Windows 8 mistake, need help...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I was installing windows 8 form a virtual disc drive, and for it, I had to uninstall my wireless connection. I got to the point where I restarted my computer to finish installing windows 8, and then I unmounted the iso image, because I thought it was done coming off of the CD. I was wrong, and now I have decided not to re-install it, and it was some sort of intel software that was making my wireless connection work, but I'm not sure how to find what it was on my computer in order to reinstall it. I'm using a LAN cable right now, and I don't want to have to use it all the time, so I need help!

Did you write down your activation code ? I hope so...
If this is the case, try to download windows 8 on another computer or have a friend of yours do it for you, BURN the image and have your computer start from the DVD drive and you should be able to perform a CLEAN installation.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Google for Wireless Drivers for your model laptop (preferably from the site of the manufacturer) and install them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is recommended that you re-install the system, or at the very least start a Repair session in order to make sure that your system has complete file integrity. You don't *know* what was omitted during the installation, you may be lacking certain services or vital configuration files and it might surface in the (likely near) future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw