Gaming Wind Waker HD

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tl; dr: When I do it on my own time, yeah that's great and fun. But when I'm basically forced to do it just to advance in the triforce quest that's ALREADY filled with tons of of treasure hunting and sailing as it is, it's a bit much.

never had 1 problem having enough rupees 1st thing i do in the game is unlock all the islands on the sea chart so i know where to go than soon as i find a chart i drop everything and go get it unless my rupees are maxed which happens a lot. i've even managed to get them to 9999 once by the time i've reached the triforce quests i've got more than enough to get all the charts translated and finish it in 1 go.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree, I hope they tweak the Triforce quest a bit. The game is absolutely lovely to play, and I can deal with the sailing, but the Triforce quest is just annoying. You sail around to find the various charts, then have to sail to Tingle and pay an obnoxious fee to get them deciphered, then sail out again to find the actual pieces?

I don't expect them to put in loads of cut content, but if they just fixed that quest a bit...finding a singular map (with all the pieces on it) that Tingle has to decipher, or something like that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been feeling like replaying WW lately so I'm definitely getting this. It's just too bad it's at least half a year away.

I have to agree, I hope they tweak the Triforce quest a bit. The game is absolutely lovely to play, and I can deal with the sailing, but the Triforce quest is just annoying. You sail around to find the various charts, then have to sail to Tingle and pay an obnoxious fee to get them deciphered, then sail out again to find the actual pieces?

I don't expect them to put in loads of cut content, but if they just fixed that quest a bit...finding a singular map (with all the pieces on it) that Tingle has to decipher, or something like that.
I kind of agree, though I didn't mind the money part since I had way too much money at that time from exploring and treasure charts.
I doub they'll change too much though, the graphical upgrade is already a huge change and they basically have to redo every part of the graphics engine, so they'll probably keep their other changes to a minimum.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
finding a singular map (with all the pieces on it) that Tingle has to decipher, or something like that.
I hope they don't do it that way. All the cool side quests to find the actual charts are my favorite part of the game. Remember the Cave of Ordeals (or was that Twilight Princess? Idr what it's called in Wind Waker...)?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they don't do it that way. All the cool side quests to find the actual charts are my favorite part of the game. Remember the Cave of Ordeals (or was that Twilight Princess? Idr what it's called in Wind Waker...)?
The Savage Labyrinth. And it is nothing compared to the Cave of Ordeals. XD

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Triforce quest is just annoying. You sail around to find the various charts, then have to sail to Tingle and pay an obnoxious fee to get them deciphered, then sail out again to find the actual pieces?

once you get the warp you just warp near the spots than it's a quick sail over to them it's easy!

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
once you get the warp you just warp near the spots than it's a quick sail over to them it's easy!

That's probably why I didn't mind it. I'm a pretty patient gamer. And that warp just sped things up so much and I didn't care how long stuff was taking.

Hell I think I even made a mini game while sailing, where I'd try to jump over as many lines in the water as possible until I land on one. I think my best was 4 lol.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? People are complaining about the triforce quest? Honestly?
I beat that part in around 20 minutes, finished the game, and as a kid I could only play for 1 hour/1h30 mins...

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Really? People are complaining about the triforce quest? Honestly?
I beat that part in around 20 minutes, finished the game, and as a kid I could only play for 1 hour/1h30 mins...
Including getting the charts? I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible to complete in 20 minutes if you include the charts. The Savage Labyrinth alone probably takes at least 10 or 15.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Including getting the charts? I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible to complete in 20 minutes if you include the charts. The Savage Labyrinth alone probably takes at least 10 or 15.
Ok, maybe I am exaggerating on the 20 mins, but i remember I finished it WELL before gettin yelled at for playing an hour.
This IS Wind Waker We're talking about right?
Not some alternate hardcore version....right?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, maybe I am exaggerating on the 20 mins, but i remember I finished it WELL before gettin yelled at for playing an hour.
This IS Wind Waker We're talking about right?
Not some alternate hardcore version....right?
I wish there was an alternate hardcore version. :P

But hey, the game is hardcore enough as it is.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe they'll add an alternate hardcore version :P

ww isn't like other zelda games the goal mainly is to make $ and lots of it that's what you have to focus on from the very start than you go and do the dungeons.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that liked the Triforce quest?
I thought it was alright. Didn't particularly like it or hate it.

As for me, my favorite pastime was sailing the ocean and banishing the poor fools who crossed my path with light arrows while shouting "Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
as i stated earlier this zelda is focused mainly on treasure hunting. that's what shig wanted you to do find lots of treasure so you'll need it later on. that's why the charts are so exspensive

SoupaFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is one thing that I used to agree with but have since changed my view on it entirely. I too used to think that Wind Waker started to lose it's momentum towards the end, particularly with that last Triforce quest, but quite frankly that quest gives you reason to explore what's left of the world. Now I like the dungeons just as much as the next person, but Wind Waker had a pretty clear emphasis on exploration which is what that last Triforce quest forces you to do & I absolutely love Wind Waker's world.

Granted that backtracking to Tingle's Island is still a tad frustrating, but I can still tolerate it since I typically gather all of the treasure charts and rupees together before I head over there anyway. The one thing that still erks me a bit is something that I doubt will be changed since this feature is prominently in the title of the game, and that's having to change the direction of the wind using the wind waker. It's not so much the process itself as much as it is the time it takes to do it, but even with that said, Wind Waker makes mah dick so000oo goddamn hard.

Am I the only one that liked the Triforce quest?
If I didn't make it clear enough already in my first paragraph, I enjoy that last Triforce quest to bits.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
And I say it again: If they make the Triforce Quest available from the start (as soon as you can sail the ocean) it would be much, MUCH better.

Imagine you get the first chart before windfall island and can't read it. Perhaps you get it in the forsaken fortress, which would make sense since ganon obviously wants the triforce. Then you meet tingle and he tells you he can decipher the chart if you visit him on his island. you can first do that after dragon roost island.

So you head straight there because you still have this chart. And you get a few charts every now and then in between the dungeons you have to do. So when you completed all dungeons and Zelda is kidnapped, you only have to do one more trifroce quest or so and can follow her.

This way you would have a much better pacing, nicer exploring and more reason to sail around the world. Add in a new island or two, make the tingle tuner available on the gamepad, orchestrate the main sailing music and maybe the title screen or something and you have yourself the best 3D zelda up to this point.

and that would not really take a lot of effort on nintendos part, since all tehy have to do is slightly change the locations of the triforce pieces.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for this game to hit shelves. My only question is why didn't Ninty get it ready for launch? I bet if this was a launch titles sales would be much higher for the console. I know lack of great launch titles hurt the Wii, and it seems to be hurting Wii U as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you