Hacking Windows XP booting on Switch in QEMU (Arch)

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Misleading title. It didn't "boot" on the Nintendo Switch. Linux booted. Then a pre-made virtual image of a Windows XP install was started using QEMU.
I don't consider it misleading as I said (Arch) in the title. Obviously XP isn't going to natively boot on an ARM processor...
Just like when "Windows 95 Starting Up on 3DS" was published, obviously it's not running natively on the device.
Just to make it clearer, though, I added (Arch + QEMU) to the video title.

Last edited by LarBob,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
"Inside a VM" would've been more appropriate than "Arch".

Because "Arch" could mean anything to someone not familiar with Linux distros. They might be thinking of RetroArch.

Reactions: yuyuyup

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Inside a VM" would've been more appropriate than "Arch".

Because "Arch" could mean anything to someone not familiar with Linux distros. They might be thinking of RetroArch.
I mean, it's obviously not going to be running natively... Even if they thought it was RetroArch, they'd think that it was in an emulator. Then they'd see it was running in QEMU as that's clearly visible in the video.
I don't see how there's an issue here, but I'm sorry you feel that way.
Hopefully the editing of the title of the video to add (Arch + QEMU) appeases you some. I can't edit the title here.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it bend? Or can it run Crysis? :D. Those things never go great, makes me remember people on old symbian nokias running Wind95 which takes 4 ever to load and probably even minesweeper is unplayable for the huge lag :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1