Hacking Working AceKard 2i 3DS straight out of the box

ady199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that I purchased and have now received my Acekard 2i 3DS from:-

Genuine Acecard 2i 3DS

I can confirm that it works straight out of the box on the 3DS (after the Acekard system files have been copied onto your micro card)

I've also updated to the new 1.1.0-1E Firmware and the card still works.

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean that you no longer need a DS to update it in the future and can use the 3DS to do everything?

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
This means that NEW carts are being sold with the 3DS update applied. Some stores still have a stock of older carts they're selling.

If you update your 3DS in the future and it blocks the flash cart, you will need another DS the flash cart runs on to apply the new update.
this might be a stupid question but then couldn't you just update the flashcart on the 3DS and THEN update if the 3DS firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
doodads said:
Rydian said:
This means that NEW carts are being sold with the 3DS update applied. Some stores still have a stock of older carts they're selling.

If you update your 3DS in the future and it blocks the flash cart, you will need another DS the flash cart runs on to apply the new update.
this might be a stupid question but then couldn't you just update the flashcart on the 3DS and THEN update if the 3DS firmware.
Yup, that's why my sentence started with "if".

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doodads said:
Rydian said:

Yes. That's the way you should always do it.
If you see an update for the 3DS check Acekard.com (NOT acekard.cc! Remember, cc = crappy clone!) and grab the AceKard firmware update before you update your DSi/3DS.
If there is no update on Acekard.com, come here and look to see if anyone else has updated their 3DS and it still works fine (if it doesn't work, you'll see 10 posts of people who didn't know how to look first crying about it not working).

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see I see, thanks for the info dudes. And now begins the decision of the Acekard or the DStwo for me
tongue.gif
And yes I've read the DS board sticky. Though it seems for the DStwo you still need a DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?