Wireless Connection in Hotel

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by princealbertofpa, Sep 23, 2012.

Sep 23, 2012
    • Newcomer

princealbertofpa New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Just wondering if there has been any updates or hacks for connecting to a wireless connection in a hotel. Thanks!
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy 1, 2, 3, 5.

Message Count:
    United States
    Connect to the open network and try to load a link by adding ?. Jpg to the end of it. Follow the article to set up a grease monkey script to do it automatically.
    http://debuggable.com/posts/hacking-a-commercial-airport-wlan:480f4dd5-50a0-40c6-aa60-4afccbdd56cb

Edit - didn't realize this was the wii section. Never mind.

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Message Count:
    United States
    *palm-face* Maybe you need nerd glasses to read carefully.
    • Newcomer

princealbertofpa New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So, I did some more searching. Apparently you can identify your Wii's mac address, then spoof your laptop's mac address with the Wii's mac address, open your browser on your laptop to accept the terms, and then your Wii *should* be able to connect to the internet. I am headed back to my hotel soon, and will be trying this out either tonight or tomorrow. I will check back in after I try this out... ;)
    1 people like this.
    • Global Moderator

Sicklyboy 1, 2, 3, 5.

Message Count:
    United States
    Brad I'm holding back from saying a lot of things to you right now.

Op, I remember hearing about this but can't remember the specifics. What is it that actually restricts the wii from connecting to a network like that? Usually once you connect you just open the browser and accept the terms...

tueidj I R Expert

Message Count:
    Pacific Ocean
    It won't let you use a network connection until the connection test has managed to reach nintendo's servers, and that would require you to use a browser to logon first...
    You can try creating the connection, let the connection test fail and then use http://www.wiibrew.o...Network_Enabler to enable the connection. Then the wii's browser should be able to log on.
    1 people like this.

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Message Count:
    United States
    Relax, Plasma. I just playing with you, bro.

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

Message Count:
    United States
    You could do that thing they invented back in the olden days: Call someone. If you call customer service for the hotel, they can give you a number to the tech support. They will manually input your Wii's MAC address into their system so you can log on, I guess it would be simpler to have an app for that though :P