Homebrew [WIP] PHBankGB - Pokémon Homebrew Bank GB (R/B/Y)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the OP considered making like fork or an unofficial build that can be used with gen 2 injects that got the wifi patch that Travier made happen? I can kinda understand wanting to wait to see Nintendo release those games officially as 3DS VC, but they haven't even been announced, its quite possible that they never get the same official treatment on the 3DS VC that R/B/Y did. Beyond that, by making it a fork or unofficial version, make it clear that you aren't sure how safe they could be for your save files since the gen 2 titles weren't official Ninteno releases, I think if people downloaded the bank homebrew app knowing the risk they wouldn't blame you if anything went wrong.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I understand that there have been some updates to this app. Would you please create another Homebrew Launcher version of PHBankGB? Or does it auto-update? IDK if I should download it if it isn't up-to-date.

TheUnhingedOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PHBankGB is a homebrew which allows to manage a local bank for Red/Blue/Yellow, and in the future will handle the japanese titles.

The source code will be available later, and the resources are available on github too.

What this Homebrew can do:
  • Work on o3ds and n3ds, with a CFW!
  • Navigate through the PC boxes of a save and the Bank boxes.
  • Display a more specific resume per Pokémon (like IVs/EVs).
  • Select one Pokémon (with stylus or buttons) and move it to another slot/box.
  • Autocomplete the Pokédex when importing Pokémon to a gamesave.
  • Export/Import the savedata directly to/from the game, without the need of external tools (/sav.dat).
  • Load/Save the bankdata to/from the bank, located in the SD card (/pk/bank/bankgb).

How to install it:
  • Just extract the archive at (to?) the root of your SD card.
  • It must contains:
    • The cia installer /cia/PHBankGB.cia
    • The data files /pk/[DataFiles].
  • Install /cia/PHBankGB.cia using FBI/BBM/etc.

Controls:
Movement
  • DPad/CPad: Move the cursor inbox, change box, change pc/bank.
  • L/R: Change the current box.
  • LZ/RZ: Switch from PC to Bank and vice versa (can be done with Pad and/or stylus too).
  • Touchscreen:
    • Move the cursor inbox.
    • Drag & Drop Pokémon.
    • /!\ Don't move any Pokémon to a locked slot, it will be lost /!\
  • Start: Save and return to the title selector.
Selection
  • A: Select Pokémon / Move Pokémon if one is already selected.
  • B: Cancel selection.
Todo List:
  • Implement the multiple selection...
  • Fix the touch screen locked slot bug.
  • Build a move database for the max PP.
  • When moving Pokémon with the DPad/A, switch the held Pokémon.
  • Add an export feature, to export to Gen VI.
Please report any bug you find.

Thanks to @suloku for all his work on the project.
Thanks to @Kaphotics, @SciresM (and #projectpokemon) for their help.
Thanks to @Chamber_ @Solo993 @BlueEmerald @Lake @Neslug @Pikachu25 @Ryta from hax.iimarck.us for the pokémon icons.
Thanks to @xerpi (and SF2D/SFIL's contributors) for the graphic library.
Thanks to @smealum and @yellows8 for the exploits.

Merci !

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you lose or corrupt your save by using this homebrew. It mays contain bugs even within the normal intended use. Use it at your own risk.
ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP! (use JKSM or SDF)

Alpha v1.0.1:
- Inital αlpha-release.
Alpha v1.0.1-a:
- Rewrite the drag and drop checks.
Alpha v1.0.1-b/c/d:
- Bug fixes.

Alpha v1.0.2:
- Bug fixes.
Alpha v1.0.2-a:
- Save read from sdmc
QR Code?

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the OP considered making like fork or an unofficial build that can be used with gen 2 injects that got the wifi patch that Travier made happen? I can kinda understand wanting to wait to see Nintendo release those games officially as 3DS VC, but they haven't even been announced, its quite possible that they never get the same official treatment on the 3DS VC that R/B/Y did. Beyond that, by making it a fork or unofficial version, make it clear that you aren't sure how safe they could be for your save files since the gen 2 titles weren't official Ninteno releases, I think if people downloaded the bank homebrew app knowing the risk they wouldn't blame you if anything went wrong.

Those games at least have a wireless patch and can trade those guys won't even take the time to do Gen 1 version like the Pokemon Brown patch so we who enjoy that game can trade. It would be nice if that was incorporated.

IggyJet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now that Pokemon Bank has the import from R/B/Y feature added will this be getting it too?
I wanna know that as well. Apparently it crashes if you try to convert this app's bank file to a PKSM bank file.

Does anyone know if there's another alternative other than the official Pokémon bank for transfering Gen 1 Pokémon to current Gen?

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you wanna transfer Pokemon from RBY to SM, just use Pkhex, if you want backup of your Pokemon you can do it with it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill