Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone clarify for me whether this still works on 10.5? I've seen people say it's been patched and others say they downgraded.
No, it doesn't work anymore on 10.5.

The thing is, there are other method to downgrade from 10.5 to 10.2 and finally use safesysupdater, but a hardmod is required

Last edited by Arubaro,

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
we can update from 10.1 to 10.3 with sysupdater?
(got that update nag on the browser right now..)

Sysupdater will install anything that's in the updates folder. So it can get you to 10.3
But that probably won't get rid of the browser nag, as you still won't be on the latest fw that way.

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Sysupdater will install anything that's in the updates folder. So it can get you to 10.3
But that probably won't get rid of the browser nag, as you still won't be on the latest fw that way.
the problem is, i dont have any acces to hbl.. so i guess i cant start sysupdater. guess i need cubicninja or oot.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the problem is, i dont have any acces to hbl.. so i guess i cant start sysupdater. guess i need cubicninja or oot.

cubic ninja is an excellent entry point, because it's a primary hack.
the hack in oot is secondary one. Which means it needs an already homebrew-capable system to set it up (a friend with a homebrew 3DS for example). Or you can use a save dongle (a piece of hardware you'll need to buy) to inject the exploited savegame into the cartridge.

Reactions: gangs_08

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone clarify for me whether this still works on 10.5? I've seen people say it's been patched and others say they downgraded.

No, It doesnt work past 10.3. You can only downgrade from 10.5 If you have a hard mod.

-ninja'd

Last edited by Akira,

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the stupid obvious question pileup but will it actually brick your 3DS if you even try to downgrade (10.5 to 9.2) or will it just throw an error and the 3DS stays intact.
NO i am not going to hardmod. i just don't want to yet

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the stupid obvious question pileup but will it actually brick your 3DS if you even try to downgrade (10.5 to 9.2) or will it just throw an error and the 3DS stays intact.
NO i am not going to hardmod. i just don't want to yet

I don't know, but dont bother doing it, It just wont work. No point on doing stuff that might harm your 3ds. 10.5 is not downgradable unless using a hardmod period.

So actually the best way to downgrade from 10.1 is to update system up to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2?

There are mixed reports about that. There are people who updated and didn't update to 10.3 who has a successful downgrade.

Last edited by Akira,

nihonjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so this won't work with J model? all files are OK but when tested downgrade it will get stuck (only some dots on top screen left bottom is displayed)

and sysupdater doesn't work only get files error main.cpp (usual error code) note i'm on 10.5 and i could try these downgrade method on 10.3 as well to see if it's a blocking issue with 10.5

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this won't work with J model? all files are OK but when tested downgrade it will get stuck (only some dots on top screen left bottom is displayed)

and sysupdater doesn't work only get files error main.cpp (usual error code) note i'm on 10.5 and i could try these downgrade method on 10.3 as well to see if it's a blocking issue with 10.5

It works on any region as long as its 10.3 and below. I used this to downgrade my N3DS XL Majoras Mask with 10.3. Just keep trying. I used the 9.0 update files(which is 9.1 btw) from that iso site since Im always having "failed" on one of the cia on the 9.2 update files.

nihonjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works on any region as long as its 10.3 and below. I used this to downgrade my N3DS XL Majoras Mask with 10.3. Just keep trying. I used the 9.0 update files(which is 9.1 btw) from that iso site since Im always having "failed" on one of the cia on the 9.2 update files.

i see, so then they patched it up as people said they would, then to downgrade from 10.5 we must find a new way i assume, not quite getting the hardmode * but i can at least downgrade my friends 3DS to 9.2 (i hope) since it uses 10.3 (E) and mine (J) is on 10.5. if i knew about all these cool stuff before i upgraded, it be good, now i didn't so i can't do much about it, oh well

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
god, i hate how this so creepily fades in the name of every single cia while downgrading... its past native firm, everyone wish me luck...

trying to reboot...
but nothings happening. how long after trying to reboot should i wait before i force the 3ds off? a minute? 10?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

nihonjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
god, i hate how this so creepily fades in the name of every single cia while downgrading... its past native firm, everyone wish me luck...

trying to reboot...
but nothings happening. how long after trying to reboot should i wait before i force the 3ds off? a minute? 10?
try unplug sdcard some people had black screen if they didn't. i was going to but eventually it booted up. i'm now mad since i did update without knowing this -.- DARN at least my brothers 3DS is now on 9.2 :) just going trough some heavy installations and stuff not sure how to get everything running, will have Google for everything ^^ i'm still learning this since i've never done this before, but i'm yet knowing much before about the mod stuff and play around so it won't be hard :) luckily it worked for A 3DS :D EDIT: it worked for 2nd one as well (10.3) well installation freezed (but was on last one i guess) rebooted and it was fine, sure i'll go ahead and redo the procedure later. but no go for 10.5 will investigate in that, thought i'm not a hax member or modder in any of this kind,

Last edited by nihonjp,

erwieder

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wodrann kann es den liegen habe jetzt noch einen new3d 9.8 auf 9.2 gemacht.

Allerdings wenn ich jetzt auf einstellungen gehe steht halt oben das Nintendo 3DS und er lädt aber dann passiert nichts.
Wenn ich internet starten will steht steht halt das internet gestartet wird aber auch da hängt er sich auf : /

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wodrann kann es den liegen habe jetzt noch einen new3d 9.8 auf 9.2 gemacht.

Allerdings wenn ich jetzt auf einstellungen gehe steht halt oben das Nintendo 3DS und er lädt aber dann passiert nichts.
Wenn ich internet starten will steht steht halt das internet gestartet wird aber auch da hängt er sich auf : /
This is a English forum. You cannot speak German, so please follow the rules.

erwieder

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What could be the have now made a new3d 9.8 to 9.2.

However, now when I go to settings is holding up the Nintendo 3DS and but he invites then nothing happens.

If I want to start internet is available halt the internet is started but also because it hangs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay