Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softbricked my n3ds xl

cant update it via recovery either, hoping its just because servers are down

is this your first softbrick? if you can, try using your phone's hotspot to update - I had that problem once and my phone's hotspot worked.

I've softbricked 15 times so far, I've given up on downgrading.

xiddus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downgraded my new 3ds and setup new gateway 10.3 emunand -thanks for the great software to all you devs!

I have the new Zelda Hyrule Gold edition n3ds xl - USA which came with 9.9.0U.
I updated to 10.3U before doing anything, then formatted, then setup and launched through browserhax.

I had tried with other sysupdater versions and could not get past #7 or it would act glitchy and spook me. This version was flawless. I made sure to run a scan of my update files twice before proceeding, but now everything is working flawlessly!

I have been in the scene a while though I have a habit of losing login details...lol i have modded ps1 (chip), ps2 (chip then freemcboot), ps3 (cfw), xbox (chip), xbox 360 (drive flash, jtag, glitch), gamecube (chip), wii (chip then softmod), psp (cfw), gba (flashcart), ds (m3zero), dsi (cyclodsi - bastards), 3ds (original launch version using gateway then rxtools), n3ds (homebrew and gateway), and I can run pong on my wii U - Thanks yellow8 - can't wait for the fun of IOSU...if only I had setup tubehax dns sooner i could have more fun - though there doesnt seem to be much more than loadiine anyway for now and i own the handfull of good wii u titles.

Anyway I just wanted to say, that modding has been as fun a hobby as playing the games, maybe more so - its more the experience of going where few go, pushing boundaries, etc - I really respect the time and effort the devs put into the scene(s) and wanted to express a heartfelt thank you for giving me a fun hobby. If I could code I'd love to be able to contribute more - my C++ is mediocre and well lets just say assembly is why I switched majors and got a bachelors in chemistry instead of software engineering lol+

Last edited by xiddus,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
O3DS LL on 10.3.0-28J
Tried menuhax and browserhax (only options for entrypoint that I have).
On menuhax I get stuck with a solid black screen after pressing Y. On browserhax I get the "can't initialize am:u" service or something like that.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
O3DS LL on 10.3.0-28J
Tried menuhax and browserhax (only options for entrypoint that I have).
On menuhax I get stuck with a solid black screen after pressing Y. On browserhax I get the "can't initialize am:u" service or something like that.
Had the same on one of my O3DS XL systems, i ended up using another sysupdater (TuxSHsysUpdater) and that worked perfect.
I first checked my downgrade cia's with safesysupdater, all was ok, after trying to downgrade with Y i got stuck at 2 black screens, so i removed safesysupdater and replaced it with TuxSHsysUpdater
booted back into HBL and started TuxSHsysUpdater, since i already knew my downgrade set was ok, i pressed Y and it downgreded without a problem, working perfect now.

GigoTheBugMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Successfully downgraded :)

Old 3DS EUR 10.3
Formated before downgrading
Used Themehax

Took me 22 tries. Here's a tip from my experience: For my first 21 tries i launched safesysupdater from homebrew launcher (with ftprony trick) and always had freeze when pressing Y to downgrade (with pink pixels). Then i did something like this: I renamed safesysupdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx and put it on the root of my SD card. Then launched safesysupdater, pressed A to check updates, then i had to leave my room for 5 minutes becouse father called me. When i came back my screed displayed info that files are good, so i pressed A to exit. Safesysupdater reboot itself and then i pressed Y to downgrade and this time, it worked like a charm. Even reboot itself after downgrading. Dunno if the 5 min waiting helped or not, but you might give it a try :).

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Successfully downgraded :)

Old 3DS EUR 10.3
Formated before downgrading
Used Themehax

Took me 22 tries. Here's a tip from my experience: For my first 21 tries i launched safesysupdater from homebrew launcher (with ftprony trick) and always had freeze when pressing Y to downgrade (with pink pixels). Then i did something like this: I renamed safesysupdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx and put it on the root of my SD card. Then launched safesysupdater, pressed A to check updates, then i had to leave my room for 5 minutes becouse father called me. When i came back my screed displayed info that files are good, so i pressed A to exit. Safesysupdater reboot itself and then i pressed Y to downgrade and this time, it worked like a charm. Even reboot itself after downgrading. Dunno if the 5 min waiting helped or not, but you might give it a try :).
I've done something similar to you, but since I've already checked the files I simply run it by pressing Y.
Seems that forcing the reboot in a homebrew and make it boot safeSysUpdater raises the chances of success.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,
Reactions: DjoeN

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded my New 3DS tonight. It was one of the units that came with Majora's Mask (but not the special 3DS units). Pretty sure it had past 9.2 on it at the time I got it. Patience is key and be certain you have the right files. The app does have a function to test the files so you know. Yes it will do it again for the actual routine but at least you know they should be good once you get to that point.

With all that said I didn't need to do the ftbrony trick for some reason. I went through NinjHax and was able to launch the app fine first try doing nothing special.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I've downgraded installed homebrew menu cia on and currently formatting an emunand partition, how do I upgrade emunand to 10.3

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 399

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd drop by and give my personal thanks for this, I downgraded both my N3DS XL and O3DS(Animal Crossing XL) back to 9.2 without a problem~

So again, Thank you to everyone involved~ and the easy to follow tutorial. (:

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
why do people hurry to downgrade before 10.4 is released? where is the problem if 10.4 is released and you still stay on 10.3? We still can downgrade, cant we?

GigoTheBugMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
gangs_08

If 10.4 comes out, you will only have one chance to downgrade. If you soft brick - you will be forced to update to 10.4. Theres still a good chance for a succesful downgrade in 1st try, but the risk of losing hax access is higher

Reactions: gangs_08

Weekender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me? 50+ tries, with AND without wireless on. O3DS 10.3
There was this one time where I pressed Y and it sent me to a 'hax successful' screen abruptly. I managed to grow some balls and reset my 3DS. Checked the System Settings app but it was still 10.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: