Homebrew (WIP) Undertale NDS

Cervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
nah, you're fine. you might have it back the way it used to be. as long as git repository isn't offering the data.win file, it should be okay. I've compiled every version of sonic mania and sm64. I've shared all of my sonic mania builds, because it doesn't contain any assets. the assets are backed into sm64, which is why I haven't shared them publicly.
yeah I'll just return to the old method. It doesn't allow piracy in any way

Reactions: godreborn
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to patch my data.win using Tsukuyomi .ups patcher like the Github readme says to, but whenever I try to add one of the three patches in the latest version it says the input file is invalid. The version of Undertale I'm using is v1.08(c). Is that the wrong version?
EDIT: tried the original v1.0 release with similar results

Last edited by TheDerpyDolphin,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to patch my data.win using Tsukuyomi .ups patcher like the Github readme says to, but whenever I try to add one of the three patches in the latest version it says the input file is invalid. The version of Undertale I'm using is v1.08(c). Is that the wrong version?
yes, this is known. I think he's going to revert to the original way of patching. I had no problems with that, but there's definitely a problem with this new way.

Yeth_the_great

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
sorry if im sounding like a massive dolt, but what on earth do the install instructions mean when they say "you should download the UPS patches from the release tab" what the heck is a release tab?????

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if im sounding like a massive dolt, but on earth do the install instructions mean when they say "you should download the UPS patches from the release tab" what the heck is a release tab?????
it's under assets on the right side. I don't know if he's corrected the compiling problem though. the original way worked fine, but this new way doesn't work with the patcher as one patch and the rest are then invalid due to checksum.

Reactions: Yeth_the_great

Yeth_the_great

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
it's under assets on the right side. I don't know if he's corrected the compiling problem though. the original way worked fine, but this new way doesn't work with the patcher as one patch and the rest are then invalid due to checksum.
Thank you, very much good sir. but could you tell me where exactly on the right im supposed to look because on the github page i cant find anything.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by Yeth_the_great,

Cervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1672572752798.png

Thank you, very much good sir. but could you tell me where exactly on the right im supposed to look because on the github page i cant find anything.

Reactions: Yeth_the_great

aarontal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This project looks interesting, and it's impressive that it's still being developed and updated, not like the other ports that ended up canceled or abandoned, although I haven't been able to test it since I don't know how to compile it and I don't have the necessary tools yet but I hope that the project improves with each update

Reactions: Cervi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cervi , my friend, I just tried to compile your game, after a long hiatus, and it worked. I just extracted the nitrofs, then ran make. I didn't use any of the ups files.

1675151663887.png

Reactions: banjo2

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With the help of a colleague, I managed to compile the nds file (it was a first time for me^^) and it works!

On the other hand, I had to modify the "python3" command for "python" while I am using the latest version of python (sorry in advance if I am not using the right terms in my remarks, I am really a neophyte beginner in this kind of exercise), I noticed a random bug on the bottom screen, nothing bad but from time to time the black background becomes light blue but it's not really annoying, I use the file data.win from the PC steam version.

I couldn't reload my saving game but I probably missed something because it's also the first time I play this game ^^

Anyway it's a great project, I can't wait to see the rest.

Otherwise, at this stage of development, the game is fully playable or is it still in WIP?

IMG20230214222225.jpg

Last edited by Indy13,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of a colleague, I managed to compile the nds file (it was a first time for me^^) and it works!

On the other hand, I had to modify the "python3" command for "python" while I am using the latest version of python (sorry in advance if I am not using the right terms in my remarks, I am really a neophyte beginner in this kind of exercise), I noticed a random bug on the bottom screen, nothing bad but from time to time the black background becomes light blue but it's not really annoying, I use the file data.win from the PC steam version.

I couldn't reload my game but I probably missed something because it's also the first time I play this game ^^

Otherwise, at this stage of development, the game is fully playable or is it still in WIP?

View attachment 353332
if you mean changing python3 to python in cmd, you can use mklink to make the system redirect python to python3. it's how you symlink something in windows. linux is ln -s iirc with the rest the same.

Reactions: Indy13 and Cervi

Cervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I couldn't reload my game but I probably missed something because it's also the first time I play this game ^^

View attachment 353332
Great you could get it to work! Thanks for testing my port.

How strange the thing about that light blue background, I'd never encountered that bug before. Can it be reproduced through some steps or does it happen randomly?

The game is playable, but there are only 10-ish minutes of content for now, some features are missing (like fighting in a battle) and there are some bugs (as you have already notices haha).

I currently don't have time to work on the project, so I'll get back to it whenever I can. It's not abandoned though, in case anyone was wondering :)

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How strange the thing about that light blue background, I'd never encountered that bug before. Can it be reproduced through some steps or does it happen randomly?
I tried to reproduce the display bug so to redo the history, that's all I noted point by point (useful or useless, I don't know, I'm just trying to transcribe as well as possible everything that I did since I installed it).

So far I've only run the .nds file four times so far, the first time just to run it, the second time to play around with it a bit until the first save point, the third time I used the buttons a lot more to quickly skip through dialogues (this is where the bug first appeared) and the fourth time I purposely used the stylus instead of the D-Pad in order to subjecting the program to a data overload.

Besides that, every time I start a game, I always use the same name "Tony" again I don't know if that can have an influence or not.

The bug appears at the first monster.

For the hardware I use a DS Lite with an R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2016 and the latest version of hbmenu (I have not yet tried with YSMenu)

Here I hope all this can be useful to you :)

I will push a little more my investigations while trying to refine my reproduction of bugs, I do not believe that the fact of using the same name poses problem if the system of safeguard is for the moment not yet developed but perhaps that the problem could come from a conflict with the touch screen or one of the buttons, I remember having encountered a similar bug on a homebrew game developed by a member of this forum, I leave you the link of the topic maybe that's it has no relation but maybe also that it can be useful :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/bilou-school-rush.420584/page-2

IMG20230214225249.jpgIMG20230214231158.jpg

Reactions: Cervi and godreborn

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
i have a question is complete like all the maps is can be played like finish the game pls answer my question

Leitola

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! I was very interested in the project! I copied the "data.win" file from the original game directory, but now I have no idea what to do next, I installed the "devkitram" program but I have no idea how to use it, and I didn't find any tutorials on how to get started on the internet, could you help me?

Hey guys! I was very interested in the project! I copied the "data.win" file from the original game directory, but now I have no idea what to do next, I installed the "devkitram" program but I have no idea how to use it, and I didn't find any tutorials on how to get started on the internet, could you help me?

EDIT:
I put everything in the same folder, but when I try to run the command "./patch_all.sh"

this error message appears:
./patch_all.sh: line 1: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 2: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 3: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 4: python3: command not found

Last edited by Leitola,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game