manually deleting the bad title from SD card.

But I have not heard of these kind of issues ever cropping up and if they did, emunand wouldn't be safe from them either. :P
oh you can brick sysnand with a bad cia file.....spoof the title version of system titles and it wont end well :P....which is why we only install stuff from reliable people/sources and dont just install whatever people upload with a exciting name

Reactions: tony_2018

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And once you tell them it can't be done?

"I saw a youtube video that said ______________*"
And then you're proven wrong because nothing on YouTube is fake. :creep:

Its just too bad they don't have much experience with the google search feature. That damn thing was a success when they took off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...