Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I posted earlier in here but you can throw me up as bricked.

9.9U n3DS, shut down at "rebooting in 10 seconds" text.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can I use menuhax now on 9.0? :(
Browserhax, then re-install Homemenuhax
Thank you so much! It worked! Now I can boot with the SD card as usual?
Yep. Be sure to install Homemenuhax in case you aren't ready for Emunand yet
Put me on Weird Sucesses, got 9.0 when using 9.2
Which country is your console? US?
I don't think it's that. Every Nintendo update the do adds stability. It's the fact the hax is unstable
Every time Nintendo makes an update all they do is add more stability and fix known exploits. But judging at the success rate, I saw more N3DS getting bricked than O3DS, your best luck there is to see if Nintendo will restore your NAND, and cross your fingers to get it back at 10.3 to try when more stable installers will get released
open it with ironhax gets stuck on #5 opening ftp and closing
If you're on O3DS you'd have more luck with Homemenuhax

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be the one of the luckiest individuals regarding this downgrade stuff, or I just did everything correctly. Both O3DS on 10.3 and N3DS on 9.9 are now on 9.2!

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just turned off when rebooting happened because it looks like the 3ds froze.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How?
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). It reinstalls the latest firmware form the internet.
That's a copypasta for me now.

Polymorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi-bricked going from O3DS 10.3U to 9.2U starting from, no games were capable of loading, but I can update to 10.3 again.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Browserhax, then re-install Homemenuhax

Yep. Be sure to install Homemenuhax in case you aren't ready for Emunand yet

Which country is your console? US?

Every time Nintendo makes an update all they do is add more stability and fix known exploits. But judging at the success rate, I saw more N3DS getting bricked than O3DS, your best luck there is to see if Nintendo will restore your NAND, and cross your fingers to get it back at 10.3 to try when more stable installers will get released

If you're on O3DS you'd have more luck with Homemenuhax
USA "A Link Between Worlds" Special edition 3DSXL

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The "weird success" of downgrading to 9.2 and ending up on 9.0 is actually not that weird if you're using the modified 9.2 updates pack from "you know where", as has been documented elsewhere on the 'Temp, the modified US (MSET,whitelist etc) 9.2 pack shows as 9.0 if you use it to update with sysupdater, so very likely it will do the same for downgrade.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The "weird success" of downgrading to 9.2 and ending up on 9.0 is actually not that weird if you're using the modified 9.2 updates pack from "you know where", as has been documented elsewhere on the 'Temp, the modified US (MSET,whitelist etc) 9.2 pack shows as 9.0 if you use it to update with sysupdater, so very likely it will do the same for downgrade.

That's really risky, you should've gotten the full ones

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@Substance12 To whoever can code, please think of helping @JustPingo on his KTM.
Please see https://github.com/JustPingo/KernelTimeMachine/issues/14 for why and how to clean up the titles.
And that KTM is yet unstable. I don't think Sysupdater would help you remove the newly published titles in your own region.
It would try install the NATIVE_FIRM multiple times, and that may get the point.
Hope a stable tool for doing this and not from GW could come. (GW downgraded 4.2 leave some garbage in your NAND)

RadioJoNES

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting to warn you guys. I accidentally installed 9.2 for n3DS on my o3DS. It resulted in a brick. Thank lord it was just an extra 3DS I had.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I had a bit of a sticky situation but I think I'm clear now. I will try install rxtools in a while to confirm.

Basically I finally managed to get sysupdater working.... I don't know if it was just luck or whether it happened to work on the attempt when I changed my bootscreen image in menuhax back to nothing. I was previously getting stuck on sysupdater, after several attempts I decided to change menuhax bootscreen.... when that failed with an can't get png size error.... i removed the default image.... and from the menuhax loader screen ran sysupdater.... this time it worked fine.........

Except I used 9.2 system update files with the pack from that iso site with some of the files removed, whitelist etc...

The system seemed to downgrade fine.... except when I got back to system menu I couldn't get into settings to check....it would just stay on the 3ds loading screen.....

I figured it must have been the update files.... so after loading homemenu hax again i tried with the FULL 9.2 o3ds files (from that iso site)

But I had problems loading the homebrew loader using various methods....SO I just used my cubic ninja to load homebrew... when back into sysupdater..... pressed downgrade.... and it basically just installed one file - can't remember the number and it seemed to work. When i go into system menu it shows 9.20-20e

I will try loading rxtools and see if all is well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1