Hacking Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How is it more appealing to developers that you don't have to develop anything?

Sounds like it's more appealing to slackers.
You understand the difference between open and closed source, right? Windows 10 wouldn’t work out of the box, how would developers make the required changes to a closed source operating system? It’s not just about drivers. With an open source system, developers can view and modify the source, make changes to the source to make it actually work on the Switch, then push them upstream.

Last edited by sj33,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You understand the difference between open and closed source, right? Windows 10 wouldn’t work out of the box, how would developers make the required changes to a closed source operating system? It’s not just about drivers. With an open source system, developers can view and modify the source, make changes to the source to make it actually work on the Switch, then push them upstream.

I understand the difference. I've spent many years porting software both with and without source code. Without source code is way more fun.

Porting Windows should be easier than reverse engineering the Switch OS as there is a load of documentation about it.

If buying and running free software is equally boring, where's the fun?

Figuring out how to run software that you shouldn't run, on hardware that you shouldn't run it on. Nobody from Linux is telling you not to run it on a switch & Linux is dull dull dull.

Windows 10 on a Switch is way cooler than anything else.

Last edited by smf,

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares about "supported"? That doesn't mean you can't do it.

This is a problem with script-kiddie entitlement. There's no reason for anyone who has the talent but doesn't want Win10 on their Switch to spend the time and energy to make the drivers to get it to work. Meanwhile, kids with low to no coding experience make suggestion after suggestion such as "hey, you could program this really cool thing for me."

If someone wants to spend the effort to learn the necessary skills to make it work, it'll happen. If people want it, but have no intention of doing it themselves, it won't. That's what "supported" really means.

Reactions: thequickbrownfox

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no reason for anyone who has the talent but doesn't want Win10 on their Switch to spend the time and energy to make the drivers to get it to work.

The only reason any of these hacks happen is because of fun. You could just get a job and then buy all the switch games, or buy an iPhone X etc.

Meanwhile, kids with low to no coding experience make suggestion after suggestion such as "hey, you could program this really cool thing for me."

Who cares what they think? I'm pointing out it's possible to do it and it's much more fun than Linux. I've got an infinite todo list for things I want to do, so it might not make it to the top any time soon. Plus it's really nice weather here.

If someone wants to spend the effort to learn the necessary skills to make it work, it'll happen. If people want it, but have no intention of doing it themselves, it won't. That's what "supported" really means.

"supported" implied official support from Microsoft & it has nothing to do whether the software runs or not. I've run software on unsupported hardware before, it remains unsupported even though it works fine.

Last edited by smf,

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should try it by yourself, there are a lot of threads and people waiting for their meals to be served at their beds instead of going to the kitchen and do it themselves.

EDIT: There is also a search button where you can check if there's an answer for your question, which I'm pretty sure there is.

D

Deletedmember331810

You should try it by yourself, there are a lot of threads and people waiting for their meals to be served at their beds instead of going to the kitchen and do it themselves.

EDIT: There is also a search button where you can check if there's an answer for your question, which I'm pretty sure there is.

Incredible how folks like you are allowed to be so toxic on this forum. I hope you need help one day and everyone turns their backs on you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto