Hacking Will you update?

Will you update to 3.70?

• Yes, I want to go on PSN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... CFW is the way to go!

• I'll see, if there isnt a 3.6x cfw out within x weeks/x months then I'll update

• Total voters

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So OFW 3.70 is now available to download. Are you lot going to download it or wait till there is a CFW for the current fw your on right now. Im waiting for a 3.66cfw (its not that long now! probably in 2-9+week time!)
And also the progskeet board which can enable users to switch between cfw and ofw! Their working on a solderless version!

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Loz said:
So OFW 3.70 is now available to download. Are you lot going to download it or wait till there is a CFW for the current fw your on right now. Im waiting for a 3.66cfw (its not that long now! probably in 2-9+week time!)
And also the progskeet board which can enable users to switch between cfw and ofw! Their working on a solderless version!

best not to get your hopes up for a cfw 3.66 or cfw 3.70. it just isn't going to happen EVER. i've already updated i kinda like the new catagory they added and some of the updates. hate with how many people complain about the new update and all that stuff (people on the sony forums complaining about the same issues they had from the last 12 updates kinda sad really)

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Loz said:
according to this, it says it there might be a 3.6x cfw coming up... unless i misunderstood it...
i see 3 pictures on this link that doesn't mean anything.
a picture of a Sata data dumper.
hexeditor with the the update.pbp
and an interface for what looks to be showing info from a flash chip.
the down side is the firmware is saved on the NAND not the hard drive. it might i repeat MIGHT be temperately used for installing the newer software from the HDD but other than that. no actual proof of a dump.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
So, what do you guys recommend?? im still on OFW 3.55.... i havent modified my ps3.. dont know why.... maybe because i have a modified xbox 360, so i dont see the case (they have almost the same games)... is like i have been waiting for that something to make me wish modify my ps3...

i did not wanted to update also, to see what happens, but i have been waiting now like 7 months??...

lately i have been very tempted to update the ps3 (mostly for psn, cause i dont have xbox live gold), i dont play a lot online games, but sometimes i do, and i want psn store again, in fact, i have been thinking about even getting PSN PLUS, now that i can get very cheap PSN cards

so, is it worth it to update?? now that 3.70 is out, new keys and everything, i dont see the day where hackers will reach sony (as with psp)....

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... since devs and hackers are working on the 3.6x fimrwares (not trying to say their trying to hack it but to get more things on it), you might want to download one of the 3.6x OFW and use the DNS bypass trick to go online. im on 3.66 and im online

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They didn't ban anyone yet.
Though, you will certainly be flagged if you are bypassing their protection by using DNS trick.

Don't go to 3.66 only for PSN.
Stay on 3.55, Where you can still access PSN for 10 days. The flaw will be patched and eventually 3.66 firmware won't be able to access PSN either, so you will have no hack no PSN possible.

if you think you will hack it one day, stay on 3.55.
If you don't intend to hack it, update it to latest official firmware.

Don't update only because "they are working on 3.6x", you don't know when or if it will ever be released.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't matter if 3.70 have new keys, the ways to obtain them is probably exactly the same as 3.6X, so it doesn't matter. Some devs did say before that if you find the 3.6X keys, you basically unlocked everything beyond.

Really, if you're on 3.6X, just update, because it's completely pointless not to. If anyone manage to make a 3.6X, they can make 3.70 as easily.

Also, since 3.70 is out and there is no 3.6X cfw, then they won't release a 3.6X firmware, since there is no point anymore, they can just skip to the most recent OFW.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Twilight Loz said:
might sound stupid but what happens when your flagged and what does it mean?
It means nothing, as Sony didn't mass ban anyone for bypassing the PSN access.

They "should" have an easy way to check who bypassed PSN access, hacked their console, run homebrew, etc. as they are maintaining an activity log on their servers.
They didn't use it to do anything against the users, except they said "remove every hack content and update and we won't do anything to you", they didn't do anything at all for everyone. (just few ban, but no mass ban)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twilight Loz said:

Also, some people were banned for other reasons than piracy before and they only ban the console, not the account.

That's understandable, they ban you, but if you want access back to your psn account, you need to pay for a new PS3.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Giga_Gaia said:
Twilight Loz said:

Also, some people were banned for other reasons than piracy before and they only ban the console, not the account.

That's understandable, they ban you, but if you want access back to your psn account, you need to pay for a new PS3.

what other reasons do you mean???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...